The Fate of the Red Widow of Coldmoat (TWOIAF Spoilers)

Archmaester Drew

I had always wondered what happened to Lady Rohanne Webber after The Sworn Sword. It seems her fate is revealed in The World of Ice and Fire (Spoiler):

She went on to marry Lord Gerrold Lannister ("Gerold the Golden") and gave birth to the current Lannister lineage (this is confirmed in the Lannister lineage at the back), then she "vanished under mysterious circumstances in 230 AC, less than a year after giving birth to his lordship's fourth and youngest son, Jason." Now the mystery would seem to be: where did she go?

:)

meeeeeh bran DID say she was older than time itself. lol not really but he said she mAY have been the oldest in the whole kingdom.

consider hodor down the line. if webber is old nan, she had to meet someone else we're not aware about.

Omg! She runs off gets pregnant by Dunk who ships her off to his (soon to be SWoW) old buddies the Starks. As far away from the Lannisters as she can get. She gives birth to the daughter (making her ready to become a wet nurse) who after growing up and moving away has a simple minded son named Walder (ewww the daughter slept with a Frey gross) that is sent to live with Grandma back north. 110 years old sounds just about right for Old Nan, and the vision Bran saw was her kissing Dunk goodbye in the Godswood. It's perfect chalk this theory as solved!!!

Jk of course but no worse than my theory that Leaf, who walked the realms of men (her words not mine) was actually Old Nan in glamour. Neds memories of her being old during his childhood were correct bc she has been that old as long as anyone alive remembers. Any takers? Lol

I had always wondered what happened to Lady Rohanne Webber after The Sworn Sword. It seems her fate is revealed in The World of Ice and Fire (Spoiler):

She went on to marry Lord Gerrold Lannister ("Gerold the Golden") and gave birth to the current Lannister lineage (this is confirmed in the Lannister lineage at the back), then she "vanished under mysterious circumstances in 230 AC, less than a year after giving birth to his lordship's fourth and youngest son, Jason." Now the mystery would seem to be: where did she go?

:)

She was devoured by lions.

this may be out of turn and off-subject, but remember bran's vision in ADWD, when he's recollecting and eventually sees Eddard?

there was a scene, of a woman being executed in front of the weirwood, was it ever confirmed what that was?

This kind of throws a wrench in the traditional view of how Brienne is Dunks descendent.

Not sure what Rohanne has to do with Dunk?

All the WoIaF says is that the Tarths have recent Targ blood. But they also have Dunk in them as well. I think Dunk married one of Aegon V's sisters before he joined the Kingsguard (given that Aegon was in his 30s when he came to the throne) and their daughter married into Tarth. That would be a recent-enough marriage to qualify as ... recent ... but low-key enough (i.e. Brienne would be Targ-descended purely through the female line) not to be particularly noteworthy in the main series.

Rohanne Webber was short, thin, red haired with freckles. The girl that kissed Dunk was brown-haired and slender as a spear.

I do not agree that Old Nan was the woman that kissed Dunk. For me, Old Nan could be the pregnant woman in the visions.

Archived