A Compendium of Theories

Full-Faced Braavosi

Any chance Penny is Tyrion and Tysha's daughter? I know the dwarf thing isn't necessarily hereditary, but still.

Joffrey's body, was poisoned. And thus, still intact for the most part (with the exception of the decompository properties).

Chances on a blue-eyed, pale skinned king return?

Are you going to post these 'theories' as a thread? If not, you are on the wrong thread! This is a place for storing existing theories, NOT starting new ones!

Are you going to post these 'theories' as a thread? If not, you are on the wrong thread! This is a place for storing existing theories, NOT starting new ones!

lmao relax, it wasnt serious, im fully aware of that.

no no, that's not right at all. this thread is specifically for serious theories, not made up ones.

What the fuck's a theory, man? :)

lmao relax, it wasnt serious, im fully aware of that.

no no, that's not right at all. this thread is specifically for serious theories, not made up ones.

What the fuck's a theory, man? :)

You missed the point. This thread serves to the newbies (and everyone else) for the encyclopedic list of this board's theories and analyses. We all post links to the theories, so people would be acquainted with them and then, they can decide whether they are good or bad. This thread is not about posting the theories and questioning them. For that, open a thread and find what people think about it. That is what was said to you, not whether the theory is bad or good. For this thread serves to point to already existing theories (and new ones, yes, just open the thread and link it here), not debating the new ones.

You missed the point. This thread serves to the newbies (and everyone else) for the encyclopedic list of this board's theories and analyses. We all post links to the theories, so people would be acquainted with them and then, they can decide whether they are good or bad. This thread is not about posting the theories and questioning them. For that, open a thread and find what people think about it. That is what was said to you, not whether the theory is bad or good. For this thread serves to point to already existing theories (and new ones, yes, just open the thread and link it here), not debating the new ones.

Thank you. you explained that better than I've been doing.

And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Key takeaways 1) "the" valonqar, not "your" valonqar, so it could be any little brother. 2) "his hands" so it can't be Jaime who only has one hand. My money is on Sandor, assuming he is still alive as the gravedigger.

Going to put my theory here so i can find it back.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/108757-moonsinging-and-lunar-manipulation/

moongsinging and lunar manipulation:

There is a freakishly large moon observed by Tyrion over Valyria. Those who brought doom upon valyria might very well have been a religious group called "the moongsingers". It cannot be a coincidince. ;)

And it might not be just some moon, but the theory is that the moonsingers have sung a moon above Valyria, which has certain effects. For ex. moons excert influence on the sea and the closer it gets the more it does so, which might give reason to the unexplained behaviour of sea's around Valyria. If a moon had been sung closer, it would hav raised the seas higher, for one. Maybe if it can attract fluids like water, it can pull up lave/magma aswell, or create havoc on a seismig volcanic area if only close enough to excert enoguh attraction. Afcourse the moon might fall on the planet one might think, and all this reeks of trying to explain things scientificly, but actually this is magic, it can be kept there because the moonsingers sung it there, and this might be in part because the moon might actually be a diety.

I know i'm just sprouting my ideas now and very well going into the crackpot terrain. But i have the impression that the astral objects are diety's. That moonsingers might look upon a moon as a diety might not even be that farfetched. the severn is based on stars aswell. For what regards r"hllor and the great other, they seem to have aspects which i could most easily associate with stellar objects like the sun in the case of r"hllor and a darkened moon in the case of the great other. i therefore might attribute the seasons and other things to some sort of cosmic play, but it's less a matter of science than the objects around the planet being gods locked in a fight for the future of the planet, or atleast being called upon,

there is more "cosmic play" in the serie's, and reference's to stellar objects, with a mystery surrounding for ex. the red comet byt some iirc in part being attributed as being some sort of message of the gods. Reference's to the moon in the creation of lightbringer and the dragons too for ex.

I since further developed the above theory and i came to the "scientific conlcusion" that Planetos has atleast 2 moons.

That is, in one of her wolfdreams Arya hunts under the moonlight in Westeros, but the same day she is interrogated in Braavos by the kindly man who aways does this on the new moon, when there is no moonlight.

So it seems "the moon" is in a different phase over Braavos than it is over Westeros, but this cannot be, the moon tends to be observed everywhere the same in the same phase, atleast on the same day.

So it seems to me GRRM has included very sneaky hints to the effect of there existing atleast 2 moons around Planetos. Further details can be found from page 4 of the same thread linked above. Ill put a link to the spcific page here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/108757-moonsinging-and-lunar-manipulation/page-4

Edit: And since i have made some further progress still and created another thread that is moon related, i decided i'd best link it here aswell.

This is about strange observations of a "horned moon", also known as a cheshire mon or a wet moon in our world. It's a crescent moon that sits on it's back, typicly something that can be observed on earth near the tropics/equator. the problem is, that practicly all observations of horned moons are made further up north, one observation made by Bran's Direwolf beyond the wall. I'm not sure yet what to conclude from it, just that it's rather strange, link to that thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/109101-the-hornedcheshire-moon-and-questions-relating/

Archived