Red Wedding 2.0?

SkyBry

There the song "Wolf in the Night" that might be appropriate for a Red Wedding type scenario.

I don't see another "Red Wedding" per se, but I feel fairly certain that Tom O'Sevens is going to open some back door into Riverrun and let UnCat and the BWB into the castle to do some serious mischief making. At least I hope so.

Alternatively the BWB could use Jaime to get in, perhaps pretending to be his guard or something, although that seems much more dangerous than sneaking in by night.

Roslin Frey is a good frey.

Humph. :angry2:

ETA: "wolfapalooza" I like that -- although there is in fact a REAl Wolfapalooza festival -- or there has been.

My alternative Dethfest of the Freys has the newly returned Arya -- who is now a mini-ninja assassin -- becoming the Ghost of the Twins and opening a backdoor at the Twins to let the wolves in. Nymeria needs to avenge her brother, just like Arya does.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one.

This is very true.

I agree, Genna is nothing but opportunistic and uncaring for human life Lannister. Death, I say!

Yes! A few witty statements does not earn sympathy from me. And a threat against Edmure can never go unpunished.

Dn, most likely a it could be a "green" wedding :P poison? "Poison is a womans weapon".

No, I want the red to run....

Good point. I can't name every Frey who had a part in the RW (maybe someone can) but I really hope Walder shows up to get his.

Old Walder has to be the last Frey, or at least the last legimtimate male. Sitting all alone in his castle, knowing that he destroyed his house, and waiting for someone to come and kill him. The Rat Cook foreshadows this.

And then he gets eaten by a pack of wolfs.

Old Walder has to be the last Frey, or at least the last legimtimate male. Sitting all alone in his castle, knowing that he destroyed his house, and waiting for someone to come and kill him. The Rat Cook foreshadows this.

And then he gets eaten by a pack of wolfs.

Ah, the Rat Cook winds up eating his own children. LOL, I don't know if I can take any more people-pies.

For some reason, I can't hate her for that moment. Her husband kept having Edmure dragged out and put in a the noose and never going through with it. The empty threats were making both her and her husband look weak in front of their forces. Plus, if she wants her family to be safe then killing the "traitor" makes sense.

She doesn't know everything we know, so I can't hate her.

Emmon didn't threaten to hang Edmure everyday, Ryman Frey did that.

Don't be too hard on Genna, unlike Tywin she has retained much of her humanity. She would pinch Jaime's ear when greeting him even when he was an adult, and she comforted a young Cersei when she was scared of going to King's Landing. she also recognized Tyrion's potential, having the courage to say that Tyrion was truly Tywin's son to Tywin's face. She also said she didn't like the person Tywin became, and didn't approve of all he did.

I'm sorry if I'm not caught up with everyone else, but I need some clearing up ... okay, so at the first Red Wedding, Robb and Catelyn were ambushed and killed. Edmure lived, but is he now the Freys' hostage? Technically, is he still married to Roslin?

Technically it's Roslin Tully now and their child is the Tully heir...if the Tully's can regain Riverrun and the fealty of the riverlords then the child id the heir to the riverlands kingdom. Edmure is on his way to Casterly Rock as a prisoner and probs won't be doing much for a while unless Jaime helps him out

It won't be a RW 2.0, mayhaps Black wedding, or Blue , but not Red!!!

I put a couple things together, and have a group theory's.

1) the Blackfish didn't leave RR, he is in a hidden room, and he will do something that disrupts the wedding events.

2) Wolfs will get some Freys on the way down. mayhaps s'mores on the way back up.

3) BwB will get a few Freys.

I think that we will have a few dead frey's here, a few there, a few in pie, a few in a fire, here a dead frey, there a dead frey, everwhere a dead frey. But what it won't be is a great big Frey family mass death party. it can't be, won't be.

Even thought someone stole it from me, I think that Late Lord Frey will be dying in his bed asking for his heir, and sons, and 1 of the girls will say "My Lord, you have no sons left"

I also think that at least Fat Walda and Roslin will live and keep house Bolton, and Tully going.

Old Lord Walder had some heirs, ee ay ee ay oh

Of those heirs he had some cravens, ee ay ee ay oh

With a chop chop here and a stab stab there.....

It won't be a RW 2.0, mayhaps Black wedding, or Blue , but not Red!!!

I put a couple things together, and have a group theory's.

1) the Blackfish didn't leave RR, he is in a hidden room, and he will do something that disrupts the wedding events.

2) Wolfs will get some Freys on the way down. mayhaps s'mores on the way back up.

3) BwB will get a few Freys.

I think that we will have a few dead frey's here, a few there, a few in pie, a few in a fire, here a dead frey, there a dead frey, everwhere a dead frey. But what it won't be is a great big Frey family mass death party. it can't be, won't be.

Even thought someone stole it from me, I think that Late Lord Frey will be dying in his bed asking for his heir, and sons, and 1 of the girls will say "My Lord, you have no sons left"

I also think that at least Fat Walda and Roslin will live and keep house Bolton, and Tully going.

Good Freys? Sounds like an oxymoron to me. No evidence of this, so far its just those who participated in the RW and those who weren't involved. Doesn't mean they disapprove of it and are willing to kill their own family out of some kind of self-redeemning act (as if kinslaying can achieve that).

Though I wouldn't be surprised if somthing like a slaughter at Riverrun occurs and Jaime being a way to get in, certainly more plausable than Brienne luring Jaime to his death, if THAT happens I will be very disappointed.

No, there were actually several who were completely against the RW and had to be removed so they wouldn't interfere. There are also ones who are more honorable and likely wouldn't have anyhting to do with it. There are a few good ones.

Honestly I'm not sure the RW 2.0 will happen with so many Lannister troops there, I just don't know that the BWB has enough men for that. I do however think that after the Wedding they will take Riverrun.

The twins willl eventually be taken by the Manderlys and I believe they will get the help from some of the good ones like Ser Perwyn and Olyvar and that one of those will be the new Lord of the Twins.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was mentioned that the BWB's ranks had been bolstered, mostly w/smallfolk.

I don't remember anything of the sort but if I would make a guess it would be while Dondarrion still was the leader. Do you remember roughly in which book it was mentioned or the scene?

I really hope so. It would be sad if either one of them, yes even Tully, would become extinct.

Daven Lannister is getting married to a Frey, who do not yet know which Frey. Tom O'Sevens is at Riverrun and spying for the BWB so could open the gates to let them in. Daven's marriage was brought up several time in Feast and it was noted the importance of him marrying soon. The likely places for this to happen are at the Twins or Riverrun rather than somewhere back in the Westerlands. Plus, Emmon Frey, said no man would ever take Riverrun from him. Well, it's a woman that heads up the BWB so those may be some famous last words....

Personally, I'm hoping it happens.

me too. Great post. I think unCat dying for real at red wedding 2.0 after she sees everyone die would fit in nicely. full circle, she became a true monster at one wedding, and saw her mission finished at another.

Dn, most likely a it could be a "green" wedding :P poison? "Poison is a womans weapon".

:agree:

Plus, Emmon Frey has retained all the servants at Riverrun that have served the Tullys all their lives, so they might ally with UnCat.

Although, I am worried about Genna Lannister, she is my favorite Lannister with a good sense of humor, smart and I love seeing her boss her husband around. When Cersei tells Robert "What a jape the gods have made of us two. By all rights, you ought to be in skirts and me in mail." She ought to have gotten that from Genna.

I really love the idea of poisoning. It not only is a woman's weapon but evens the numerical advantage. Having the Riverun staff still at the castle also helps make it work. Finally, poisoning really plays to the breaking of guest right that the Frey's were guilty of...maybe they will poison the salt.

Genna is Tywin with a sense of humor.

For some reason, I can't hate her for that moment. Her husband kept having Edmure dragged out and put in a the noose and never going through with it. The empty threats were making both her and her husband look weak in front of their forces. Plus, if she wants her family to be safe then killing the "traitor" makes sense.

She doesn't know everything we know, so I can't hate her.

I believe it was Ryman Frey who kept threatening to hang Edmure. Emmon Frey was the one who kept showing everyone his piece of paper and warning them not to damage his castle.

I dont see Old Walder attending anything at Riverrun. He cant even walk let alone ride. Likely he will be brooding in his hall when word of payback shows up by Raven.

I don't remember anything of the sort but if I would make a guess it would be while Dondarrion still was the leader. Do you remember roughly in which book it was mentioned or the scene?

when arya meets up with them in ASOS. p.463 paperback. "six score of us set out to bring the king's justice to your brother" "more than eighty of our company are dead now, but others have taken up the swords that fell from their hands" arya talks about how none of the people look like knights, and clegane says that Beric is the only one. so i imagine over the next 2 books more common people joined them, its not like they have an infinite number of knights to help out, so its commoners.

Archived