[Book Spoilers] Is SanSan Dead and Buried?

Fragile Bird

I thought that the kiss was very important and was surprised that GRRM left it out. I never saw Sandor as looking at Sansa in a sexual way but in a protective way. On the other hand that kiss was so important because Sansa reflected on it so many times like he could have been her real Jonquil; she should have left with him that night. It showed compassionate side of the Hound especially when her flashbacks parralled the story of The hound traveling with Arya and showing her compassion in his warped Clegane way. I love the series and I know it would be impossible to cover all the details of ASoIaF but I think they could work in at least 2 more episodes per season

I thought that the kiss was very important and was surprised that GRRM left it out. I never saw Sandor as looking at Sansa in a sexual way but in a protective way. On the other hand that kiss was so important because Sansa reflected on it so many times like he could have been her real Jonquil; she should have left with him that night.

For the record, the kissed never actually happened. Sansa invents it in her memory.

I thought that the kiss was very important and was surprised that GRRM left it out. I never saw Sandor as looking at Sansa in a sexual way but in a protective way. On the other hand that kiss was so important because Sansa reflected on it so many times like he could have been her real Jonquil; she should have left with him that night. It showed compassionate side of the Hound especially when her flashbacks parralled the story of The hound traveling with Arya and showing her compassion in his warped Clegane way. I love the series and I know it would be impossible to cover all the details of ASoIaF but I think they could work in at least 2 more episodes per season

He never kissed her. She imagines it later.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but from everything written about it, the scene makes sense with the way the characters have been portrayed so far. It's a shame Sandor's character has been whitewashed, but the show character is still good. I'm looking forward to the Arya/Sandor interactions in seasons 3 and 4.

I shouldn't really comment yet, but in terms of Sandor and Sansa actually having a romantic relationship. Well although the attraction is hinted at and there is a lot of foreshadowing to discuss, realistically it is unlikely to happen, or be short lived and end in horrible agonising death.

I do think they will meet again other wise HBO would have cut their scenes or actually made him more of a threat because scared victim seems to have been Sansa's main role this season. Certainly by the sounds of this episode there might be a protector type thing going on.

At least it sounds like the characters of Sansa and Sandor got a decent amount of character development in this episode, which apart from Robb/Tallisa and Arya's character development, has been my main gripe with this season.

HBO is setting LF up, methinks...

they already had him telling Sansa about Sandor's burns instead of Sandor himself and in the previews, they have him telling her the "Look around you, they are all liars and everyone one of them is better than you" which was.....another Sandor line!!!

SO........they are giving ALL of Sandor's lines to LF!

I hate them for that!!! HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Wow. That's what happens when books are written over a 20 year time span. So I guess I'm just remembering Alaynes romanticized version of the encounter. I need to go back and read books 1-3 for a third time because I'm evidently remembering the story the way I want to. :-o

From what I can see the only thing that would please SanSan fans would be 10 hours of SanSan scenes.

Well, 15 minutes would have been great... But we got a fu***ng total of 5 minutes instead!!! For all of season 2!!! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I don't think that we are complaining too much at all...

Well, 15 minutes would have been great... But we got a fu***ng total of 5 minutes instead!!! For all of season 2!!! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I don't think that we are complaining too much at all...

I agree, Maroucia. :(

And, of course, when Arya and the Hound finally do meet up, all the reviews will be glowing over how 'awesome' Arya's scenes are with the Hound, and how she's so much cooler than her sister cause she 'holds her own' with him or something (a la her scenes with Tyrion). :rolleyes:

Sandor was trying to be....heroic. He wanted to save Sansa....but why?

We don't know the answer to this. He's always shown 'kindness' and 'honesty' with Sansa on the show. Far more than most others have at least.

Sandor acts like that because his character is meant to be somewhat ironic. He hates knights because Gregor is a knight but Sandor embodies many knightly virtues. For instance, he always protects Sansa from beatings and refuses to hit her.

c'mon maroucia.....what didja think of tonight

I didn’t watch the whole episode yet since I don’t have HBO so I have to… hum… download it… in a not so legal way… I won’t say more…(I already said too much... :blushing: )

I have the episode already on my computer though, and went through all of the scenes to get an idea of the subject that we are talking of right now, and I’m highly disappointed about that specific element. The episode, apart from that seems great, but I’ll be able to truly comment about it tomorrow after I’ll watch it with my boyfriend (who is witnessing the intense SanSan Withdrawal that I am living at the moment, and really don’t understand).

I’m disgusted by HBO and the way they decided to completely ignore the way the Sandor and Sansa relationship is supposed to take place… And then, to make things worst, they give one of Sandor’s best line to fu***ng Littlefinger in next week’s episode?? AS**OLES!!!! :bang:

Sorry, that’s how I feel.

Every time I hear someone use the argument that it would have been waaay to awkward to do SanSan the canon way in the show because of Rory’s age (blablabla… BS!!!), I couldn’t agree less. This is the worst reason ever, because, if HBO really felt this would have been too awkward, then why pick Rory to play the Hound and not choose a younger actor in the first place (as the Hound is supposed to be)??? I looove Rory as the Hound, don’t get me wrong, but it was HBO’s choice to cast an older actor, they knew what the story would be, so to me, it’s plain BS!

They had no reason to change this storyline; it’s obviously a lack of interest from the producers that created this unbearable situation, to me of course ( and to a few others, I’m sure).

EDIT: of course, this post is about the whole season and not so much a complaint about this week's episode, as there was no way to fix this mess at this point...

I don't want Sandor and Sansa to be together, but I liked their relationship in the books. I guess D & D thought the pedopheliac overtones of their relationship would make Sandor less likeable to a TV audience. So they've just reduced him to some random scary guy in the background who kind of feels sorry for her.

I liked how much screen time he got in the episode, but I hate the dull monotone he speaks it all in. Book Sandor was bitter. HBO Sandor seems like he could give a crap about anything. I like that he cursed out Joffrey, but I wish he'd done it with more passion. Once again, I blame the directors for this. "Give me less"

A lot of fans like the Hound and Jaime, even if they started off as haters, but some read past their more redeemable acts and think, "Whatev, still totally hate that guy."

If your like that, I don't care, but I'm worried one or both of D & D are in this camp regarding Sandor

Every time I hear someone use the argument that it would have been waaay to awkward to do SanSan the canon way in the show because of Rory’s age (blablabla… BS!!!), I couldn’t agree less. This is the worst reason ever, because, if HBO really felt this would have been too awkward, then why pick Rory to play the Hound and not choose a younger actor in the first place (as the Hound is supposed to be)??? I looove Rory as the Hound, don’t get me wrong, but it was HBO’s choice to cast an older actor, they knew what the story would be, so to me, it’s plain BS!

They had no reason to change this storyline; it’s obviously a lack of interest from the producers that created this unbearable situation, to me of course ( and to a few others, I’m sure).

Awww, Maroucia, I'm sorry if I upset you. :( For what it's worth, I completely agree that it is ridiculous to use casting decisions and age differences as a reason not to show the scene as it was in the books. I was just trying to think of what could *possibly* be the reason for such an egregious error, and that's what I came up with. Even though I dearly wish this were not the case. :thumbsdown:

I'm just as sad and upset as you, especially about giving so many of Sandor's words to Sansa to Littlefinger of ALL PEOPLE. :ack:

A big group hug for you, Maroucia, and any and all upset about this.... :grouphug:

I don't care what anti- 'San/San' folks think......everyone has their opinions, and people nitpick over much sillier things than this..... which, imo is actually a big deal.

Or at least it seems like a rather huge deal at this un-godly hour and no sleep whatsover..... :drunk:

Awww, Maroucia, I'm sorry if I upset you. :( For what it's worth, I completely agree that it is ridiculous to use casting decisions and age differences as a reason not to show the scene as it was in the books. I was just trying to think of what could *possibly* be the reason for such an egregious error, and that's what I came up with. Even though I dearly wish this were not the case. :thumbsdown:

I'm just as sad and upset as you, especially about giving so many of Sandor's words to Sansa to Littlefinger of ALL PEOPLE. :ack:

A big group hug for you, Maroucia, and any and all upset about this.... :grouphug:

I don't care what anti- 'San/San' folks think......everyone has their opinions, and people nitpick over much sillier things than this..... which, imo is actually a big deal.

Or at least it seems like a rather huge deal at this un-godly hour and no sleep whatsover..... :drunk:

Oh, I was not attacking you of course, as I know that you are on my side and just trying to comfort all of us crazy shippers... :crying:

Thanks for the hug!!! :grouphug:

At least I know that I'm not alone in my pain!

Regardless of how Sansa-Sandor relationship will play out in the books (or won't play out at all), you can't say there was no sexual interest from Sandor side. It was not just "father-like protection", or whatnot, it's naive to think that. He commented on her tits and figure, noticed how she almost look like a woman, and in the blackwater scene in the books he DID think about raping her, he even said it himself to Arya later (that he "should have raped her"). That does not mean he didn't wan't to protect her, but still the sexual interest was there.

It is true however that in the tv version this was toned down immensely, that aspect was generally lost. Which could mean that it was not important enought to keep, and that pointing to the conclusion SanSan was only a book2 thing, and will never resurface later. But nothing is certain... not with George anyway. Relationships can play out in so many ways...

Yeah, I don't think SanSan ever existed to the extent (or at fucking all) the shippers imply.

Female son, I am disappoint. For the record, I have not shipped anything since Dumbledore/Dobby, and here is all you need with regards to what is going on with Sansa and Sandor, with actual quotes etc. You know me, and I am no mad, rabid Twilight fan. ;)

Female son, I am disappoint. For the record, I have not shipped anything since Dumbledore/Dobby, and here is all you need with regards to what is going on with Sansa and Sandor, with actual quotes etc. You know me, and I am no mad, rabid Twilight fan. ;)

:bowdown:

:lol:

Archived