College Basketball 2015 MARCH MADNESS and Tourney pick 'em

Ferrum Aeternum

Notre Dame is really giving it to Duke right now and Virginia fell to UNC. Does anyone want the other one seeds?!!!

Is Duke a 1 now? The have one neither their conference regular season championship nor the tournament championship. I don't see how a team can be a 1 if they don't win either of those.

UK is a lock, Arizona will be if they can win the PAC12 tourney... Wisconsin if they win the B1G, and maybe even Gonzaga? I can't see them not putting an ACC team on that line, but there sure as shit shouldn't be two, and Virginia is more deserving.

ETA: Mike Brey seems really likable in his post game interviews.

UK is a lock, Arizona will be if they can win the PAC12 tourney... Wisconsin if they win the B1G, and maybe even Gonzaga? I can't see them not putting an ACC team on that line, but there sure as shit shouldn't be two, and Virginia is more deserving.

Whatever seed UVA is, Justin Anderson has to get to 100%. They were able to get through an easy second half of their conference schedule without him but the Louisville and the UNC games really show how much they need him healthy. Brogden can't be 100% of their offense.

I wish the freshman Shayok would get more minutes instead of Nolte who has been cold all season.

Wow, Buffalo did it. It was a tight first half but they put away Akron, now they're back in the MAC tournament championship for the first time in 10 years. First chance they've had in 10 years to make the dance. And, as expected, they're playing Central Michigan. Winner gets probably a #14 seed in the NCAA, loser probably gets a pretty good seed in the NIT*. Its a big deal.

*ESPN's bracketology seems to think that Central Michigan will win, but that Buffalo is good enough to make the 'Next four out' list.

Is Duke a 1 now? The have one neither their conference regular season championship nor the tournament championship. I don't see how a team can be a 1 if they don't win either of those.

ETA: Mike Brey seems really likable in his post game interviews.

As of right now, Lunardi has Duke as a one seed because Duke.

Jerry Palm has Wisconsin replacing Duke.

You advocate UW and UA, but what would you do with Villanova? I'd say UVA is a lock as is Nova, its the fourth one seed that's up for grabs and it comes down to Duke, UW, and UA. I think for all the reasons you note for Duke to slip, I'd stick UW in there by virtue of my perception that the B1G Icantcount is a stronger conference overall than the PAC XII.

ETA: I also have to say that I just noticed that CBS' Jerry Palm also has his predictions called "Bracketology." That surprises me at least a little bit because I would have thought ESPN would have trademarked that years ago.

Whatever seed UVA is, Justin Anderson has to get to 100%. They were able to get through an easy second half of their conference schedule without him but the Louisville and the UNC games really show how much they need him healthy. Brogden can't be 100% of their offense.

I wish the freshman Shayok would get more minutes instead of Nolte who has been cold all season.

UVA reminds without Anderson reminds of the Jayhawks last year without Embiid. Just a completely different team without him, and unfortunately I don't think they can make a deep run if he keeps playing like he did yesterday (or if he has a setback).

As of right now, Lunardi has Duke as a one seed because Duke.

Jerry Palm has Wisconsin replacing Duke.

You advocate UW and UA, but what would you do with Villanova? I'd say UVA is a lock as is Nova, its the fourth one seed that's up for grabs and it comes down to Duke, UW, and UA. I think for all the reasons you note for Duke to slip, I'd stick UW in there by virtue of my perception that the B1G Icantcount is a stronger conference overall than the PAC XII.

ETA: I also have to say that I just noticed that CBS' Jerry Palm also has his predictions called "Bracketology." That surprises me at least a little bit because I would have thought ESPN would have trademarked that years ago.

I almost edited last night saying I completely forgot about Villanova :lol: Have they played a single game of any consequence all season? Their noon-con SOS is terrible, and the Big East is a far cry from what it was, so I'm not sure where they fit in. I can't them rising above a 2 though. But I'm no "bracketologist."

Holy shit, just turned on Auburn-Kentucky. The size differential between these two teams made me spit up my coffee. Think this is going to get really ugly, really fast.

That's how I felt when KU played them, and we're not small relative to most teams (but we are smaller than normal, and most of our players play below the rim even though they have the physical tools to play above it).

With the Cyclones win tonight, I predict a UW win tomorrow bumps them to a one and moves ISU into the two in the MidWest opposite Kentucky.

I dunno about ISU, but there's no way I see KU as a 1 seed at this point. I was skeptical of them being a 1, but I can't see it now any way you work it (no offense REG)

Just watched ND swat down Carolina. The "experts" I've seen don't give the Irish a chance at a #2 seed. I know their non-con schedule is pretty weak but 2 wins against a probable top-seed (Duke) some other really good wins and an ACC tournament title. Not sure who should get bumped but I think you can make a real case.

ETA: quotation marks on "experts"

UCLA held up decently well against Arizona last night but couldn't pull it off. They are on the bubble, big-time, and probably not going to make it if you ask me.

Looking forward to the Arizona v. Oregon finale here. Arizona has been easily the best team the conference this year with Utah and Oregon pretty much neck-and-neck for the next spot. They played a close game last night before Might Joe Young put it away.

Sorry about your Jayhawks, REG.

Rhom - I think you should share your guilt journal with the board. I know that you have one. You must have written screeds to yourself about the unimaginable conflict within your soul. Share it with us.

Notre Dame was perfect against Duke and did well against UNC. Take away the first few minutes of the second half and they were perfect in that game too.

Whatever seed they get they ND is hot now and will be tough to beat.

Archived