Wheel of Time Book 13 title and cover art revealed

Werthead

Haven't they been doing that "Sell the Prologue" thing for awhile now with WOT books?

If they did I somehow missed it.

I guess it pisses me off that they would release the first chapter for free and then sell the prologue. If nothing else, it should be the other way around.

If they did I somehow missed it.

I guess it pisses me off that they would release the first chapter for free and then sell the prologue. If nothing else, it should be the other way around.

They sold the prologue for Winter's Heart. They also sold the prologue for Crossroads of Twilight, but released the first chapter for free. I wasn't paying attention when Knife of Dreams came out.

Yes, they always do this. Hence the whole "wow Robert Jordan is just milking the series now and drawing it out as long as he can" complaint.

That logic doesn't track at all.

It also doesn't track with most of RJs statements on the subject.

So, basically, that whole "He's dragging the series out for money" thing is bullshit.

Sure, that's why 6 books turned into 15 (and counting). of course Jordan wouldn't admit anything or that sort. He'd have to be extremely stupid to do that.

Yeah, cause no author has EVER underestimated the number of books a series would take.

Nope, never happens.

:rolleyes:

Every author does it for the money - they do have to get paid for their writing, after all.

They are writing to get money, yes. I won't argue with you here.

But I doubt that GRRM is not intersted in his story, he is writing 7 books now, to make the whole thing more complete, and I think that was what Jordan intended to do, too. Unfortunately he died before he could finish his work. A pity.

Yeah, cause no author has EVER underestimated the number of books a series would take.

Nope, never happens.

:rolleyes:

6 books into 14 is a pretty enormous underestimate. Particularly when, with the crap excised, the series could have comfortably been 9 or 10 volumes.

I'm not going to venture into "RJ is a sell out" argument - but it seems obvious that those surrounding him in the latter half of WoT were certainly invested in as many bloated books as possible, give or take ten thousand braid-tugs to the finale.

Archived