Favorite characters in literature

First of My Name

Theon?

Fuck me sideways....that's an april fools joke, right?

Is it really that unbelievable? His story in Dance was probably the best in the entire book (and it wasn't just good for that book, it was good for the series as a whole).

Sherlock Holmes

Harry Flashman

Jack Aubrey

Odysseus

Corwin of Amber

Scheherazade

Richard Burton from Riverworld

Parker from the Richard Stark books

Half cocked Jack Shaftoe

Lazarus Long

Takeshi Kovacs

Is it really that unbelievable? His story in Dance was probably the best in the entire book (and it wasn't just good for that book, it was good for the series as a whole).

Yes. He's a despicable little shit. I can't even think of a character from other series to compare to, I hate the little fucker. If you showed up to our weekly GoT viewing night and said you liked Theon you;d get rotten fruit thrown at you.

Yes. He's a despicable little shit. I can't even think of a character from other series to compare to, I hate the little fucker. If you showed up to our weekly GoT viewing night and said you liked Theon you;d get rotten fruit thrown at you.

Then let's hope David Benioff doesn't unexpectedly drop in on your weekly GoT viewing nights.

MJ: Which character does each of you most relate to?

Benioff: Theon Greyjoy, especially as interpreted by Alfie Allen. In some ways he's the most complicated character in a story crammed with complicated characters. He's scared and lonely and insecure and masks those vulnerabilities with bravado and contempt and arrogance. He reminds me of real 25-year-olds I've known. Okay, he reminds me of the real 25-year-old I was. Aside from the child-murdering bit.

- via http://www.motherjones.com/media/2013/03/hbo-game-thrones-season-3-interview-david-benioff-dan-weiss

Atrei Never ending story

Meursault Stranger

Ugolino Della Gherardesca (even though he's real character) Divina Commedia

Snape,Hermione,Lupin HP

Sandor ASoIaF

Aska Aska and the wolf

Boromir LOTR

Celie Color purple

Jean Valjean,Bishop Myriel Les Miserables

Athos The Three Musketeers

Angelica Angelica

Pug Henry Winds of war

On top of my mind...

Fitzchivalry Farseer (whiner that he is) Farseer Trilogy

The Fool Farseer Trilogy

Chade Fallstar Farseer Trilogy

Kallam Mecklar MBoTF

Topper ​MBoTF

Rhodry Mealwead (Crazy, berserk, selfish, death-besotted bastard that he is) Deverry

Tyrion Lannister ASoIaF

Nevyn Deverry

Ryshad TathelTales of Einarin

Evandar Westlands (Deverry)

well heres my list of lovable characters :

Eowyn of Rohan : LOTR

Beleg Cuthalion : The Children of Hurin

Locke Lamore : THE LIES OF LOCKE LAMORE

Gollum : LOTR ( not becuase hes cool or anything )

Arya Stark : ASOIAF

Jon Snow : ASOIAF

Val : ASOIAF

Faramir of Gondor : LOTR

Samwise Gamgee : LOTR

Samwell Tarly : ASOIAF

Aslan : The Chronicles of Narnia

Aragorn : LOTR

Rauol of Golenlake : Song of the Lioness ( cheasy series i know )

thats all i can think of at the moment

Have to go with...

Judge Holden from Blood Meridian. Arguably the greates villain in American literature.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Judge_Holden

Ha, I love how you link that, like no one around here has heard of him, or my boy cormac.

I personally believe this was Mac's first flirtation with sf/f, and am of the school of thought that the Judge is a supernatural entity. For some reason I prefer Anton more though, he's got more chutzpah.

Ha, I love how you link that, like no one around here has heard of him, or my boy cormac.

Shrug. Just being thorough and helping out those who haven't. Think I've been around long enough to have a decent handle on that sort of thing.

Archived