Sweet Robin = LF's Son

howardh51

My apologies if this has been discussed and/or confirmed/denied.

But I'm seeing a trend from LF here. He impregnates Lysa and Sweet Robin is born. He is for sure more of a match DNA for Petyr than Jon Arryn - LF was a weakling as a child. Motivation? LF's son becomes hair to the Vale...

LF's plan was to, err, dispose of Lysa all along... and maybe go after Catelyn after Ned's beheading - which was a byproduct of LF's game...

Insert Sansa instead of Catelyn.... He marries her off, then plants his seed so no one questions the pregnancy. Disposes of Harry and, wa-la, LF's 2nd son is now the rightful (maybe) heir to Winterfell....

I think this may be the controversial Sansa Chapter that is on its way...

This has been brought up before, there is no clear consensus. GRRM has said that Jon Aryn knew Lysa had been impregnated and had an abortion but he did not know who the father was. The answer to this question will likely come if/when we learn the actual timeframe of when LF came to Kings Landing. If he arrived before Robert was born then I would lean towards LF being the father, if he did not arrive until after Robert was born then obviously he is not the father.

So here's a question how old is Robert? There were 14 years between RR and the start of the books. LF was first master of customs in Gulltown and after distinguishing himself was brought to KL to replace his beleaguered predecessor. Personally I don't see how you could distinguish yourself in less than 2 years, although I could be wrong I think its a good minimum to use. There also needs to be some time before he was even brought to Gulltown, although there really doesn't need to be much of a gap there. I think its fair to say that it would have taken at least 2 and 1/2 years for LF to get to KL, using that measure Robert would have to be younger than 12 at the start of the books. For some reason I think he was 8. if that's the case its certainly possible.

But I'm seeing a trend from LF here. He impregnates Lysa and Sweet Robin is born. He is for sure more of a match DNA for Petyr than Jon Arryn - LF was a weakling as a child. Motivation? LF's son becomes hair to the Vale...

LF's plan was to, err, dispose of Lysa all along... and maybe go after Catelyn after Ned's beheading - which was a byproduct of LF's game...

Insert Sansa instead of Catelyn.... He marries her off, then plants his seed so no one questions the pregnancy. Disposes of Harry and, wa-la, LF's 2nd son is now the rightful (maybe) heir to Winterfell....

Littlefinger was not a weakling as a child. He was slender and shorter than average but that's a long way from being a weakling. Big men like Jon Arryn can have sickly children just as much as small men . Littlefinger's size proves nothing.

IIRC Lysa says something to LF about finally making a son together on their wedding night. If Robert was LF's son apparently Lysa didn't know it given that there's not much reason to buy into the theory. There's no way for it to be revealed barring some sort of vision/ prophecy which just seems like bad writing to me.

They don't think about men being sterile for some reason. People think SR is sickly because Jon had weak seed when his mother's history miscarriages (which might have been due to that abortion her father forced her to have) definitely didn't help. Also, Littlefinger doesn't seem to be interested in fathering kids that aren't from Catelyn, so what does it matter if he poisons Lysa' kid?

SR is stunted due to his condition, LF is merely short so I don't think we can use SR's size as evidence that he is LF's son, still this theory is not implausible but I don't think we will get confirmation from GRRM about SR's parentage and I don't think it will affect the story. LF will still go ahead with his plans regardless if SR is his son or not.

Daily almost, weekly at least.

I still don't like the theory, people are too obsessed with parenthood being a lie. I mean it's understandable given its significance in starting the War, as well as Jon's arc, but it's not everything.

I've had the same thoughts. Lysa worshipped the kid, aswell as she did with LF. It's not impossible that LF early on groomed Lysa to be his "creature". Making sure she didn't concieve any child with Arryn, and thus having his own child as heir to the Vale. LF strives to rise high, and one might ask to what purpose he would have in having his bastard as a high lord, the reason is problaly because he could. Doesn't serve the main story arc at all, but I believe it fits in well with LF's character.

Even if true, which I doubt, it's far too late. LF could be faced with more problems in The Vale.... No. SR isn't LF's son. LF's plan is his real 'son' anyway.

Curious? How long is this infamous scar we've never seen?

Wasn't Jon Arryn married before with no kids? See, this is why there should have been lineage charts for all of the major families. Treating the Baratheons as a branch of the Targaryens was low

When were the Baratheons treated as a branch of the Targs.

Given how muc Lysa loved LF and hated Jon, if there was a chance SR was LFs son, se would have said something.

Even if true, which I doubt, it's far too late. LF could be faced with more problems in The Vale.... No. SR isn't LF's son. LF's plan is his real 'son' anyway.

Curious? How long is this infamous scar we've never seen?

wat

• 5 weeks later...

This has been brought up before, there is no clear consensus. GRRM has said that Jon Aryn knew Lysa had been impregnated and had an abortion but he did not know who the father was. The answer to this question will likely come if/when we learn the actual timeframe of when LF came to Kings Landing. If he arrived before Robert was born then I would lean towards LF being the father, if he did not arrive until after Robert was born then obviously he is not the father.

So here's a question how old is Robert? There were 14 years between RR and the start of the books. LF was first master of customs in Gulltown and after distinguishing himself was brought to KL to replace his beleaguered predecessor. Personally I don't see how you could distinguish yourself in less than 2 years, although I could be wrong I think its a good minimum to use. There also needs to be some time before he was even brought to Gulltown, although there really doesn't need to be much of a gap there. I think its fair to say that it would have taken at least 2 and 1/2 years for LF to get to KL, using that measure Robert would have to be younger than 12 at the start of the books. For some reason I think he was 8. if that's the case its certainly possible.

Robert was born in early 292 AC.

Where is it stated that LF was weakly as a child?

Archived