Most Boring POV Character in the Books

teemo

Catelyn, Bran, Theon and Jon Snow can have their dull moments. Sansa and Arya were boring until the end of the first book where things started to get interesting, now they're my favorite POV characters.

But the most mind numbingly boring POV character is Davos Seaworth, I dread his chapters. Not interested in him, I hope he dies so I won't have to read him again.

I hated Aeron Greyjoy's chapters overall. With the other characters, some of them had quite boring passages: In AGOT and ACOF I found Sansa a bit unneccesary, Sam's chapters in early ASOS was all "I'm cold and my whole body is aching", Arya's AFFC and ADWD were a bit meh to me, Jon with wildling in ASOS was like "I broke my vows but I love Ygritte"...

EDIT: and Davos and Bran, I totally forgot about them. Yeah, Bran's chapters are probably the most boring throughout all the books.

Areo Hotah is a dull character, since he is pretty much a CCTV camera, but fortunately I enjoy reading the stuff he observes.

I have very little interest in Jon, or the Wall in general, so probably him for me.

Victarion too. I dont find his chapters interestung at all. That includes his fight on the Shields

The first time I read AFFC I don't know why I found a lot of boring POVs: the Greyjoys (except Theon), the Martells and Brienne. Maybe it was because they were new characters and i wasn't invested emotionally on them (so I didn't care .... for them). I've just finished my first re-read of AFFC and i really enjoyed the book but I still find Brienne's first chapters to be boring because I know her quest in the Riverlands is useless.

The first time I read AFFC I don't know why I found a lot of boring POVs: the Greyjoys (except Theon), the Martells and Brienne. Maybe it was because they were new characters and i wasn't invested emotionally on them (so I didn't care .... for them). I've just finished my first re-read of AFFC and i really enjoyed the book but I still find Brienne's first chapters to be boring because I know her quest in the Riverlands is useless.

I liked AFFC the least of all the books because of the POV characters chosen for it. Jaime is great, Cersei is good and her chapters were definitely interesting but almost all the time they were together in KL so it was a bit unneccesary to have them both. Brienne is okay but her whole plot in AFFC is spoiled because you know where both Arya and Sansa are so it's pretty pointless. Pretty much nothing was happening in Arya's and Sam's chapters. Eventually I'd say the most exciting character in AFFC was Sansa but she had only 3 chapters. :(

Probably you found them boring because other than Cersei and Jamie, they ARE boring LOL.

Brienne is boring, the Martells are boring. I find the Greyjoys are interesting, but completely unnecessary to the story, except for Theon and Asha. Also, Dany and Tyrion became very boring in the last book.

The storyline that first comes to mind as boring is Brann's, from when Theon loses Winterfell and onwards. There are some one-offs like perhaps the Damphair that are equally boring, but Brann's chapters-times-boringness is the highest.

But I just read through this thread and noticed that many named Dany's arc, especially in ADWD. What's that about now? I'd say Daenerys' book five story is up there with he beset of them. I've written some more about it here: https://promethiumwings.wordpress.com/2015/02/11/some-more-about-the-inhabitants-of-westeros/

Jon Snow is my fave character but some of his chapters drag because he never really meets any main characters. To be fair he is stuck in the same place for 5 books with mostly minor characters but he remains my fave character.

Dany because all she seems to think about was Daario and how to please a bunch of cheesemongers.

Catelyn....

I hated Sansa's POV until she escaped kings landing.

Cersei - i hate her i can't stand being in the mind of such a F***ing moron

Archived