Who will be in command of the night`s watch after the death of Jon Snow

13th Warrior

A simple question will Alister Thorne be in command of the Night`s Watch or excuted for a Traitor ? (plus all the rest who took part in the killing of Jon Snow )

I'm pretty sure the nights watch will be flattened by the wildlings.

Iif I understand it correctly from the Bookies, theWall comes down; in which case there is no Wall to command.

But now that they have announced an additional season taking the series to 8, they may include a new commander, Thorne to answer your question, and some drama whilst having the Wildings lose their minds over Jon's murder and Jon's eventuall resurrection (which in itself may now be pushed out a little).

I don't think there will be a vote to formally anoint a new one, but I agree that Ser Alliser will conveniently declare himself de facto Lord Commander.

In the ensuing madness (for sure there will be, how can there not?) I predict there will be a protagonist opposite the antagonist of Thorne. One such candidate is Tormund, whom Jon treated pretty fairly throughout his ordeal in custody (plus their Hardhome adventure). Another I would pit against Thorne next season is Davos, but it all depends on where his storyline goes after news of what happened to Shireen and Stannis' fate. 

I sincerely hope Wun Wun steps on Olly multiple times though.

Alisser thorne will temporarily rule the nights watch, but everything will collapse within a matter of days.

Agreed.  I think they may not even show the Wall or NW scenes a lot at first.  I could see the show giving us a Bran-warge Raven's perspective of crazy unrest and tension rising.  Sh*t hits the fan and when it does, the Others arrive. 

Archived