Most Boring POV Character in the Books

teemo

Of those with multiple POV, I find none systematically boring although I have found some chapters to be boring (or even part of a chapter).

For example, I mostly like Brienne but at the deepest lull of her plodding quest to find Sansa, it was getting hard to focus. But then along the way there is the Septon Meribald segment to keep the fire alive with the greatest monologue of the serie and then last part of the trek, fighting with Rorge and then captured by the BwB, was thrilling.

That's easy: Cersei

Despite how hilariously wrong she is about everything she thinks or does?

I thought she had great entertainment value and little dull moments. Especially on a re-read when you know how the decisions she is making at any given moment will end. Try not bursting out laughing at every thought she has about Aurane Waters prior to him stealing the fleet, for example! Or at how smug she is for her clever ploy of erasing debt by re-arming the faith and sending them against Margary. She's comedy gold throughout.

Despite how hilariously wrong she is about just about everything she thinks or does?

I thought she had great entertainment value and little dull moments. Especially on a re-read when you know how the decisions she is making at any given moment will end. Try not bursting out laughing at every thought she has about Aurane Waters prior to him stealing the fleet, for example! Or at how smug she is for her clever ploy of erasing debt by re-arming the faith and sending them against Margary. She's comedy gold throughout.

I also enjoyed Cersei's batshit-ness greatly, but in Grimbold's defense, it really gets a tiny little bit repetitive in the end.

/almost like wherever whores go?

//gurl really had the hots for that Aurane dude, oh yeah.

Dany and Arianne.

Davos, for sure. I've never understood why fandom loves him so much. He bores me to tears.

He is awesome! Along with being a good, selfless, loyal man there's this:

“Death,” he heard himself say, “there will be death, aye. Your lordship lost a son at the Red Wedding. I lost four uponthe Blackwater. And why? Because the Lannisters stole the throne. Go to King’s Landing and look on Tommen with your own eyes, if you doubt me. A blind man could see it. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes.Vengeance!”

Certain characters are boring in certain books, but overall I don't think I've been bored by a character by itself

-Dany in ADWD. In all seriousness, I think I still haven't read some of her late-middlie chapters even after completing the books 3 years ago

-Davos in ASOS, seemed too righteous at the time.

Honorable mention: Quentyn, it is only last year I realised he actually had POV chapters from this forum. And still haven't read them apart from the first one :P

Cersei, cersei, cersei. Sansa was pretty bad in the first 2 books but my god, idk how anyone is a cersei fan.

I'm not a Cersei fan in the slightest but I actually really enjoyed her POV just because I enjoyed watching her progressively lose everything she had due to her own incompetence, all while she became increasingly more delusional and manic over it.

Also the amount of people I'm seeing say "Davos" on here upsets me.

Archived