Your favorite books so far (out of the 5 released already)...Top 5

Love Is A Sweet Poison

I couldn't help it.

As crazy as it sounds, and as much as the community may shun, i have to be true to myself.

These are the books I read the fastest and I equate that to my "favorite", since by reading them the quickest, I obviously was interested in turning the page.

So here are my top five ASOIAF, not D&E or anything else, just strictly the current story:

1) ACOK

2) AFFC

3) AGOT

4) ADWD

5) ASOS

Does this mean I hate ASOS and I liked it the least? No, I enjoyed all the books very much, but this is my list and everyone will be different.

I am curious what other people think of their list?

Over the last few months I have changed my opinions here quite a bit, my list used to look something like:

1. ASOS

2. AGOT

3. ADWD

4. ACOK

5. AFFC

But I feel like I got a few things wrong, AFFC is an excellent book on reread, the brienne/dornish/ironborn chapters that I used to hold a low opinion of are in many ways some of Martin's most in depth writing.

ACOK continues to disappoint me, the Battle of the Blackwater is a huge disapointment, all of Tyrion's work throughout the book does nothing except delay his defeat by 4 hours, and as it turns out Stannis, though it looked like he could win, never had the slightest chance of winning, and poor Imry gets all of the blame for it. The bad battle sequences don't end at the Blackwater, Oxcross is another nonsensical battle, Robb somehow takes Stafford by surprise in the middle of his country by sneaking past one castle, Stafford gets blamed for not posting sentries, which is like Nebraska not building air defenses, IE not at all necessary. The battle of the Fords is idiocy on the part of supposedly one of the best commanders. And don't even get me started on the Ironborn invasion of the north. Then we have a boring pointless Dany plot, and everything that happened beyond the wall could fit in 3 chapters if need be.

ASOS is overrated because of the last dozen or so chapters, most of the book really wasn't that exciting.

So my new list is:

1.ADWD

2. AGOT

3. ASOS

4. AFFC

5. ACOK

Archived