Big Bang Theory

Bormon

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1528277' date='Sep 23 2008, 10.19']I think I'm having issues with Sheldon becomming some sort of smartty smart smart Jack/Kramer clone. I mean, he isn't treading any new ground here, he's simply doing it at a higher IQ level. The schtick can sometimes grate.[/quote]

See now where I found Kramer annoying (I am in the 2% minority that didn't like the Seinfeld show), I find Sheldon hilarious.

[quote name='Bormon' post='1535327' date='Sep 29 2008, 10.15']See now where I found Kramer annoying (I am in the 2% minority that didn't like the Seinfeld show), I find Sheldon hilarious.[/quote]

I also disliked Seinfeld. I think I've watched a grand total of thirty miuntes of the show over the course of all the years it was on and in syndication. But I'm not so devoid of pop culture that I'm unaware of Kramer and what his deal was. Sheldon, funny or not, isn't charting new territory for a charcter of his type is all I'm saying.

I watched the first episode of season 2, and I watched the first disc of season 1 (thank you Netflix). Great stuff. The rest of season 1 is on its way.

I didn't like Seinfeld either. And I dropped Curb Your Enthusiasm within the first five minutes of the pilot. I find Sheldon hilarious though. He's only slightly further along the autistic spectrum from the others, so he's not relying on being so different from all the others as was Kramer. I agree that it's not a ground-breaking role, but it's well written and well acted.

[quote name='Bormon' post='1535327' date='Sep 29 2008, 11.15']See now where I found Kramer annoying (I am in the 2% minority that didn't like the Seinfeld show), I find Sheldon hilarious.[/quote]

:agree:

There's nothing new under the sun anyway, so as long as Jim Parsons acts the role well and the role is written well, I'll keep enjoying it.

Like the show but find that there is little 'chemistry' between Penny and Leonard. In fact, I think Sheldon and Penny 'spar' off each other far better. I wonder will they ever go there?

About TV relationships that don't work. Apart from the fact that I think 'Friends' has dated very badly, the way they insisted on Ross and Rachel going all the way when there were more sparks in a dead battery always annoyed me.

Also, the gay lead guy in 'How I met your Mother' persisting with his girlfriend for a whole season and a bit, when again no chemistry, was mind shattering. There is something about that show that really irritates.

Anyone think that there is any chance they will have another Halloween episode? I just want to see their constuming skills again... 4 Flashes, an Indian Thor, the dopplar effect, Frodo, and Robin Hood/ Peter Pan... good stuff

I think that reuniting Sara Gilbert and Johnny Galecki from [i]Roseanne[/i] has added an additional dimension.

Tonight's episode was fantastic! Best episode yet.

Lot's of Sheldon-Penny interplay so far this season, and I really hope they are setting it up for them to get together.

Does Sheldon really need to know everything about everything? Knowing random shit about locks and keys is [i]a little bit much[/i].

[quote name='RedEyedGhost' post='1545325' date='Oct 6 2008, 20.35']Does Sheldon really need to know everything about everything? Knowing random shit about locks and keys is [i]a little bit much[/i].[/quote]

One of the issues I have with the character to be sure.

Tonight wasn't bad. I was hoping for a slightly different resolution, though I don't know what. Very nicely done with the interaction with Sheldon and Penny though. Nice twist on Sheldon getting a taste of his own medicine, so to speak.

[quote]Does Sheldon really need to know everything about everything? Knowing random shit about locks and keys is a little bit much.[/quote]

Yes, yes he does. Ok, so it's not realistic, but it's still funny.

As for the episode itself? It was funny, but I wonder how much of the MMO content was real. I must confess to not knowing enough about the game to guess. I couldn't even tell about the graphics.

Oh, Sheldon is totally the type to know random ass facts about everything. (But yeah, the key thing was a touch over the top.)

I think Sheldon and Penny have always had the best interactions, very odd to see them not fighting this time around!

Also, Leslie :thumbsup:! She's like me, if I was short!

I enjoyed last nights episode. Raj is a good character and deserves more time.

Sheldon's condescension to his friends, while funny, is getting less and less believable (that is, I can't believe that anyone would tolerate it).

Has the Leonard-Penny storyline died? I didn't see the end of last season, so I'm not sure if that arc is on hiatus.

[quote name='Iskaral Pust' post='1555556' date='Oct 14 2008, 15.18']Has the Leonard-Penny storyline died? I didn't see the end of last season, so I'm not sure if that arc is on hiatus.[/quote]

It's on hiatus. Leonard and Penny stopped dating -- either because she thinks that he thinks that she isn't smart enough for him (The Bad Fish Paradigm) -- or maybe it's he thinks that she thinks that he isn't hot enough for her (The Codpiece Topology). Whatever. The tension is still there. It's nice to see some episodes centered on other characters for a change. I can't wait for a Howard Wolowitz (he's easily the most annoying character -- and that's a good thing -- on this show) episode.

sorry, I am always a week behind on this show. I just watched last weeks episode....

the only thing I have to says is ... FRAK ME!!!

:lmao:

(my wife had no clue about the reference.)

• 2 weeks later...
Ahhh! Sheldon is on a DATE!?!?!

"We've been operating under the assumption that Sheldon [i]has [/i]no deal."

ETA: I'd figured they'd try this type of storyline, but this girl is better than I was expecting. "I already know your address...."

Archived