EW Scoop: Ian McShane Joins Cast

Westeros

Typecasting an actor is a poor way to show admiration for them.

I'm betting Elder Brother/Meribald -- not a lot of screen time, but pretty sure this character will introduce the return of the Hound, thereby being "important". 

That's what I was thinking, too. I remember Lovejoy! Yeah, he could play anything.

I can see him as the older Howland Reed having a flashback...hes the only one alive who was there and would be the only one to have theres doubt in me that D&D would attempt to have the flashback using Bran, but both characters could be used to send Reed to the Wall and tell Jon who he is

He looks nothing like the actors who are playing Jojen and Meera. 

Please be Howland Reed! Please...I deserve this. We all could do with some hopeful news after the clusterfuck that was Season 5.

Season 5 being a clusterfuck is your personal, wholly subjective opinion not a fact. Its the most watched season yet and the best reviewed other than the first. For real tho some of you need to step out of the echo chamber once in a while. 

Oh this is huge news!! Other than casting Alexander Siddig (whom was brutally underutilized last season) this may be my favourite actor to join the show since the first season was announced. The casting department sure is hitting home runs, too bad they're being continually sunk by the scriptwriters #dornewasmorepainfulthangonorrhea

Season 5 being a clusterfuck is your personal, wholly subjective opinion not a fact. Its the most watched season yet and the best reviewed other than the first. For real tho some of you need to step out of the echo chamber once in a while. 

That's a subjective opinion that has an awful lot of support. Can't argue that it was the most watched but most of the reviews were not completely supportive of your "fact". King's Landing scenes were excellent, as were Bravos and the Wall. Winterfell was a scrambling far too much and Dorne was a complete and ridiculous disaster. Like any season it had its ups and downs (Hardhome was gold, Daznak's Pit not too far behind) but the bizarre wedding for Sansa and pretty much any part of Jamie's encounter with the Martell's were very poorly done. Overall it hasn't be reviewed nearly as positively as season 4, nor season 3 for that matter.

That's a subjective opinion that has an awful lot of support. Can't argue that it was the most watched but most of the reviews were not completely supportive of your "fact". King's Landing scenes were excellent, as were Bravos and the Wall. Winterfell was a scrambling far too much and Dorne was a complete and ridiculous disaster. Like any season it had its ups and downs (Hardhome was gold, Daznak's Pit not too far behind) but the bizarre wedding for Sansa and pretty much any part of Jamie's encounter with the Martell's were very poorly done. Overall it hasn't be reviewed nearly as positively as season 4, nor season 3 for that matter.

It has a lot of support here, everywhere else? Not so much.

Like I told the other guy westeros.org is not the world. It doesn't even represent a majority of fans online let alone all viewers everywhere. You darlings need to get over yourselves. I mean that stupid rant and rave thread from the season finale is still going for god's sake. If you guys think it sucks so much just don't watch. The rest of us are tired of hearing you complain.

There are people on this thread who are complaining that McShane is too old to play some of these parts. I understand, but remember we are talking about D&D here.

If they decide to recast Bran and give McShane the part, I don't think it cracks the top ten of the stupid shit they've done.

In all seriousness, no matter what part they give him I can't wait to see it.

Like I told the other guy westeros.org is not the world. It doesn't even represent a majority of fans online let alone all viewers everywhere. You darlings need to get over yourselves. I mean that stupid rant and rave thread from the season finale is still going for god's sake. If you guys think it sucks so much just don't watch. The rest of us are tired of hearing you complain.

The funny thing is that the "Rave and Rant" folks are like, I don't know... the same 15-20 guys posting there everyday, twenty times a day, and that's the only reason because every incarnation of that thread gest to 1000 posts. But sure, if you ask them, they are completely convinced they are the majority. And if you tell them that last season was the most watched yet, they will say: "No way, it's not true, I and a friend of a friend stop watching the show!".

I didn't say the whole season sucked, just that it certainly wasn't the "best reviewed since the first". Don't take my word for it, read Towerofthehand for it's deconstructions of each episode or read the reviews by Rolling Stone or many of the independent reviews online, you'd be blind not to see consensus criticism this year....I'm hardly sitting alone on a deserted island off the coast of westeros.org.

Sound like I'm over myself yet, darling?

If you are so tired of people's opinions on this website, stop visiting and posting on this site. The rest of us on this website are tired of people like you judging us -- everyone has a right to his/her opinion.

Archived