College Football 2015: OSU, The Three-Headed Dragon

OK, those of you who did the pick 'em last year should get an email invite automatically.  Anyone else who wants to join:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/register/joingroup

Group ID: 4724

Password: martin

We are picking against the spread, your lowest score week will get dropped at the end.

Bump in case anyone missed this who's interested.  One more week!

How many games are you going to have to pick on? Last year there were way to many. 

The first four weeks are always the worst for volume of picks as everyone is playing cupcakes, it usually scales way down after that because of overlap.

How many games are you going to have to pick on? Last year there were way to many. 

There should be about 20. Yahoo picks the most interesting games of the week and those will be the picks. Should be less than last year, where I think we were doing the yahoo picks and all games involving top 25 teams.

Serious question is there any app for pick em at all? Yahoos app doesn't support yahoos pickem. Doesn't have to be yahoo pickem, any pickem I'd have fun running an app, but it sucks to have to boot up a computer just to do picks.

Oh ho. So much for unanimous, latimes doesn't participate in polls that's why, Ohio state at number 2, that means tcu is number one.

View "Buckeyes will have a tough time repeating" article at http://eeditionmobile.latimes.com/Olive/Tablet/LATimes/SharedArticle.aspx?href=LAT%2F2015%2F08%2F31&id=Ar02601

Sent from my iPad

So there's this website called Grammarly that functions as an online grammar and plagiarism checker. The folks at the website did this fun little exercise where they checked the comments sections of the SB Nation blogs for all the preseason Top 25 teams for grammatical correctness. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to which fanbase brought up the rear by a fairly wide margin? 

If you answered "ROLL TIDE!" then give yourself a gold star. You can't make this stuff up.  :rofl:

How good is north Carolina this year? The schedule for south Carolina is brutal, without a win against NC they will be lucky to get a bowl game and Spurrier will struggle to keep his job, especially with Bo pelini likely available to bail on youngstown.

Didn't realize Arizona State and A&M play in their opener.  That's a nice match-up for the opener and fodder for Pac-12 v. SEC folks.

I'm interested to see if A&M's defense is any better with John Chavis at the helm. I have always considered Chavis to be a tad overrated. We'll see.

I think Arizona St. wins, but it's close. A&M looks to have ridiculous talent on offense this year so they're bound to score some points.

Serious question is there any app for pick em at all? Yahoos app doesn't support yahoos pickem. Doesn't have to be yahoo pickem, any pickem I'd have fun running an app, but it sucks to have to boot up a computer just to do picks.

I inevitably end up looking for one every year, and have never had much luck.  I don't think it would be too hard for a company like Yahoo to come up with something simple to manage/submit your picks and whatnot, but what do I know?  All their online card games still run on the same java code they've been using for 15 years now.

Pass it along if you run across anything worth using.

How about a good college football news blog, I stopped reading ESPN last year after they destroyed the beat writer heavy podcast in favor of a podcast focusing on shrieking Connecticut pundit conflict uber alles and haven't replaced ESPN as a news source since.

I pretty much just surf the WVU Scout board.  Anything anywhere on the internet with info on the Mountaineers will get posted there.  If there is something major happening in CFB that doesn't involve WVU, I'll hear about that there too.  Any college football program with a fan base that has a pulse should have something similar.

How about a good college football news blog, I stopped reading ESPN last year after they destroyed the beat writer heavy podcast in favor of a podcast focusing on shrieking Connecticut pundit conflict uber alles and haven't replaced ESPN as a news source since.

SB Nation is my go-to. Rock-solid writing and analysis with links to blogs for each team, most of which are very high quality as well.

I used to read Collegefootballnews.com, which has apparently been resurrected in a new format. Historically some good commentary here but the site has always been ad-heavy and needlessly hard to navigate, and it looks like that hasn't changed with the redesign.

Similar to others', I mostly follow the UK-centric pages for SB Nation and a few others that actually acknowledge the presence of our football team.  Then I'll follow the links to other outlets from there.  Most of the national stuff I follow trickles down through those outlets, other than what I catch on sportscenter or similar.  Not much help

SB Nation is my go-to. Rock-solid writing and analysis with links to blogs for each team, most of which are very high quality as well.

I used to read Collegefootballnews.com, which has apparently been resurrected in a new format. Historically some good commentary here but the site has always been ad-heavy and needlessly hard to navigate, and it looks like that hasn't changed with the redesign.

Yea I'll second  third SB nation, especially if you don't want to get involved with a fan message board and all the crazies therein.  The Smoking Musket is the affiliate for WVU and they also have links to WVU info as well as pretty good original content.  

Archived