Worst book covers

wolverine

Haha, I think we all agree on Heroes Die. But what I immediately thought of when I saw the title was this one.

I'm a huge fan of THE DEMON'S LEXICON, but I agree about the US cover. And yet I love the UK cover - the UK covers for this series have been consistently better. Makes me glad I'm a Brit.

No worst book cover discussion is complete without the romance novel cover that gave its heroine three hands.

I'm a huge fan of THE DEMON'S LEXICON, but I agree about the US cover. And yet I love the UK cover - the UK covers for this series have been consistently better. Makes me glad I'm a Brit.

No worst book cover discussion is complete without the romance novel cover that gave its heroine three hands.

http://squawkradio.blogspot.com/2005/05/on-other-hand-christina-dodd-talks.html

And she sold more books because of the notoriety! It's a collector's dream book hahaha.

Indeed, the UK cover is much better. And, to be fair, they did change the US cover later on. It's only a bit better, though.

@Evil Hat: I'm pretty sure these are Croatian, not Serbian, since the publisher is Algoritam (from Croatia, afaik).

While it's probably not one of the worst covers ever, my copy of Antiphon by Ken Scholes arrived yesterday and it is so much worse than the online pics made me expect.

I bring it up because I think the disparity in cover quality from Lamentation and Canticle to Antiphon is one of greatest intra-series variances that I've ever come across.

I'm not a big fan of McGrath's work in general, but it definitely doesn't feel right for this series.

While it's probably not one of the worst covers ever, my copy of Antiphon by Ken Scholes arrived yesterday and it is so much worse than the online pics made me expect.

I bring it up because I think the disparity in cover quality from Lamentation and Canticle to Antiphon is one of greatest intra-series variances that I've ever come across.

I'm not a big fan of McGrath's work in general, but it definitely doesn't feel right for this series.

I considered buying this yesterday, as I have bought every one of Scholes' books on release, but that cover has put me off it. It was worth it for the other two books, that they looked good was some justification for putting down the money for a hardcover. This one... I think I am going to wait for the paperback. Otherwise, if I buy the hardcover, I am just going to rip off the dust jacket and throw it away and it wouldn't fit in with the other two anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking at some J.V. Jones books, and man, does she have some horrible covers.

The worst is that there are multiple versions of some of the books and they all have terrible covers. (Is the Shrike in one of her books?)

I like fantasy but I tend to lean more towards a Martinesque story where it is closer to a Medieval setting. Don't get me wrong I still love some stories with lots of magic and stuff, but the covers for JV Jones are a bit of a turn off for me.

I think these nice covers for Prince of Nothing win.

Those are hideous.

My first thought was, of course, the US WoT covers, So which WoT book is the worst? CoS?

This cover must be the lowest of the low.

No, actually, that's probably the best cover I've ever seen for any book, ever. I seriously want to read it, just to find out what the fuck is happening here.

That is a weird cover. I read a few of the Lone Wolf books, but I'm not sure if I read that one.

Archived