Jon Snow IS Dead

iDooom

Just so. If your author gives you a strong hint that something ain't so, then it would be prudent to assume that it ain't so.

Severe blood loss does equal death many, many times. Even in these times when blood is readily available to replace. Back then, not so much. I don't think Jon is dead, I think he either warged into Ghost and Melisandre will bring him back or his king's blood will save him with her help.

I just feel that if he comes back from death it just cheapens death. So either make him dead or badly hurt (however he recovers), or he stays in Ghosts body. But for him to come back from death then we know that Jon is a character that is completely safe from getting killed in the series.

I just feel that if he comes back from death it just cheapens death. So either make him dead or badly hurt (however he recovers), or he stays in Ghosts body. But for him to come back from death then we know that Jon is a character that is completely safe from getting killed in the series.

I agree, I do not want this world to turn into the Marvel one where a major character dies, then comes back. i would much rather just have Jon be wounded and recover.

I'm sorry, but it is no coincidence that the prologue chapter is about a skinchanger who has lived many lives and I think that it is completely possible that Jon will come back in some way, shape, form even if this body of his dies. Either way, outside of the prologues, I don't remember any POV character dying other than Cat... and she didn't stay "dead dead", and GRRM questions his deadness. Too many possibilities for Jon to survive.

He's not 'completely safe'- he could easily die after his story arc is done. The problem is that, right now, his story arc isn't done. So he can't die yet.

my son believes Mel poisioned jon which explains his falling and his strange reaction.

He thinks that she did it cuz she foresaw the attack and is planning on "scarficing" jon to help stannis win his battle. That is why all she sees is Snow.

And jon does have the blood of kings and first men kings at that. And he still keeps to the old gods which is like a triple whammy.

But he also thinks that jeyne poole is the "arya" they find frozen.

my son believes Mel poisioned jon which explains his falling and his strange reaction.

I think his burned fingers were just stiff and clumsy- which is something he has worried about before. With the shock of the attack, he's just not prepared to defend himself.

He thinks that she did it cuz she foresaw the attack and is planning on "scarficing" jon to help stannis win his battle. That is why all she sees is Snow.

...I don't see that at all. She doesn't know Jon is the son of kings, there's no reason for her to 'sacrifice' him.

And jon does have the blood of kings and first men kings at that. And he still keeps to the old gods which is like a triple whammy.

Yet again, she doesn't KNOW that.

But he also thinks that jeyne poole is the "arya" they find frozen.

Jeyne doesn't have Needle, though, which is what Jon jokes that Arya will be found frozen holding.

Jon is in a superposition of states in which he is both alive and dead.

Actually, no.

He's definitely still living when we last see him. Dead men don't feel cold. DYING men might feel cold, but not dead men. Jon is most definitely alive if he can still feel anything.

Now, the next book may start off with the words "And then Jon died", and THEN he would be dead. But he's alive (even if it's just clinging to life) when we last see him in the books.

Yeah, the attack sounds brutal. It's not like he's getting a fucking blood transfusion anytime soon. It would be unrealistic for him to live without some magic from Mel - Which doesn't necessarily mean bringing him back to life, she might "save" him with magic. Albeit at some sort of cost - Likely buying into what she sees him to be and accepting his role.

Yeah, the attack sounds brutal. It's not like he's getting a fucking blood transfusion anytime soon. It would be unrealistic for him to live without some magic from Mel - Which doesn't necessarily mean bringing him back to life, she might "save" him with magic. Albeit at some sort of cost - Likely buying into what she sees him to be and accepting his role.

I dislike this idea. I think, if Jon is to 'come back', then it should be by a magic of his own making- unexplained and miraculous, like Dany did with the dragons. If he is going to die and come back, it shouldn't be through anyone else's hand (especially Melisandre's). If Melisandre resurrects him, it will be no different than Thoros resurrecting Beric- and that was certainly no blessing.

"Why does Jon fall to his knees after getting punched in.....snip...

I fully understand the premise of the video, in correlation with OP; but damn... it was still weird. I suppose the fault lies with myself; in the sense of still being shocked/surprised, by what people put on YouTube. :-)

After revisiting this: (thanks to Northbound 3.0 and Firespider for replying to my earlier post), it seems like there are three main options for how Jon's story plays out here.

1. Melisandre tries Shireen's blood to bring Jon back, doesn't work and Jon is brought back via his own blood, therefore revealing his parentage and now Melisandre hails him as AAR/whatever.

2. Melisandre tries Shireen's blood to bring Jon back, doesn't work and he wargs into Ghost.

3. CURVEBALL someone else brings him back somehow.

But he definitely doesn't just DIE and is gone forever a la Robb. He has a role to play in all of what happens next, even if that is from a direwolf body...

Archived