Euron Greyjoy

gande51

Hannibal being cancelled so that Mads can be Euron is 100% not worth it but now that the milk is done spilled it would be a nice consolation prize.  Unfortunately, I think his casting in that Star Wars spinoff rules him out for Game of Thrones.  Those two productions perfectly overlap near as I can tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Always bet on D&D to fuck up the casting.

Almost all people I know would look more Euron than this guy.

Show keeps finding ways to disappoint me.

Give him a chance. He might do a good job of playing an unhinged psycho-pirate. It's impossible to say until you see him on screen.

Plus he looks a lot like Theon.

Give him a chance. He might do a good job of playing an unhinged psycho-pirate. It's impossible to say until you see him on screen.

Plus he looks a lot like Theon.

He doesn't look like Euron, he is not black haired and pale and he is far from handsome.

I have nothing against the man, he may be terrific actor but he is not Euron, I love Sean Bean and Mark Andy, but they were not Eddard and Robert.

They should at least try to cast someone who really looks the part if it's possible.

He's a damn good actor who played a psychologically abnormal paedo to perfection in 18whatsit, that semi-good Danish historical thing, about which he was the only outstanding thing. Be grateful we have a Euron at all! I know I am.

EDIT: also I think you're in a serious minority re Ned and Robert! I wonder whose casting you did like...?

He doesn't look much like how I imagined Euron, but I think that may be a bit too much to expect. It's more important to me that he has the acting chops to become Euron on screen. Make-up and costuming can do a lot to make an actor look more like the character. Many of the rest of the cast look little like their chracter when you see them as they normally are. 

I would bet against blue lips, or even the whole Essosi dimension / warlocks / dragon horn. I expect Euron to be just a more competent and fearsome Viking leader than Theon or Yara who has got rid of his aging brother and advocates raiding the Reach hard.

I think he'll have a slightly unhinged aspect to his character. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a manic psycho laugh.

I would bet against blue lips, or even the whole Essosi dimension / warlocks / dragon horn. I expect Euron to be just a more competent and fearsome Viking leader than Theon or Yara who has got rid of his aging brother and advocates raiding the Reach hard.

Just thinking about they could fuck it up makes me cringe, that mother Rhoyne/Valyria switcheroo they pulled last year really pissed me off. I agree about the horn though, that was expected. 

Archived