College Basketball 2015 MARCH MADNESS and Tourney pick 'em

Ferrum Aeternum

I dunno about ISU, but there's no way I see KU as a 1 seed at this point. I was skeptical of them being a 1, but I can't see it now any way you work it (no offense REG)

I had zero expectation of a 1 seed. There's just too many other teams ahead of us with many fewer losses. The only reason anybody (sane or not) thought it was possible was our ridiculous SOS. I still think we're a 2 with our loss today, and maybe ISU will be on that line with us. Their ability to comeback from some big time deficits is fucking ridiculous.

We can be a really great team

KU is looking good in the championship.

for one half

Iowa State looking good in the championship.

:stunned:

Arrrgh! If we could just put together a complete game - when - we - need - it. I would be confident in a deep tourney run, but I just don't see it happening this season. Selden was fantastic yesterday and today, Oubre was fantastic yesterday but a ghost today, Greene has been so tentative from three and when we does shoot it's not in the flow (except for the one he made today) it's forced and his already poor defense has gotten worse as his offense has suffered. Ellis was also far from top form today, Coach said he'll be playing with the brace for the rest of the season. I really, really hope that that is not the case, because it was giving him all kinds of trouble today. I'm hoping for a Friday game to give him one more day of healing time. The inconsistency half to half and game to game is just frustrating, I long for a couple of players that want to be the man.

I just thought of this, but if we do get a 2 seed, the 15 we play will probably be the worst team we've played since our two exhibition games :lol:

Holy shit, BUFFALO! They made it, they finally made it. Unbelievable.

Once I find out where they're playing (and they better not be in one of those 'first four' nonsense games) I need to see if its close enough to me that I can get tickets and roadtrip.

Once I find out where they're playing (and they better not be in one of those 'first four' nonsense games) I need to see if its close enough to me that I can get tickets and roadtrip.

Ha, congrats man.

Congrats! :cheers:

Lunardi has y'all as a 12 seed right now, which sounds about right. As a conference champ, you'd have to be a 16 to be relegated to a play-in game and that ain't happening.

Cheers ya'll.

In a lot of ways this feels even better than when Buffalo football finally made its first bowl game a few years back (and certainly then its a second after that). Ever since they got back into D-I sports 20-something years ago, the football team was always horrible, so the fact that they got decent was a "whoa, awesome; how the hell did that happen?" But the basketball team was almost always pretty solid and just never quite made it. This was the third time that they made the MAC championship game and now they finally broke through, the culmination of a lot of years of frustration and perseverance.

The team could've taken the easy way out, collapsing into long-term apathy and irrelevance like some mid-major teams do, but instead they just kept trying. Two years ago the AD made the controversial decision to fire the long-time head coach (14 years) because it was clear that something just wasn't working, even though he had done so much to get the team in decent shape in the first place*. And it seems to have worked out. I don't know if Hurley still has some lingering blood magic on his side from his Duke days, but whatever it is, I'm okay with it.

*There's a lot of college teams in central and western New York fighting over players. Syracuse usually gets first pickings but Buffalo can put up a decent recruiting class these days when compared to Niagara, St. Boneventure, Cornell, Canisus, etc.

UK-Ark game is not surprising. Dayton-VCU has been good.

I didn't think of this until earlier today, but with the B1G's championship game so late (I'm so happy that the Big XII moved the tournament up a day) Wisconsin's seed is likely already locked in.

UK-Ark game is not surprising. Dayton-VCU has been good.

I didn't think of this until earlier today, but with the B1G's championship game so late (I'm so happy that the Big XII moved the tournament up a day) Wisconsin's seed is likely already locked in.

Maybe. I bet they have an either/or set up where they an flip it. No way they get a one if they lose today.

Maybe. I bet they have an either/or set up where they an flip it. No way they get a one if they lose today.

Looks like that's about to happen.

ETA: looks like I spoke to soon! Wisconsin has brought the 11 point deficit down to only 2.

Heh, first time in the tournament and Buffalo ends up in the same half of a region as Kentucky. That's thinking way too far ahead though.

Bring it on West Virginia!

Archived