House Tully, Family, Duty, Honor Appreciation thread

voltron

Am i the really one who really love house Tully ? they deserve some love too. Except for Crazy lysa, they're a good family and should have been on the Iron Throne for the sake of the smallfolks. Every which of them are very dutiful and family people. Tywin should've take some advice from Hoster on how to raised his children, Edmure and Catelyn are primary example of good children in every sense of the term, and Edmure would've been a good heir to the Iron throne. Just imagine how the kingdom would've been peaceful if Edmure was king and Blackfish hand of the king. Here's why i think they're really great :

Hoster Tully, Dutiful lord and commander, very diligent, work for the best interest of his family and seems to care deeply about his family.

Blackfish, a military genius and loyal to his family, he's like a second father to Catelyn and Edmure, and he's been really supportive to Robb Stark, every lord should have a brother or uncle like him.

Edmure Tully, he's one of the few lords in westeros who really care about the smallfolk, he doesn't get enough credit for that. Overall, he seems like a really nice guy, and a caring person.

Catelyn Tully, very intelligent woman, loyal to her family, a good mother, very supportive wife to her husband and she's been very helpful to her son.

I love them (with exception of Lysa and Hoster), but giving them Throne based on the misguided idea that they are the family which cares for the smallfolk is a bit strange for my taste. Basically, it is all about Edmure, as rest of the family are not that preoccupied with the well-being of the smallfolk. That being said, before strawman argument appears, they are not Tywin Lannister... They are just as the rest of Great Houses when it comes to smallfolk. Not particularly careless like Tywin but not too obsessed...

All and all, they have Blackfish, who is one of my favorites, and they had Catelyn... Overall, they could have been much worse.

I love them (with exception of Lysa and Hoster), but giving them Throne based on the misguided idea that they are the family which cares for the smallfolk is a bit strange for my taste. Basically, it is all about Edmure, as rest of the family are not that preoccupied with the well-being of the smallfolk. That being said, before strawman argument appears, they are not Tywin Lannister... They are just as the rest of Great Houses when it comes to smallfolk. Not particularly careless like Tywin but not too obsessed...

All and all, they have Blackfish, who is one of my favorites, and they had Catelyn... Overall, they could have been much worse.

House Tully motto is about Duty, and i think they're more prone to respect their duty to protect the smallfolk than the Tyrells, the Lannisters, or the Baratheons. I think the Stark and the Tully are the only one who respect their obligation as lords to protect the people.

Easily my second favorite great house. Love all members except Lysa. Hoster was ruthless, but I imagine that the old Kings of Winter were very similar to him.

my theory is Lysa is not Hoster's child :cool4: And i don't think Hoster was ruthless, of course he must punish the lords who had betrayed him but other than that, i don't see anything ruthless about him.

I love House Tully except Lysa but I imagine she could have been very different if there was no Littlefinger.

Hoster we don't know much about but he seems a caring and good father. What he did to Lysa is basically what any lord would do. It was his duty really. The one big problem I have with him is not sorting out House Frey.

Blackfish is awesome: smart, good military head, brave, loyal. My favourite Tully.

Catelyn I love: dedicated to her children, smart, with a woman's courage.

Edmure I love too: I think he's like the perfect image of what a knight should be.

There are so many great things about the Tullys. I love them all, except Lysa, but i do have sympathy for her and i feel like without all the traumatic experiences and isolation, she would have turned out fine. Maybe a little bit naive and dumb, but not everyone can be perfect like Cat.

Riverrun is very underappreciated in my opinion, it's a beautiful and awesome castle.

I really like the auburn hair/blue eyes combo, too.

House Tully motto is about Duty, and i think they're more prone to respect their duty to protect the smallfolk than the Tyrells, the Lannisters, or the Baratheons. I think the Stark and the Tully are the only one who respect their obligation as lords to protect the people.

No, the current generation of Starks and Tullys(well only Edmure really) cared somewhat about their duty to protect smallfolk. The last generation Hoster brutally sacked the village of a lord who defied him.

That is why I talked about strawman arguments. As to what their responsibility is, let we never forget what Hoster has done to the villages in Riverlands that were supporting the Crown. Your opinion that Starks and Tullys are the only one who respect their obligation to protect the smallfolk is unfounded and we haven't seen anything that would actually confirm that. I mean, what Robb's men did in Riverlands and Westerlands doesn't speak much about his care for the people. So, it basically stems to what Edmure did and how he felt (with some Catelyn's opinions), but not generalization that would have involved entire House.

Well its time this thread went in another direction

Hoster Tully: So honorable he made his daughter abort her child.

Catlyn Stark: So unselfish she freed the king slayer and captured Tyrion both of which got tons of innocent people killed.

Lysa Tully: So smart she married LF.

Edmure Tully: So wise he sent all his banner men away to fight Tywin piecemeal.

The Blackfish: So devoted to his family he refused to marry and hold lands that could have helped his family.

Catlyn Stark: So unselfish she freed the king slayer and captured Tyrion both of which got tons of innocent people killed.

The Blackfish: So devoted to his family he refused to marry and hold lands that could have helped his family.

I suggest looking up "appreciation" in the dictionary.

No need to be a douche and turn an appreciation thread into a flame war thread.

Archived