(Spoiler) Theory on death in coming season

Daendrew

Without Arianne as the heir in the upcoming season and GRRM proclaiming someone will die in the show that is alive in the books, my money is on Myrcella being killed and not just maimed. Then that makes sense for Jamie to go down to Dorne and investigate.

I think if Myrcella was killed then Cersei would be mad enough to send more than just Jaime to Dorne. She'd probably want to start another war.

We saw the necklace in the trailer that Dorne send to Cersei as like a threat that they still have Myrcella, which will probably cause Cersei to send Jaime to smuggle her back alive.

I think if Myrcella was killed then Cersei would be mad enough to send more than just Jaime to Dorne. She'd probably want to start another war.

We saw the necklace in the trailer that Dorne send to Cersei as like a threat that they still have Myrcella, which will probably cause Cersei to send Jaime to smuggle her back alive.

Only if Cersei learns of her death. If this is going to play out, then it will be a horrible accident rather than an intentional killing. I can see it happening. Also, it's feasible that the audition scene was written to stop auditioning actors from learning about Myrcella's death, they wouldn't dish out the actual outcome of events to a load of random actors.

That sounds a reasonable prediction... I wonder if they'll decapitate her... (though that would be a bit extreme)

If Myrcella is killed off, perhaps that opens the door for Trystane to then take on Quentyn's storyline...

Personally I don't think Quentyn's storyline will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Hizdahr ends up being the one who attempts to use the dragons and gets fried.

First off I bet that they will have Jon's final chapter from DOTD in the final episode of this season. It would be the next progression in cliff hangers. After season 4, people were wondering where Arya and Tyrion were off to and Jon's scene would be such a huge thing for non readers. It would ensure that all of the non readers keep watching into season 6. And that GOT is a talking point for a whole year. Non viewers will be convinced to start watching based on a reaction of a viewer to a scene like that. We are hitting the point in the series where non viewers will be intimidated by the amount they need to catch up on. This season needs to totally kill it so everyone at parties says "you have to watch it, I know its a lot to catch up on but trust me its worth it."

That is also why they are killing someone off that the readers aren't expecting. My immediate thought was Myrcella. She's easy to care about because she's an innocent blonde girl (meaning it will be dramatic for the viewers and readers) and ultimately, she doesn't matter that much to the series. Crackpot theory: Also, they could play it like Doran might've had a slight hand in it, playing up his hatred for the Lannisters and his grand plan to kill them all.

Next thought is Robin Arryn. Baelish was basically implying it anyway and he's still alive in the books. He is sickly and a child though, they would need to make him really "Joffery-like" during this season or everyone (viewers) would immediately condemn Baelish for the rest of the series. Or they could make it a legitimate/seeming legitimate accident. His death would also get Sansa and Baelish's storyline moving a bit quicker.

I could see Ser Barriston dying as well. He's a world famous swordsman, but he's pushing 70. It would be great if he died in a real battle though. IE battle for Meerreen or fighting pits or at least 5:1 odds against him. Maybe parallel with the Tower of Joy numbers (he is a white knight after all)? I would really be upset if he was poisoned or cheated out of an honorable knight's death.

Bronn would be an interesting choice as well. In the books it seems like he is wrapping up his character arc if not already finished it, and he is well liked by viewers.

All in all, the surprise death needs to be that, surprising. Hopefully they don't take one of my favorites out.

Jaime in Dornish garb but no sign of Bronn in that leaked footage is rather telling.

The Sand Snakes aren't at that meeting either and they're not dead at that point. The only lowborn person at the meeting is Ellaria.

I don't see Bronn being killed in Dorne, especially since we know he survives being poisoned there already. If they were going to kill him, I don't get why they'd almost do it and have him survive only to kill him later on.

Archived