Red Wedding 2.0?

SkyBry

You guys find it interesting that the show changed Jingelbell to Walder's wife. He is now widowed and will have to find another wife, meaning a wedding will take place...

Yes, I saw it mentioned that the "I'll find another" from Walder is a set up for the show version of the RW 2.0.

I've got to say, that would be a change I would enjoy. Although, he needs to have a Lannister bride, the Lannisters and Freys need to be in attendance.

• 4 weeks later...

I can imagine some mischief and poison involved. ''A woman's weapon''

Imagine, people start dropping down dead, or clutching at their throats. And then we get Tom O singing a merry song, and the BWB + the Wolves to rush in.

It's horrible...but my god, if done right, this will be just as good as the Red Wedding, and that was some fucking fantastic reading.

I was thinking Lady Stoneheart could make her entrance a la Maleficent while reading this thread and then I see your avatar photo. Haha, how coincidental! :drunk:

It won't be a second Red Wedding, they'll free Edmure, then after the wedding, after the Lannisters have sent their men to Cersei (She's paranoid about Tommen, if she's found innocent, she'll want as much protection as possible) Then they'll take out the Freys. It won't be ANOTHER wedding, GRRM is too subtle for that. Hell, he might have Jaime go into a suicide run with some agents and kills as many Freys as possible, but they don't have the numbers to charge into a castle.

I agree that the BWB don't have the numbers to do a RW 2.0. If they tried to it would amount to nothing more than a suicide mission. As it is there are simply too many men, what with all the Lannister men and Freys around. The BWB would need a lot of the Riverland lords to help, and I don't see them getting it, unless they free Edmure first.

I can't imagine it'll happen and if they try it, something will go terribly wrong.

However, i do think Walder Frey will get his own "Rains of Castamere" moment, preferably with wolves howling instead of a song.

daven will die because removing him as warden of the west will help destroy cersei's rule even more, if tom o sevens doesnt do it than varys will...also someone mentioned on here that there wont be a rw 2.0 because it would break guest right. Have you been paying attention to uncat...she doesnt care about guest right she will kill them all

It is unfortunate since I don't think Daven is an inherent bad guy but the Gods are going full extermination mode on any family involved in the Red Wedding. We'll see whether it's a break of guest right situation, my thinking is that they would not, but then these are the guys that were hanging and 11 year old boy, so maybe.

Not sure about anything like RW2, but the Lannisters don't look like they can keep helping the Freys indefinitely, the Tyrells don't look like they care to or can even afford to, and the North should be getting rid of the Boltons and getting back on its feet soon, And the Vale's fresh and unbloodied with both the lords wanting to help the Starks and LF probably wanting to put the Freys under the heel as LP. And Blackfish won't just live out a quiet retirement as the last Tully who is not a petty bannerman of CR. Not to mention that Walder Frey won't live forever, and the Twins could even theoretically get inherited by a Stark-sympathetic Frey. So something's gonna happen, I just don't know what.

• 1 month later...

I think we will get our revenge on Freys an Lannister are in big trouble but I don't see another wedding masacre as much as I want RW2 .0 but if it happens God forbid it's not the Freys

I'm calling it. RW 2.0 shall be the maroon wedding (red + purple). Sansa and/or LF will poison all the freys, while Arya goes around sticking them with the pointy end.

A hooded man with the top of the hood resembling the head of a wolf bursts down the doors leading into the great hall where the frey or lannister wedding is occurring. He is riding on top of an absurdly large wolf and is followed by hundreds of wolves and an army marching behind him. A cold wind blows in snow from the blizzard storming outside as our wolf-army enters. Working with a number of different groups and individuals (including Arya and Sansa Stark), the hooded wolfman was able to coordinate the annihilation of the soldiers outside the castle without any word of his or his armies presence reaching the wedding attendees.

Its payback time. But they're here to explain their demands and execute only a few. Not murder innocents

one of the major themes of ASOIAF is the cost and value of revenge. have people learned nothing about GRRM's style? If a RW 2.0 were to occur, it's not going to be some 'hurrah' moment for Cat and the BWB with Arya and Sansa turning up to join in on the fun, it's probably going to go wrong in some fashion and take a dark turn that affects characters we care about in unchangeable ways. GRRM wants us to question the nature of revenge, of justice, of concepts of good & evil and of typical fantasy tropes in general.

• 1 month later...

Not sure about anything like RW2, but the Lannisters don't look like they can keep helping the Freys indefinitely, the Tyrells don't look like they care to or can even afford to, and the North should be getting rid of the Boltons and getting back on its feet soon, And the Vale's fresh and unbloodied with both the lords wanting to help the Starks and LF probably wanting to put the Freys under the heel as LP. And Blackfish won't just live out a quiet retirement as the last Tully who is not a petty bannerman of CR. Not to mention that Walder Frey won't live forever, and the Twins could even theoretically get inherited by a Stark-sympathetic Frey. So something's gonna happen, I just don't know what.

The one in line is Ryman Frey, who was supposed to be idiot if i remember. Stevron might have been good, but Ryman's son is said to be even worse than him.

In a choice between a Frey or anybody else, the Frey always loses.

Also, people need to stop with this conception of Catelyn as a monster. If anybody bothered to read the last Brienne chapter in A Feast for Crows, they would notice that Catelyn retains all of her memories, has no trouble recalling who is responsible for the Red Wedding, is actively trying to find Arya, remains intelligent enough to conduct a very successful guerilla campaign against foes that vastly outnumber, and so on. Honestly, had Catelyn escaped the Red Wedding instead of being killed, how would she be so different, physical appearance and limitations aside?

She tried to hang Podrick for no good reason. Can you imagine Catelyn Tully even thinking of killing a child to blackmail Brienne. I think not.

Archived