twins- Jon and Argon?

Is it possible for Jon and Aegon to be twins? Could Ned have brought the kids to Star fall to drop off their sword but also a silver haired baby? Maybe to Ashara? Possibly because she just lost a child of her own? Fake her death and seeks help in Essos from joncon? Ned brings Stark looking child home with him. Now Jon is close to being a force in the north while Aegon starts taking over the IT. Song of ice and fire could be Jon and Aegon fighting for the IT. Thoughts?

• 2 months later...

R+L=A+J is my favorite crackpot theory. I give some of possible clues for it in another thread here.

Not mentioned in the original post is this little tidbit.

ADwD, The Lost Lord:

"No man could have asked for a worthier son," Griff said, "but the lad is not of my blood, and his name is not Griff. My lords I give you Aegon Targaryen, firstborn son of Rhaegar, Prince of Dragonstone, by Princess of Elia of Dorne..."

Whether the twin theory is correct or not, it appears that JonCon might know something about Jon Snow.

I don't think it's possible for Jon Snow and Aegon to be twins because of timeline. Jon Snow was born around the same time as the sack of King's Landing, according to the author, while that's when Aegon, who was near 1 year old, was killed.

Aegon is about a year to a year and and a half older than Jon

Note that under this theory that Aegon in KL and Young Griff would not be the same boy. Under this theory, Young Griff would be the same age as Jon: almost 17. Tyrion estimates Young Griff's age as "15, 16 or near enough to make no matter." Tyrion has been known to estimate ages wrong. He estimates Jon Snow's age as 2 years lower in AGoT (12 when Jon is 14). If Tyrion is underestimating Young Griff's age like Jon's, Young Griff could be "17, 18...," that is Jon's age or Aegon in KL's age.

R+L=A+J is my favorite crackpot theory. I give some of possible clues for it in another thread here.

Not mentioned in the original post is this little tidbit.

Whether the twin theory is correct or not, it appears that JonCon might know something about Jon Snow.

Your theory is astronomical. I am totally dumbfounded I didn't pick up on that.

Per this theory, Ashara Dayne took Young Griff and Ned took Jon Snow, knowing that Young Griff would probably not be able to pass as his bastard son with his Valyrian features.

Something eventually went wrong at Starfall with the Daynes. If you note the link that I listed a few posts above (and in my signature), I describe this more in detail. Long story short, I think Gerold Dayne "Darkstar" exposed the Young Griff plot to someone. I believe that Doran Martell calls him the "most dangerous man in Dorne" because his knowledge of something. Lemore is somehow connected to the Daynes, and is perhaps a Dayne herself. After the hidden child being discovered, Lemore took Young Griff into hiding, but not without being discovered by Varys and/or Illyrio. Lemore agrees to pass Young Griff off as Elia's son Aegon so to get revenge on her friend's and their family. Ashara Dayne was a very good friend of Elia and Rhaegar, possibly of the Starks as well.

Do you mean "twins" by different mothers?

Aegon's mom could not have any more children after Aegon's birth.

Next Aegon's daddy runs off with Lyanna and a year of war rages throughout most of Westeros. And then:

Aegon's mom died during the sack of Kings Landing when Aegon was one year old.

(Remember that angry guy Oberyn?)

And after all that and her death, you imagine she birthed Jon, who is also Aegon's twin, and who turns out to be one year younger than Aegon? I don't quite manage to fit that in anywhere.

Do you mean "twins" by different mothers?

Aegon's mom could not have any more children after Aegon's birth.

Next Aegon's daddy runs off with Lyanna and a year of war rages throughout most of Westeros. And then:

Aegon's mom died during the sack of Kings Landing when Aegon was one year old.

(Remember that angry guy Oberyn?)

And after all that and her death, you imagine she birthed Jon, who is also Aegon's twin, and who turns out to be one year younger than Aegon? I don't quite manage to fit that in anywhere.

Per this theory, Lyanna gave birth to twins: Young Griff (i.e. Aegon) and Jon Snow. The Elia's Aegon would be a different boy, presumably dead.

Archived