College Basketball 2015 MARCH MADNESS and Tourney pick 'em

Ferrum Aeternum

Somehow I don't think that's the right link. Not that Anthony Davis isn't great and all.

Yeah, I realized later it was wrong. I have now edited it.

But yes... AD is awesome.

Mississippi and Louisiana showing surprising solidarity with BBN. :lol:

They know where it's at! :) I'd love to be watching basketball right now, except Tru TV. Hmmm... to up my Dish package for one month or not? I think they have me this year. I'll pay the extra 10 bucks for basketball right now.

FA your boys better win tonight. I paid to watch lol. Plus, 2 ex-UK players (Masseilo-Manhattan and Pope-assistant for BYU) and UK's strength & conditioning coach circa '96 and '98 (now assistant with Manhattan) are involved. That's my excuse.

so, my annual question.

What is the logic behind having play in games for the 11 seed? I mean, if one of these teams could be the 11 seed, couldn't the loser be...13? 14?

The logic is that they want to generate money. Having all crapola matchups does not generate money.

These days they've gotten at least a little bit more logical. The teams participating are the four lowest seeds overall and the four lowest seeds that did NOT get automatic berths.

The logic is that they want to generate money. Having all crapola matchups does not generate money.

These days they've gotten at least a little bit more logical. The teams participating are the four lowest seeds overall and the four lowest seeds that did NOT get automatic berths.

This. Nobody would watch or show up for games if it was only 16 seeds playing to get into the big dance. You might question the expansion in general to 68 teams, but well, if they're going to do it at least we get a few 2 games that actually matter. :dunno:

Skipped out of dinner early, so I get to watch after all!

FA your boys better win tonight. I paid to watch lol. Plus, 2 ex-UK players (Masseilo-Manhattan and Pope-assistant for BYU) and UK's strength & conditioning coach circa '96 and '98 (now assistant with Manhattan) are involved. That's my excuse.

Our late season slide has sapped a lot of my optimism. Sounds obvious, but we will have to shoot really well to win - and get back to nailing 80%+ from the line, like we were earlier in the season.

ETA: Ha, nevermind, BYU is top 5 in FT shooting too, so it might come down to whichever team gets to the line more often.

I'm watching Murray State and UTEP.

Right now Tim Floyd just got a T for being Tim Floyd. :lol:

There are 12 NBA GMs at the game checking out Cameron Payne.

Your guys have been missing some shots badly. Clean that up and you're right back in it.

This game is going a lot like the last 5 or 6 SEC games did. Get off to a putrid start and play catch-up the whole time.

Instead of trying to match 3s we need to start attacking the basket and racking up fouls.

1 point game now. That foul on Colinsworth seemed pretty weak though.

Yeah I'd be pissed if that were called on us.

They left Moody wide open two straight possessions. Keep doing that and OM has a good chance.

ETA: Speaking of fouls, Moody got straight mugged on that hanging layup and no call.

Archived