College Football 2015: OSU, The Three-Headed Dragon

So wait... There's a running back with a gold watch while in the field and a dude prowling the sideline dressed like Huggy Bear in a pimping jaguar skinned coat?!!?

What the hell kind of team is VaTech floating?

The best kind. That's some Mike Vick level Swag!!! right there. :P

ETA: How fitting that Braxton Miller is a real-life Matt Saracen. :P

ETA2: That was a perfectly executed QB run by Ohio State. I'm not even mad about it. Young Jace could have run that one in.

Wow...

From some dude named Dennis Dodd on Twitter:

tOSU's next 10: Hawaii, NIU, Western Mich, Indiana, Maryland, Penn St, Rutgers, Minn, Ill. You kidding me?

You play the schedule you got I guess, but there were years that TCU and Boise State were left out of the BCS after playing tougher schedules.

Wow...

From some dude named Dennis Dodd on Twitter:

You play the schedule you got I guess, but there were years that TCU and Boise State were left out of the BCS after playing tougher schedules.

Yeah, there's a reason the Big ten has been a laughing stock for about 5 years now. Ohio State put together a really good team, but that doesn't make the league somehow tougher.

I also feel the need to add that Cardale is the most physically talented QB I've ever seen.  Got a long way to go in terms of accuracy, but he's going to be the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Also, how in the ever living hell was Christian Hackenburg still getting hype going into this season?  Yes his offensive line is awful, but he is just atrocious.  Good college QBs make do with shitty offensive lines all the time.

I'd like to congratulate the board on how exceptionally terrible we all were at pick em in the first week, here's to another!

I noticed that as well.  It's always tough the first few weeks for me... and well most weeks thereafter.

I just saw this morning that Ole Miss put up 76 points on designated fodder UT-Martin :eek:

I just saw this morning that Ole Miss put up 76 points on designated fodder UT-Martin :eek:

We played really well, but depth was the reason that game got so ugly at the end. The heat that day was unbearable and Martin only brought like 50 players to the game. They put up a decent fight early, but by the 4th quarter they'd played too many snaps to even attempt to compete.

It's hard to tell what to take away from an opener like that. On the one hand, we executed everything on offense flawlessly and the D was impenetrable except for a couple of busted assignments. On the other hand, UT-Martin. I guess we'll find out the real story in two weeks at Tuscaloosa. QB was our main question mark coming into the season, and Chad Kelly certainly looked the part on Saturday. Again, basically a scrimmage but he made some outstanding throws and no bad decisions that I could see (the INT was a good throw that deflected off the WR's hands).

A lot of people are saying he's regressed due to David Carr syndrome. I don't know if that's the case or if he was always overhyped, but yowza.

I've heard that, but don't buy it. This is college football, and tons of qbs have awful offensive lines.  It would be one thing if that was an explanation for him not putting up truly great numbers, but that's not happening. He's putting up you're the worst quarterback I've ever seen type numbers.

Also, it's time to get rid of these 1-AA games. I still don't understand why the fans are willing to put up with it.

Not a whole lot of excitement this week as most P5 teams are playing FCS or G5 schools.

Interesting games to me:

Oklahoma @ Tennessee.  Gonna see if either team is for real, I suspect.  I lean towards OU winning, but wouldn't be surprised either way.

ND @ UVA.  Notre Dame is going to stomp the Cavs.  But looking at ND's schedule and judging by their utter destruction of the Longhorns, I'm not seeing a lot of potential L's on ND's schedule.  I think they could get into the playoff so worth keeping an eye on.  That said, Texas was terrible and just looked like a bad team out there, so maybe I'm overrating the Irish a bit.

Oregon State @ Michigan.  I think Michigan will win, but it would tickle me pink if the Beavers pull it out.  

Oregon @ Michigan State.  I picked State to win because that was some suspect D on Oregon's part last week.  But they say teams' biggest improvements come between week 1 and week 2, so in my mind there is still potential for it to go either way.  

Not a whole lot of excitement this week as most P5 teams are playing FCS or G5 schools.

Interesting games to me:

Oklahoma @ Tennessee.  Gonna see if either team is for real, I suspect.  I lean towards OU winning, but wouldn't be surprised either way.

ND @ UVA.  Notre Dame is going to stomp the Cavs.  But looking at ND's schedule and judging by their utter destruction of the Longhorns, I'm not seeing a lot of potential L's on ND's schedule.  I think they could get into the playoff so worth keeping an eye on.  That said, Texas was terrible and just looked like a bad team out there, so maybe I'm overrating the Irish a bit.

Oregon State @ Michigan.  I think Michigan will win, but it would tickle me pink if the Beavers pull it out.  

Oregon @ Michigan State.  I picked State to win because that was some suspect D on Oregon's part last week.  But they say teams' biggest improvements come between week 1 and week 2, so in my mind there is still potential for it to go either way.

Throw in Kentucky @ South Carolina to the interesting list.

Kentucky's next three games are USCe, Florida, and Missouri. Go 1-2 in that stretch and you might have a chance at a decent season, go 0-3 and its essentially over because Big Blue Madness is coming up soon after.

Throw in Kentucky @ South Carolina to the interesting list.

Kentucky's next three games are USCe, Florida, and Missouri. Go 1-2 in that stretch and you might have a chance at a decent season, go 0-3 and its essentially over because Big Blue Madness is coming up soon after.

I feel like UK has to start 2-2 (regardless of how it plays out) to even have a shot at a bowl.  1-3 and it'll be over.

Archived