Sample chapter in ADWD paperback?

Archmaester

• 5 months later...

Any word on the Sample chapter tomorrow?

Saw the paper back ADWD at CVS in MD saturday, i looked and it was a barristan chapter, figured if i saw it someone else on this board would have already posted it, so i didnt read or buy it. Looks like they must have made a mistake putting it out. Shoulda read it.

Saw the paper back ADWD at CVS in MD saturday, i looked and it was a barriston chapter, figured if i saw it someone else on this board would have already posted it, so i didnt read or buy it. Looks like they must have made a mistake putting it out. Shoulda read it.

It was said in another thread somewhere that it was the Barristan chapter already released...

It was said in another thread somewhere that it was the Barristan chapter already released...

He's read it at events but it hasn't been published. I think I prefer that we get a full version of a chapter that's been featured at a reading to a completely new one at this point. We've been exposed to something like six chapters through either the website or the readings. That feels like an adequate preview.

it wasn't released before, only read

big difference

or am I wrong?

however, i will be dissatisfied with already revealed chapter

i really really hope for aeron or sansa

on the other hand, i found those two barristan chapters marvelous and absolutley the best from all teasers, tyrion ones was allarmingly cliched and averagely written

if they decide to go with popular appeal dictated by the tv show, i will find that ....

whatever i don't wanna get banned

it wasn't released before, only read

big difference

or am I wrong?

however, i will be dissatisfied with already revealed chapter

i really really hope for aeron or sansa

on the other hand, i found those two barristan chapters marvelous and absolutley the best from all teasers, tyrion ones was allarmingly cliched and averagely written

if they decide to go with popular appeal dictated by the tv show, i will find that ....

whatever i don't wanna get banned

Yes, Barristan chapters have previously only been read, so we only ever got summary notes. Will be interesting to read the actual chapter to pick up on all the little niggles I want answering :) However I don't intend to buy the paperback:

a) because I have an e-reader. And

b) Why would I buy dance again for the sake of 1 more chapter :p

Damn it Martin, stop spoiling Meereen! It seems like half of the preview chapters we've gotten so far are the beginning of the battle at Meereen. What about Sansa and Arya and Aeron and even Cersei or Jaime or Brienne or Davos? Something else. Something that stands on its own (so one chapter won't overlap 3 others, like Meereen), something we haven't gotten so much of already. Hopefully this is where Meereen previews cease.

Damn it Martin, stop spoiling Meereen! It seems like half of the preview chapters we've gotten so far are the beginning of the battle at Meereen. What about Sansa and Arya and Aeron and even Cersei or Jaime or Brienne or Davos? Something else. Something that stands on its own (so one chapter won't overlap 3 others, like Meereen), something we haven't gotten so much of already. Hopefully this is where Meereen previews cease.

Yeah id even welcome a Brienne chapter...........and i hate Brienne.

Yes, Barristan chapters have previously only been read, so we only ever got summary notes. Will be interesting to read the actual chapter to pick up on all the little niggles I want answering :) However I don't intend to buy the paperback:

a) because I have an e-reader. And

B) Why would I buy dance again for the sake of 1 more chapter :P

Yeah, I have no shame so I'll be at the bookstore reading the preview chapter. Barristan would be cool. Winds of Winter would be better.

My sister works for a book/dvd/cd supplier for retail chain stores and...... I forgot to ask her to pop open a box and check which chapter was in there last week. WTF, after waiting a couple of years, I blow it and completely forget.

Luckily, there is the internet.

My sister works for a book/dvd/cd supplier for retail chain stores and...... I forgot to ask her to pop open a box and check which chapter was in there last week. WTF, after waiting a couple of years, I blow it and completely forget.

Luckily, there is the internet.

Ask her to read the last chapter of TWOW before it comes out. Or not. But still!

Archived