Lots of hints on Not A Blog!

Rimmer

Well Ned lost his head. As did Anne Boleyn. Anne Boleyn was played by Natalie Dormer in The Tudors which was recently shown on American TV.

Excellent deduction, Holmes!!

This also fits nicely with GRRM's phrase that 'shows can get cancelled and so can characters.' Both Ned and Anne Boleyn 'got cancelled.' :lol:

This just occurred to me: Perhaps Bonnie Wright as Sansa?

She plays Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potter series. She had a very minor role in 2007 on an American show, so that matches GRRM's specification. She has no lines in the pilot, so it's a 'small' role, but by God is it important. She is about the right age (she's 18), and she has the right coloring.

Just my 2 cents.

She plays Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potter series. She had a very minor role in 2007 on an American show, so that matches GRRM's specification. She has no lines in the pilot, so it's a 'small' role, but by God is it important. She is about the right age (she's 18), and she has the right coloring.

Just my 2 cents.

That's a good guess, she has perfect coloring for Sansa.

When he said someone in common with Ned, I actually thought something in common with Sean Bean, which took me straight to LotR. That was still sitting in the back of my mind when he mentioned that two of them were recently on American television. Dominic Monaghan was in Lost not too long ago, he's too young for Theon, but about right for Jamie. I don't know how I feel about the idea, but that's where my mind went.

Dom (yes, I call him that - we're old chums :P) is now working on ABC's Flashforward, and it probably coming back to Lost's final season for a spell, so I think that's out.

And Elizabeth Mitchell has the lead in V, a new series, as well - and she's also filming a few more episodes of Lost.

Elizabeth Banks is from my hometown. We were in the same high school theatre program. (Albeit, she's a few years older than me...:P)

Just my 2 cents.

Good thought! I've never been a fan of her acting ability in the HP movies, but she does have a loyal following.

'Dutch Treat' in GRRM's blog title just has to mean something. I was thinking it meant one of the cast is Dutch by nationality, but perhaps its a reference to someplace Dutch. Anybody know any actress named Holland, or Amsterdam or Netherland or some such? :dunno:

I'm going to sound so shallow for this, but is she pretty enough for Sansa?

Also, isn't she still shooting for HP?

Wolf Maid, she was in a photo shoot for EW right before the HP6 movie came out, and she looks really good now. But no, IMHO, she's not pretty enough for Sansa.

Also, I think she's too lank and lean for her.

Maybe Anna Friel? She's partnered with actor David Thewlis, who plays Lupin in "Harry Potter". She was also in the recently cancelled "Pushing Daisies". Born in 1976 so just about the right age to be playing Cersei.

I like the Natalie Dormer guess but at 27, she seems a tad young for Cersei.

Oh GAWD do I dare hope that it is in fact JOSH! choice of fans worldwide? Will sawyer die? And be reincrnated as a Knight in SHINING ARMOR????? Could it be he agreed to the terms because they could/would work with the final season of lost? Ahhhh. I hope/suspect this is so.....

Oh GAWD do I dare hope that it is in fact JOSH! choice of fans worldwide? Will sawyer die? And be reincrnated as a Knight in SHINING ARMOR????? Could it be he agreed to the terms because they could/would work with the final season of lost? Ahhhh. I hope/suspect this is so.....

Yeeeah, no that's not gonna happen... Reality is a tricky state of mind, isn't it. :P

Joss Stone played Dutch princess Anne of Cleves on The Tudors...she's only 22, not sure who she could be playing. Too young for Cersei and looks too old to me for Dany.

She's also not terribly talented (as an actress), way too curvy, and ordinary looking to play Dany. Hhhmmm, unless they dye her hair red and presto, the red witch...Maybe?

Yeah, but Joss Stone is ... most emphatically not Cersei, or any of the younger women. I admit, the dutch thing puzzled me... and certainly, she's not a boney pop singer, but ... no. She was fine as Anne, but it wasn't exactly a massive or particularly difficult role... Hrm.

I think we're grasping at straws. These seem too obscure to me.

Joss Stone played Dutch princess Anne of Cleves on The Tudors...she's only 22, not sure who she could be playing. Too young for Cersei and looks too old to me for Dany.

Good find, Brude. Especially fits the "Dutch Treats" title of the post.

I wonder who she'd play, as well.

Oh well, off to work, and no board access. I'll be :bang: all night thinking.

Wolf Maid, she was in a photo shoot for EW right before the HP6 movie came out, and she looks really good now. But no, IMHO, she's not pretty enough for Sansa.

Also, I think she's too lank and lean for her.

It's eye of the beholder I guess. Might not be the most attractive actress in all Hollywood, but I think she's certainly pretty enough to play Sansa. As I remember, the list of most beautiful women in A Game of Thronesgoes: Dany > Cersei > Sansa > Catelyn

Dutch treat is an expression : when we someone takes you out eg for dinner and everyone pays for himself that is called Dutch treat...Maybe he means that he cant say the names outloud and we will have to find them ourselves (and he wont have to pay for it (to HBO))

Archived