The reason why all the Blackfry theorys are wrong

Stannis th3 Mannis

This maybe be locked but idk how I could put this In the show forum because no one would be abel to answer it there for the very reasons I am giving about the theorys, show watchers just don't no

Any way what I'm getting at is if all you did was watch the show you would have not clue about Blackfry rebellions and the Dance of Dragons amoung other stuff I can't think of at the moment. so can we look at the lack of info about these things in the show as to meaning that they won't play any significant role in the book. Example would be alot of people think Varys is a Blackfry well that would be all good for the book but pee who just watch the show have no idea what that is.

And if this is the wrong spot for this can Somo e just please I form me on how a person who just watches the show would be abel to answer this or even have a clue about any of it?

Yea and I feel the same way it's just having the same characters in both just having them take a diffrent route to pretty much end up and the same place seems alot diffrent to me then pulling out some big time backstory stuff in the books maybe and totally disregarding It in the show seems like it would not work to me..if that's even what happens

I am sorry, but I find totally wrong to assume anything based on the show. Because, if we would go by the show rules:

1. Tyrion is a Prince Charming.

2. There is no importance in Jaime/Tyrion fight and we know better.

3. Cat Stark died in Twins.

4. Nymeria is unimportant.

5. Arianne is also not important.

6. Greyjoys are no big deal.

7. There are no Willas and Garlan Tyrell

And so on and on and on...

First off I could be totally wrong. And yes they are deviating from the book's but only so much. To me if a branch of the Targaryen family was to come back and play a huge role in the books while not even being mentioned in the show well that to me would be on the level on the show making Jamie and cerci targaryens while the books keeps them Lannister. What I am saying is its one thing to do things diffrent. u got point A and the story goes to point B only the show and books are going to take slightly diffrent lathes to get there as opposed to the show going from a to b while the books go from A to c... lol I hope that came out there he way it was in my head. But yea I could b totally wrong by no means do I claim this to b fact so hold that has ur argument.

I am sorry, but I find totally wrong to assume anything based on the show. Because, if we would go by the show rules:

Do we no the greyjoy s will b a big deal???

Do we no nymera will b a big deal

and so on??

This is a flawed premise. Quaithe appeared on the show, and I bet her backstory delves into Westeros history just as much as the Blackfyre's. Hell, Bloodraven is on the show and he practically comes from the same background than the Blackfyres.

The way I see it this whole list could end up being nothing. What if jamie goes and kills cat well what was the difference of her dieing at the twins and comi g back hanging a few frey then dieing??? What if Drogo kills Victorian and his horn is fake well Greyjoys not that important

First off I could be totally wrong. And yes they are deviating from the book's but only so much. To me if a branch of the Targaryen family was to come back and play a huge role in the books while not even being mentioned in the show well that to me would be on the level on the show making Jamie and cerci targaryens while the books keeps them Lannister. What I am saying is its one thing to do things diffrent. u got point A and the story goes to point B only the show and books are going to take slightly diffrent lathes to get there as opposed to the show going from a to b while the books go from A to c... lol I hope that came out there he way it was in my head. But yea I could b totally wrong by no means do I claim this to b fact so hold that has ur argument.

As I have said, the deviations are not cosmetic changes. They are changing rather significant portion of the plot. The logic is fallible here. I mean, Lyanna and Rhaegar hadn't been mentioned, what, two times in entire series, so does that mean that Jon is not their son? The show is just interpretation, not the series.

Do we no the greyjoy s will b a big deal???

Do we no nymera will b a big deal

and so on??

Yeah, we know that Greyjoys are important. Hence we have 4 POV characters from that family. And we know Nymeria is important because she is basically Chekhov gun waiting for Arya. So, we do know these things.

The way I see it this whole list could end up being nothing. What if jamie goes and kills cat well what was the difference of her dieing at the twins and comi g back hanging a few frey then dieing??? What if Drogo kills Victorian and his horn is fake well Greyjoys not that important

The way you see it? Well, of course. Tomorrow a stone could fall from sky and kill Tyrion. That is your logic. Something can happen. The thing is not that something logically can happen and make someone unimportant due to them being dead. It is about their contribution to the story. And the cumulative effect of these changes makes rather clear that we the stories of the series and TV show are not "slightly differentiating". Which, btw, is quite clear to anyone who has seen the show and read the books

They might have been ignored in the show because it doesn't work as a visual medium. If the conflict is solely about Daenerys and the Lannisters, wouldn't that be better for casual show watchers as well as be easier to film and fit the story in 7 seasons?

We can't seriously base anything on the show.

I actually think the show's lack of Blackfyre reference is irrelevant. If Aegon were real -- and an important part of the endgame -- then he would have to be in the show. And my understanding is that he has been cut from the show. But if he is a Blackfyre -- and dies in battle against Dany -- then that entire plot can be eliminated. So the absence of Aegon in the show supports the theory that he is not the real Aegon -- and thus most likely a Blackfyre of some kind. But he will not be part of the endgame.

Yes maybe the fact R and L HAVE only benny mentioned twice in the show will mean they are not Jons parents.. i was unaware that that was a fact already? ?

Nice attempt, but you have still failed to prove in what way does the omission in the show makes no importance.

Attempt? Sorry but the burden of proof is on you in this case. I am right until proven wrong in this case. If Blackfrys turn out to b nothing more than some back story filler then I was 100% right and we won't no for what? 7 more years atleast. I applaud your efforts tho

I am not turning this into whether R+L=J. The burden of proof is also on you and considering yourself right until proven wrong is kinda funny. I have explained why using the show as starting point is a bad idea, mostly due to the fact that the books are far more complex and that story books are telling is not necessarily the same as the one TV show is. The problem when we start looking at the show the way you did, is that we would have to negate 1000 little things. And the pile of 1000 little things eventually is a big thing. So, are Blackfyres unimportant? Most certainly not. The Dance of dragons which is pretty much set in stone will not only be a test for Daenerys but it can also shape her and thus influence entire dynamics between the key players in WfD. Same goes for Jaime/Tyrion relationship, Nymeria and so on. These things have their purpose in the series. Otherwise, they wouldn't be in it.

Attempt? Sorry but the burden of proof is on you in this case. I am right until proven wrong in this case. If Blackfrys turn out to b nothing more than some back story filler then I was 100% right and we won't no for what? 7 more years atleast. I applaud your efforts tho

You're the one making a claim here with respect to how things might unfold in the book in this topic, so I think the burden of proof is on you...

Archived