Red Wedding 2.0?

SkyBry

Today I've read several different comments on a possible RW 2.0 (at Riverrun)?

Who will marry and who will be making the RW red?

It's been a while since I read the last book.

Now on a re-read (almost finished GoT)

CHEERSSS

Daven Lannister is getting married to a Frey, who do not yet know which Frey. Tom O'Sevens is at Riverrun and spying for the BWB so could open the gates to let them in. Daven's marriage was brought up several time in Feast and it was noted the importance of him marrying soon. The likely places for this to happen are at the Twins or Riverrun rather than somewhere back in the Westerlands. Plus, Emmon Frey, said no man would ever take Riverrun from him. Well, it's a woman that heads up the BWB so those may be some famous last words....

Personally, I'm hoping it happens.

The theory largely centers on Daven Lannister marrying his Frey wife, with many Freys and Lannisters invited. Meanwhile, Tom O'Sevens is the agent on the inside for the Brotherhood Without Banners and Jaime Lannister might even be used to grant entrance to other members of the group.

I think the Daven and some Frey girl will have their wedding in Riverrun which will lead to the Red Wedding part 2. This time it will be ran by the BWB and honestly I think there will be a little help from some of the good Freys, the ones who weren't involved in the 1st wedding and wishing to save their house from destruction by taking over.

I'm reallly hoping this happens. I hate the the Freys for the RW and think it would be justice in some ways for Cat to see the people responsible for Robb and technically her death to be punished. I got the impression the BWB had grown pretty large so they could easily wipe out a room full of Freys and Lannisters.

It's setting up so nicely too. Tom might even be the singer at the wedding and when he starts playing "The Rains of Castamere," well, I'll leave that up to imagination . . .

Since no guest rights are likely to be violated I doubt it will be a second Red Wedding. What there might be is however a massacre during the wedding but it will be a very different scenario even with superficial similarities.

I'm reallly hoping this happens. I hate the the Freys for the RW and think it would be justice in some ways for Cat to see the people responsible for Robb and technically her death to be punished. I got the impression the BWB had grown pretty large so they could easily wipe out a room full of Freys and Lannisters.

That's interesting because I had the impression that the BWB has been shrinking since Stoneheart took over and made his round to hang outlaws.

The conversation between Jaime and Tom O'Sevens outside Riverrun could be a crucial snippet of a clue as to what will happen. Why would GRRM have these two specific characters speak to each other? Perhaps it's because they are soon to be connected through the BWB's attack on Riverrun.

A lot of people speculate that Jaime is being lured to his inevitable death by Brienne, but he may end up being used by UnCat to help carry out a Red Wedding 2. UnCat winning back Riverrun for House Tully could be a nice way to wrap up her tragic story arc, too.

I think the Daven and some Frey girl will have their wedding in Riverrun which will lead to the Red Wedding part 2. This time it will be ran by the BWB and honestly I think there will be a little help from some of the good Freys, the ones who weren't involved in the 1st wedding and wishing to save their house from destruction by taking over.

Good Freys? Sounds like an oxymoron to me. No evidence of this, so far its just those who participated in the RW and those who weren't involved. Doesn't mean they disapprove of it and are willing to kill their own family out of some kind of self-redeemning act (as if kinslaying can achieve that).

Though I wouldn't be surprised if somthing like a slaughter at Riverrun occurs and Jaime being a way to get in, certainly more plausable than Brienne luring Jaime to his death, if THAT happens I will be very disappointed.

It's setting up so nicely too. Tom might even be the singer at the wedding and when he starts playing "The Rains of Castamere," well, I'll leave that up to imagination . . .

My mind is imagining Augey the Archer having a jolly time

Since no guest rights are likely to be violated I doubt it will be a second Red Wedding. What there might be is however a massacre during the wedding but it will be a very different scenario even with superficial similarities.

That's interesting because I had the impression that the BWB has been shrinking since Stoneheart took over and made his round to hang outlaws.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was mentioned that the BWB's ranks had been bolstered, mostly w/smallfolk.

I hope they pick another song instead of Rains of Castamere though. It being a Lannister wedding that song wouldn't provide the 'oh sh*t!' moment it did at the first Red Wedding.

Do the Starks have their own theme song?

Archived