Red Wedding 2.0?

SkyBry

I don't think there's gonna be a RW 2.0. I think there's not enough men in BwB for this, as supposedly many left after Beric Dondarrion's death (like Edric Dayne). Even if there's enough men getting them into the castle will be hard and there will be a lot of deaths in the brotherhood. Though there might be a failed attempt of RW 2.0. I see Tom of Seven there as a spy to get the Blackfish and Jeyne Westerling to brotherhood's hideout.

Yeah, there's 3 of them, not much to speak of. I think it'd be cool if they started playing The Rains of Castamere and then someone big like Lem barred the door and Lady Stoneheart revealed herself (assuming of course she'd be there) before everyone began killing Freys.

I certainly do not think that being somehow Frey makes a character deserve death automatically, even Freys may be human beings and some of them never took part in the Red Wedding.

This may appear as nice satifying catharsis for us readers but a second RW would be as much a crime as the first one. But since Martin has a tendency to repeat events under a different aspect, tragedy => farce, this may well happen and it might be a turning point for some characters towards more evil greyness, e.g. Brienne :( .

The theory largely centers on Daven Lannister marrying his Frey wife, with many Freys and Lannisters invited. Meanwhile, Tom O'Sevens is the agent on the inside for the Brotherhood Without Banners and Jaime Lannister might even be used to grant entrance to other members of the group.

Perhaps why Stoneheart sent Brienne to get Jaime....nice!

I could be wrong, but I thought it was mentioned that the BWB's ranks had been bolstered, mostly w/smallfolk.

It has grown in size but there are two factions of the BWB, according to appendix anyways. I am guessing one of those does not strongly support LS.

I don't think there's gonna be a RW 2.0. I think there's not enough men in BwB for this, as supposedly many left after Beric Dondarrion's death (like Edric Dayne). Even if there's enough men getting them into the castle will be hard and there will be a lot of deaths in the brotherhood. Though there might be a failed attempt of RW 2.0. I see Tom of Seven there as a spy to get the Blackfish and Jeyne Westerling to brotherhood's hideout.

They don't need a huge force of BWB to do it. The first wedding had an army of Northmen that they massacred. Riverrun only has a few hundred men. Catch them unawares at a wedding and the BWB would be able to do significant damage.

I think of her as more of a gray character. She did nothing to warn all the innocents that they were about to be slaughtered.

Indeed. All the Freys that they thought might try to help or warn Robb or the Northmen in any way were sent away. She did know, as shown by how much she was crying. Edmure thought it was wedding night jitters.

It's setting up so nicely too. Tom might even be the singer at the wedding and when he starts playing "The Rains of Castamere," well, I'll leave that up to imagination . . .

Perhaps "Wolf in the Night" by Rymund the Rhymer. Catelyn hears of this in Clash upon her return to Riverrun with Brienne, the tale of Robb's victory at Oxcross.

It has grown in size but there are two factions of the BWB, according to appendix anyways. I am guessing one of those does not strongly support LS.

They don't need a huge force of BWB to do it. The first wedding had an army of Northmen that they massacred. Riverrun only has a few hundred men. Catch them unawares at a wedding and the BWB would be able to do significant damage.

Indeed. All the Freys that they thought might try to help or warn Robb or the Northmen in any way were sent away. She did know, as shown by how much she was crying. Edmure thought it was wedding night jitters.

I'll have to look at my books to see that, I must've missed that, thanks. I still think they'll have enough to do considerable damage and send a message.

There are good freys. The ones who disagree with the Red Wedding were sent away in a fashion that they couldn't warn Robb, such as Ser Perwyn and Ser Olivar.

Roslin Frey is a good frey.

I believe they are all Rosby's. The only way I will condone a Frey to live is if they take their mother's maiden names.

As of Brienne's last scene in A Feast for Crows, Caitlyn didn't send Brienne to get anything but Jaime's head, I don't think. She was asked to agree to kill him, not to fetch him. Whether the plan changed after she was cut down is another question. I don't think Brienne is going to kill him, but I have described elsewhere why I find it very unlikely that she or Jaime would participate in enabling a massacre at Riverrun.

Well, if u want the heroic/crackpot approach, remember that Martin has Nymeria and her huge pack of wolves hanging around Riverrun but doing absolutely nothing to justify it. Especially since Arya dreams of running with that pack and might be a tad angry with the Freys, a crazy person might see Red Wedding 2.0 actually be wolf-a-paloussa.

Perhaps "Wolf in the Night" by Rymund the Rhymer. Catelyn hears of this in Clash upon her return to Riverrun with Brienne, the tale of Robb's victory at Oxcross.

:agree:

Plus, Emmon Frey has retained all the servants at Riverrun that have served the Tullys all their lives, so they might ally with UnCat.

Although, I am worried about Genna Lannister, she is my favorite Lannister with a good sense of humor, smart and I love seeing her boss her husband around. When Cersei tells Robert "What a jape the gods have made of us two. By all rights, you ought to be in skirts and me in mail." She ought to have gotten that from Genna.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one.

For some reason, I can't hate her for that moment. Her husband kept having Edmure dragged out and put in a the noose and never going through with it. The empty threats were making both her and her husband look weak in front of their forces. Plus, if she wants her family to be safe then killing the "traitor" makes sense.

She doesn't know everything we know, so I can't hate her.

Archived