College Basketball 2015 MARCH MADNESS and Tourney pick 'em

Ferrum Aeternum

Continue!

Congrats to UK on staying undefeated, but I am so proud of the Rebels for giving a better effort than I ever imagined. Now I would love to see that translate into more consistent performance all season long. NCAA bid is unlikely since we will get few chances against good teams but the NIT would beat nothing (which is what we got last year).

ETA: Sign up for Tourney Pick 'em!

Continue!

Congrats to UK on staying undefeated, but I am so proud of the Rebels for giving a better effort than I ever imagined. Now I would love to see that translate into more consistent performance all season long. NCAA bid is unlikely since we will get few chances against good teams but the NIT would beat nothing (which is what we got last year).

Strong effort in a hostile environment for Ole Miss. Now just promise me you won't turn around and lay an egg against South Carolina! (Who in all fairness is starting to look pretty solid after beating The Mayor's Cyclones this weekend.)

Strong effort in a hostile environment for Ole Miss. Now just promise me you won't turn around and lay an egg against South Carolina! (Who in all fairness is starting to look pretty solid after beating The Mayor's Cyclones this weekend.)

Hope not. We've actually played much better away from home this year...the worst arena in basketball getting a proper sendoff in its final season! :ohwell:

Also, may I just say that I hate a review that edits the score five minutes after it happens?!!? I understand that you don't want to be interrupting the flow of the game in progress, but that changes everything regarding how the game was played in the intervening time.

Also, may I just say that I hate a review that edits the score five minutes after it happens?!!? I understand that you don't want to be interrupting the flow of the game in progress, but that changes everything regarding how the game was played in the intervening time.

Agreed. I thought when he took the shot that it was a two and was surprised when they didn't overturn it the first time, but there never should've been a second look. Either overturn the call or not, but don't belabor the point to that degree.

Really impressed with the rebels last night. Never thought anyone would score more in rupp this season than UCLA and Kansas combined. Nice effort

Yeah, the more I think about it the less I believe it's real. :lol: I am now back on the Andy Kennedy Bandwagon. Mr. NIT...I can't quit you!

AK does a lot with a little, considering the subpar fan support and horrible arena (though that's finally being remedied in time for next season). He's done a great job lately of attracting overlooked Mississippi guys like Summers, Snoop White & Aaron Jones, and he seems to hit more often than miss on transfers and JUCOs. Memphis is as fertile a b-ball recruiting ground as there is in the nation, so if he can continue to pull decent players from there, he might be able to take the program up a notch. The new building should also help.

Now that Marshall Henderson is gone I can like ole Miss again. I've always liked Kennedy as a coach. Plus he sports my not too distant future hairstyle. I'd imagine it's hard to recruit in those parts as well.

I know I'm in the minority for non-Mississippi fans, but I loved the kid. Wish he could have played more. He genuinely looked like he was having fun out there and never took anything too seriously. Wish there were more of him.

Besides... the kid knew how to party. :lol:

I think Kentucky will lose to Alabama.

Levi Randolph is a heck of a player.

We've got two games with them this year, its as likely a spot as any. I still think at South Carolina is the most likely. Even when USCe is terrible, they still give us problems at their place. Even five years later I cringe when I think about the damn cock crowing and the techno music that accompanied Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe's first loss. :bang:

I know I'm in the minority for non-Mississippi fans, but I loved the kid. Wish he could have played more. He genuinely looked like he was having fun out there and never took anything too seriously. Wish there were more of him.

We've got two games with them this year, its as likely a spot as any. I still think at South Carolina is the most likely. Even when USCe is terrible, they still give us problems at their place. Even five years later I cringe when I think about the damn cock crowing and the techno music that accompanied Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe's first loss. :bang:

Plus SoCar always seems to have a Devin Downy that lights us up for 30. He did graduate right?

I think characterizing him as a "fun-loving" kid isn't close to accurate. He was a moron, an asshole, and a bigot.

I think characterizing him as a "fun-loving" kid isn't close to accurate. He was a moron, an asshole, and a bigot.

Yeah, I used to like the kid and gave him the benefit of a doubt, but eventually I saw the truth. If one of my boys acted anything like that kid, they'd change their tune right quick, I don't care how old they are.

Anyway, I did notice that despite Cal's salesman-esque insistence, the platoons are a thing of the past if last night is any indication. Aaron Harrison, 40 minutes, Cauley-Stein, 39 minutes, Andrew Harrison, 32 minutes

Nervous Carlton Bragg says he's going to Kentucky, then puts a Kansas hat on. :lol:

I know that all the kids like the spectacle of signing day... but there may be times that its better to do it without the cameras rolling.

Yeah, I used to like the kid and gave him the benefit of a doubt, but eventually I saw the truth. If one of my boys acted anything like that kid, they'd change their tune right quick, I don't care how old they are.

Anyway, I did notice that despite Cal's salesman-esque insistence, the platoons are a thing of the past if last night is any indication. Aaron Harrison, 40 minutes, Cauley-Stein, 39 minutes, Andrew Harrison, 32 minutes

I always figured they'd last until about conference play. The reality is that there are guys that are going to be playing better than others. There's no coincidence that the first platoon which consists of mostly players who have been through an SEC schedule took a 12-0 lead and then the second platoon which consists of mostly freshmen gave it right back. This is the kind of game that last year's team would have lost by 12.

Archived