More police fun

Police are evil liars

Whenever police commit criminal acts against innocent people, they do so in the serene confidence that their uncorroborated testimony about the incident will be accepted by judges, and most juries, as the truth.

The only exceptions would be those instances in which audio or video records of such episodes exist — which is why police have started to confiscate cell phones of witnesses and use wiretapping statutes against people who make audio recordings of police encounters. This fact was infuriatingly put on display last August in Philadelphia.

Last August 17, a Philadelphia woman named Agnes Lawless was riding in a blue Mazda with some friends when the vehicle was rear-ended by a car driven by Alberto Lopez, Jr., an on-duty police officer. Lopez left the scene and Lawless, along with her friends, stopped at a nearby Lukoil convenience store.

Lawless was chatting amicably with the clerk when she was suddenly assaulted from behind by a male who thrust a gun into her face.

“He hit me with his left hand, and he had his gun in his right hand,†Lawless later recalled. “He pushed his gun into the left side of my neck. It caused a scrape-type bruise on my neck.â€

The assailant had the same name as the officer responsible for the hit-and-run collision with the Mazda: Alberto Lopez. The difference was that this Alberto Lopez was the daddy of the driver, and like his son he is a veteran police officer. After the younger Lopez rear-ended the Mazda, he went running to his daddy at a local police station, and the two of them went out in pursuit of the victims — not to offer compensation for the injury, but instead to deal out some “street justice.â€

As is the case in almost all such incidents, Lawless — the victim — was charged with “assaulting†a police officer. And like most police officers in such circumstances, Lopez pere perjured himself.

At a preliminary hearing he testified that, after seeing the Mazda in the parking lot, he entered the store and ordered Lawless and her friends to hit the floor. Lawless supposedly “freaked out, started punching, slapping and kicking me multiple times.†Based on that testimony, Judge Robert Blasi ordered that the case proceed to trial. Charges were dropped four days later, however, after the store’s surveillance video was made available.

This is all bad enough. Abuse of power, assault and battery, assault with a deadly weapon, falsifying a police report, hit and run, attempting to suborn perjury, obstruction of justice, witness tampering, attempting to destroy evidence, conspiracy, fraud. Any of these would net a non-cop several years in jail....

Although both Officers Lopez face possible disciplinary action, the District Attorney, after reviewing the matter, chose not to prosecute.

Cops get a special deal. They can do whatever the fuck they want to you, try to cover it up, and laugh about it. They can get away with assault, theft, rape, and murder.

Oh yeah, and racism. They totally get away with that :pirate:

Police are evil liars

This is all bad enough. Abuse of power, assault and battery, assault with a deadly weapon, falsifying a police report, hit and run, attempting to suborn perjury, obstruction of justice, witness tampering, attempting to destroy evidence, conspiracy, fraud. Any of these would net a non-cop several years in jail....

Cops get a special deal. They can do whatever the fuck they want to you, try to cover it up, and laugh about it. They can get away with assault, theft, rape, and murder.

Oh yeah, and racism. They totally get away with that :pirate:

Politicians get away with all of that and more. Doesn't make it any less unjust, I'm just saying.

The more we tolerate it, the worse it will continue to get.

People in positions of authority will abuse that authority as much as the people they govern allow them to. No more, no less.

A cop once called me "fag boy" for asking if he had jumper cables. I think I was 16.

Fuck them.

I've never had an experience with police officers quite as traumatic as that.

But once I was pulled over for speeding, and, although the officer was kind enough to give me a warning, as opposed to a ticket, I thought his tone of voice was a bit patronizing. His whole attitude seemed a bit smug to me.

So, you're right. They're all bad, so fuck them, and fuck them all.

I was employing a teeny amount of hyperbole. But how many Rabbis have ever shot innocent people and not gone to jail for it? If I accidently shoot a cop I'm going to jail, possibly for life, if the reverse happens he's getting time off with pay. See a problem here?

I was employing a teeny amount of hyperbole. But how many Rabbis have ever shot innocent people and not gone to jail for it? If I accidently shoot a cop I'm going to jail, possibly for life, if the reverse happens he's getting time off with pay. See a problem here?

Thats what happens when you give your cops Guns.

I don't think our (UK) cops have ever accidently shot anyone that I am aware of.

Although they may have shot an innocent person.

The two cases I remeber one was thought to be a suicide bomber, and the other had a table leg inside a black bin liner and was pointing it at the police in a threatening manor.

There are plenty of problems with plenty of cops. This does not mean that Police = Evil.

<mod gloves>

Complaining about the police and wanting to shoot them all is tiresome. If you want to discuss particular cases, stick to the facts.

</mod gloves>

[MOD]

There is already one mod request in here to stick to specific cases.

If someone wants to refer to a specific case, by link, and then discuss it, so be it. But, simply banging on about how bad cops are is not acceptable.

[/MOD]

Archived