MAFIA 97: Mystery Hall of Fame: Day Six

House Targaryen

Here's the entire interaction that lead to the Ashton mob, quoted:

Reads fake.

Join me!

P.s. that last ashford post does look fake. I'd probably prefer that than blount now.

Yeah - throw Ashford on the list too. I would love to have the room to myself.

Ashford

Here's the dramatized version:

Vance: Sounds fake

Osgrey: Does too

Dondarrion: Shall we?

Osgrey: Ashton mob!

All the actual arguments come after. It's pretty ridiculous, not to say absolutely random and impulsive.

I JUST NOTICED( Re-realised) SWANN IS MY ROOM MATE. IT IS FITTING I WOULD SLEEP WITH SCUM. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID LOVE WILL KILL ME. ENJOY MY LAST EMBRACE TONIGHT MY LOVE. FOR TOMORROW I MAY HAVE TO BREAK MORE THAN YOUR HEART. I KNOW YOU CANNOT KILL ME, FOR YOU MAY BE EVIL BUT OUR LOVE IS PURE.

Here's the entire interaction that lead to the Ashton mob, quoted:

Here's the dramatized version:

Vance: Sounds fake

Osgrey: Does too

Dondarrion: Shall we?

Osgrey: Ashton mob!

All the actual arguments come after. It's pretty ridiculous, not to say absolutely random and impulsive.

Well when you put it like that it looks kind of awesome. Are you rejecting the wagon on principle though? Dondarrion at least provided some fairly valid reasons. Do you disagree with his conclusions?

I think Blount getting on the wagon is horrific.

hm. The motivation for scum is to save himself, I guess? (I think Estermont was far more likely than Blount to the point I'd be sure I'd not be lynched as Blount? But it's possible he'd not think the same/panic slightly and make a shitty vote for another wagon? Meh, that's not entirely convincing to me, I think as a scum motivated vote)

Dondarrion at least provided some fairly valid reasons. Do you disagree with his conclusions?

That Ashton looks bad? No, but anyone could make that case. That he looks any worse than Estermont looked? Yeah.

Grandison why room 3?

To clear or condemn Dayne? (to the point that the BAD clears or condemns anyone, I guess...)

I think he's one of the players (if not the player) whose faction would give us the most information right now. The BAD will take his own counsel, I guess.

He had no interactions with Ashford before coming up with a *reason* to speed lynch him, quoting a "particulary interesting" post from four ours back.

Also runs around sugeesting to "happily lynch" this or that.

I hope we having Blount lynch today. Swann is a distant second option to me in preferences.

To clear or condemn Dayne? (to the point that the BAD clears or condemns anyone, I guess...)

I think he's one of the players (if not the player) whose faction would give us the most information right now. The BAD will take his own counsel, I guess.

But like, you don't even seem to suspect him? + I think if he's scum he might be trying to draw an investigation with lol so random play. It's why I was against anyone investigatiing Kettleblack/Stackspear yesterday too. But I mean that got ignored too, so I guess w/e

What information would we get from learning Dayne had no weapons though? More than say, Blount or Ashford or Swann?

But like, you don't even seem to suspect him? + I think if he's scum he might be trying to draw an investigation with lol so random play. It's why I was against anyone investigatiing Kettleblack/Stackspear yesterday too. But I mean that got ignored too, so I guess w/e

I don't know about that. His behaviour was pretty similar all through day one and he was sharing a room with Westerling. I don't suspect Dayne that much, but if he turned out to be guilty that would make my opinion of other players change quite a bit, and if there were no weapons in his room their reaction would also be interesting. He's kind of been in the middle of things all game.

What information would we get from learning Dayne had no weapons though? More than say, Blount or Ashford or Swann?

That he's likely innocent? I think he's a more important piece of the puzzle than the other players you mention. I never investigate likely lynch targets when I'm a finder. I think info on Vance, Celtigar or Dayne is more valuable than on Ashford or Swann. The fact that it's a mutable and unreliable finder might change the dinamics, I guess, and we probably aren't taking into account stuff like what would Mallister being evil say about Stackspear and Kettleblack, for instance, but... well, we just aren't.

I think Blount getting on the wagon is horrific.

Yeah, but you think everything I do is horrific, so...

He had no interactions with Ashford before coming up with a *reason* to speed lynch him, quoting a "particulary interesting" post from four ours back.

Also runs around sugeesting to "happily lynch" this or that.

I hope we having Blount lynch today. Swann is a distant second option to me in preferences.

Ashford was in the list of people I was willing to lynch, but I wanted to make sure I could see him as scum, not just a townie that had slipped under my infallible suspect pool splitting technique. Then I found it. Not only did he retract his vote on Thorne for a pretty poor reason, it was also his first mention of Estermont, after Ester had been a rising tide for a while at the start of D2.

Why do you make a big deal that I was quoting interesting posts from earlier, isn't that kind of how the whole game works?

I said I would happily lynch Mallister - I would have. Mallister has been on my radar for a while and I've said as much in thread. Ashford was the only other person who I responded about the same way, IIRC, so saying I run around suggesting I'll happily lynch anyone willy-nilly is a bit of a misnomer.

but I wanted to make sure I could see him as scum, not just a townie that had slipped under my infallible suspect pool splitting technique. Then I found it.

You are slipping hard with your phrasings.

Why do you make a big deal that I was quoting interesting posts from earlier, isn't that kind of how the whole game works?.

See above. You are looking for things to point at, not for scum. Because you yourself are scum. The phrase looked *particulary interesting* suddenly? Just in time, I think.

IIRC, so saying I run around suggesting I'll happily lynch anyone willy-nilly is a bit of a misnomer.

A bit? Maybe I bit (not sure), but definetely not "a lot".

You are slipping hard with your phrasings.

See above. You are looking for things to point at, not for scum. Because you yourself are scum. The phrase looked *particulary interesting* suddenly? Just in time, I think.

So what word should I have said to irrefutably prove my innocence there?

After a long night of tossing and turning and bad dreams where Sherlock Holmes uses a Ouija board to kill you, you stumble down the stairs to breakfast and the morning mystery.

A quick look around and you notice several people missing. A count of heads shows that there are only 13 people present. Dondarrion and Osgrey are missing. You run back upstairs and search their rooms. You find Donarrion in his bed. At first you think he's asleep, but when you turn him over you see he had been shot and is definitely dead.

In Osgrey's room, you find nothing. He is missing!

You go back downstairs and search, but no luck.

Lany Targaryen, wiping away tears addresses you. " I have the answer to yesterday's mystery. 1. The watch could not have been broken during a fight. It was clear that there was not a fight because Lannister was stabbed in the back through his chair. So, the time was a setup.

2. The mess and the coffee was a setup, because there was no fight and it would be a little difficult for Joseph to enter and put on some gloves to fight with a cup of coffee in his hands

3. The last proof is that the cup of coffee only had one type of fingerprints. If Poole touched the cup (which she says she did), there should be some fingerprints of hers on it, unless she was wearing some gloves.

you needed 1 & 3 to qualify.

The mystery for today is as follows:

Tarth, the security guard, drew his gun, took a deep breath, and headed down a shadowy corridor full of plastic cobwebs, fake blood, and recorded screams. It was Tarth's worst nightmare, a real-life killer on the loose in Reed's Haunted House. At least one person was dead, and behind any one of these doors might lie another victim -or worse, the killer - waiting for another victim.

Someone somewhere turned off the sound system and switched on the emergency lights. Tarth tried the door on the left. Locked. Then the one on the right. Unlocked. He pushed it open two inches, and then it hit something, something that moaned. Tarth looked down and saw more blood. Real blood.

An hour later and the police had pieced together the basics. A total of two attacks and one murder. Arryn, a 22-year-old employee, had been killed by an ax. Definitely not one of the prop axes, but a real weapon. Mormont had been luckier. She, too, was bleeding from an ax attack. But when Tarth found her, barely conscious behind the door, she was still alive.

"It could've been worse," Sergeant Stark told his captain. "There were just a few employees in the haunted house. The attacker wasn't seen coming into the building, or leaving, for that matter. But he was seen." Greeley checked his notepad. "Medium height, in a ghost costume and a full-head rubber mask. We found the costume, the mask, and the ax not far from the second attack scene. The lab matched the blood samples. Arryn's blood and Mormonts's blood."

"Attacker not seen entering or leaving." The captain had a way of honing in on the essentials. "That's strange, given the limited access in that kind of attraction."

"Yes, sir. I'll interview the second victim, then talk to the others."

Mormont sat up in her hospital bed and spoke with effort. "We were just opening up. Arryn and Hull and Manderly were changing into their costumes. Dad was there, too. I turned on the sound system and the mood lights. I was checking the halls for garbage when I heard Manderly shouting--something about a crazy person with an ax. A few seconds later, this thing came around the corner. I knew right away.

"I don't know why I ran into the dungeon room. There's no other exit. This maniac pushed open the door and started swinging. I fell to the floor, then I must've passed out. I guess he thought I was dead, 'cause the next thing I know, the security guard was waking me up. Was anyone else hurt?"

Mormont hadn't yet been told about her boyfriend's death.

Hull seemed more concerned about Mormont than about the death of his best friend. "She's going to be all right," Stark assured him. "Just some cuts and bruises. You saw the attack on Arryn?"

"Part of it," said Hull. "I was changing into my ghoul costume when I heard something. I went into the next room and there was Arryn, fighting off this guy in one of our ghost costumes and an old mask. The guy was swinging this ax, and Arryn was trying to grab the ax and swing back. I tried to jump in, but the guy got in one last swing, then ran off down the hall. I shouted out a warning to the others, then went to help Arryn. He was bleeding so much."

Mallister, like the others, was in her early 20s: short blonde hair, an athletic build and slightly taller than average. "I was in the locker room downstairs, changing into my witch's uniform. I guess I heard some screaming, but I thought it was the tape. I didn't realize anything was wrong until I came upstairs."

Sergeant Stark nodded, then changed subjects. "I hear Mormont and Arryn were engaged."

"Engaged? She wishes." Miallister's laugh died in her throat. "I shouldn't be mean. Arryn and I were together for years, ever since middle school. Things were getting a little stale and too serious, all at the same time. Arryn said we should see other people for a while, just to get it out of our systems. That's all Moromont was, a little experiment. He told her that. He was coming back to me."

This was the third different story Stark had heard. According to Mormont, they were happy, and Arryn had already proposed. According to Hull, Mormont cried on his shoulder all the time. She was sick of Arryn and ready to leave. And now Mallister's variation on the old, familiar theme.

The sergeant caught up with Mormont's father at Reed's Haunted House. A curious throng stood by the police barricades in front of the boardwalk attraction. "Thank God Mormont's okay." Then he chuckled. "I can't figure out if this will be good for business or bad."

"Are you the sole owner?" Stark asked.

"Mormont and I," said the sad-eyed, middle-aged man. "Mormont has an inheritance from her grandparents. I'm the trustee until she turns 30 or gets married. A chunk of her money went into Reed's Haunted House. It's a good investment for her."

"Did you see or hear anything this morning? Anything at all?"

Reed shook his head. "Tarth and the kids were all there when I unlocked the doors. I locked up behind them, then went upstairs to the office. They often joked about a real killer getting loose in the haunted house."

"I'm not surprised."

"That ghost costume came from a storage closet. And the ax..."

"Was the stairwell fire ax."

Reed sighed. "It doesn't look like an outsider, does it?"

Sergeant Stark agreed. It was an inside job, all right. And he had a good idea which insider it was.

Who did he suspect and why?"

It is day 3!

Archived