Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 6 [show spoilers]

Seneti

There is no Tyrion on that picture. where is he? Has the actor only been watching or is he part of the scene here and only out fo sight?

Maybe he was just spared by Dany.

Edit: Tibatonk was faster

Tyrion is trying to escape with them, as well. At least I believe that's his leg visible behind the crew member, next to Missandei. It does look like his costume from the earlier photos.

ohhhh exciting!

That picture could indicate a few things....

I've got a feeling that those former Mereenese slaves lying in the background weren't burnt by Drogon, they look like they've been massacred. They seem stylistically placed as if killed by humans not fire.

Second question is why her guard (daario), maid (missandei) and tyrion (and possibly Hizzy who is probably not shown) would be down in the pit if Drogon had appeared. They must get down there before Drogon comes out of the sky.

I think when Dany recognises that it is Jorah fighting in the pits she tells Hizzy to stop the fight, but he wont, so her and Daario and co go down to the pit to stop the fight/command them to stop fighting. THEN Hizzy pulls some sons of harpy stunt, kills some people in the audience...Drogon is attracted by all the blood and BANG he appears.

I don't think the pit scene will be the best of the season, but certainly the most exciting

Question for the book readers. How many times have you read the books and how many times have you watched each Season?

I re-read specific chapters and re-watch specific scenes. I actually stopped watching S1 at episode 8...it was so strange, I was enjoying the show so much I didn't want it to end, then the weeks turned into months and I have no idea what happened :dunno: I decided to get back into it when S2 was coming back and watched the S1 DVDs. And then started reading the books and posting on websites and now GoT is a year round obsession.

As mentioned before I also stopped reading ADWD when I had about a third of the books left because I "didn't want it to be over". I really do not know how my brain works.

^But you know how ADWD ends though IIRC. Don'cha?

I have heard of that "don't want it to be over" business before. I have a friend who never watched the 2-part Christmas special for the UK Office for that very reason. I've tried to convince him to watch (because it's GREAT) but he still won't to this day.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I know another guy who won't watch s5 of the Wire for that same reason.

^What do you think will be btw? If we get the Ides of Marsh this year, I guess that would be to me. Also the Walk sounds like it'll be disturbing, visceral stuff.

The battle of winterfell could be just as awesome, if done properly.

Oh! LOL. I thought you just meant fly straight from Meereen to Westeros.

They may skip the Dothraki. It depends, I think, on what George has planned for Dany. I do think we're going to get the battle for Meereen in S6 (they wouldn't pass that up) and that--in theory--should end with loads of dragon fire (which, again, they won't pass up). But whereas GRRM will probably make that last at least half of Winds, D and D will reduce it to a few episodes so that Dany is in Westeros by mid S6. So, Dany's time with the Dothraki might only be one episode.

I still believe we will get BoM in early season 6, episode 3 IMO. Just too good to be skipped, they won't lose the possibility to show dragons burning stuffs. Because of the possibility that dany arriving in westeros by the end of the season Will be the main them of S6, the Battle Will be the event that start the process.

^But you know how ADWD ends though IIRC. Don'cha?

I have heard of that "don't want it to be over" business before. I have a friend who never watched the 2-part Christmas special for the UK Office for that very reason. I've tried to convince him to watch (because it's GREAT) but he still won't to this day.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I know another guy who won't watch s5 of the Wire for that same reason.

Oh I finished ADWD ages ago. I read the Theon sample chapter as well and it's actually my second favourite Stannis-centric chapter after the prologue of ACOK. I've only read the "Arianne" chapter after that because I got a little tired of the drip-feed of chapters when there's no publication date in sight.

It looks like he may even have more of a beard than he's had in the show too...seriously stannisismyking, convey that picture to sati somehow.

It does look like he's been marching but I think, if he's sitting with those actors in particular, that they must've all been shooting some early s5 CB stuff together yesterday.

^What do you think will be btw? If we get the Ides of Marsh this year, I guess that would be to me. Also the Walk sounds like it'll be disturbing, visceral stuff.

One of my favourite scenes in the AFFC/ADWD ? i couldn't say really.

I mean i loved maester aemon's last convo with jon snow and his death scene, loved slynt's beheading and definitely all of theon's chapters and cersei's walk and also Jaime's riverlands arc (which isn't going to be shown).

If the show actually does most of those scenes....i think Jon Snow's and Theon's scenes will be some of the best in season 5 as we still have the LC election.

Mercy's really atmospheric and awesome. I'd read it, despite your just support for the not-wanting-to-endorse-GrrM's-release-of-sample-TWOW-chapters-instead-of-TWOW cause. If you don't s5 will spoil it anyways. ;)

I dislike Arya's Braavos storyline so I'm willing to just go with what the show does! And if that includes spoilers then it's no big deal!

Archived