I hope Daenaerys' dragons die at the end

Fetch me a block

They are boring after the Others have been fought because they are practically a nuke, except the person who has them isn't afraid to use them. What is the point of even-handed warfare and the game of thrones when dragons come along and have the capability to just kill everything - they are basically a rock-paper-gun, a gordian knot.

Yeah, I love ASOIAF to death, but I've read about much, much better dragons. Woulda' been really ace if they were actually somewhat intelligent and could talk :P But alas, I think it's probably better for the series if they do die at the end to be honest, and I love dragons.

(I used to be bullied in school FOR loving dragons so much. I'd draw them all the time :P)

BUT. My personal fairy tale ending for Dany would be to fly around the world on her dragons until she finds her house with the red door. they need some serious training though :D

Pretty sure, GRRM won't let dragons breeze over Westeros like that. Unlike Aegon I and his sisters, Dany plain sucks at dragon riding and doesn't show any kind of improvement.

she's only tried it once and she did ok.

What is wrong with having nukes? Do you realize how many deaths were averted during the cold war because the US and USSR had nukes and knew nuclear war would be catastrophic. Every major power in the world has them because they are the best deterrent of war. They keep people in line. Do you think anyone dared to go to war in Westeros when the dragons were still around? No, after Aegon conquered Westeros the dragons kept the peace.

I think that, in the end; the dragons must die. I don't believe that, when the true war is over, that there will be any place in the world for dragons. That can be said for the Stark Direwolves too(even if it sucks to say). I think at least one of the dragons will be killed in battle. After that, the other two will die off, when Dany dies.

Pretty sure, GRRM won't let dragons breeze over Westeros like that. Unlike Aegon I and his sisters, Dany plain sucks at dragon riding and doesn't show any kind of improvement.

What? lol, she hasn't done any loop de loops, but her dragons still care about her, she's the only one they will somewhat listen to, and if she doesn't have to total control, well, SHE'S THE FIRST VALYRIAN to have a dragon in 200 years and she didn't get any instruction manuals. Crazy how that works.

Heck, she's never even owned a dog, so she doesn't have much experience with pets.

And she has been riding Drogon all over the place. Plainly, she is not scared of heights and does not suffer from vertigo. She's got the basics of piloting a dragon down already.

What is wrong with having nukes? Do you realize how many deaths were averted during the cold war because the US and USSR had nukes and knew nuclear war would be catastrophic. Every major power in the world has them because they are the best deterrent of war. They keep people in line. Do you think anyone dared to go to war in Westeros when the dragons were still around? No, after Aegon conquered Westeros the dragons kept the peace.

Probably not best to get in a heated political debate over my strong aversion towards nuclear warfare and the fact we have enough power to destroy our own world more than 50 times over. Woops.

What? lol, she hasn't done any loop de loops, but her dragons still care about her, she's the only one they will somewhat listen to, and if she doesn't have to total control, well, SHE'S THE FIRST VALYRIAN to have a dragon in 200 years and she didn't get any instruction manuals. Crazy how that works.

Heck, she's never even owned a dog, so she doesn't have much experience with pets.

And she has been riding Drogon all over the place. Plainly, she is not scared of heights and does not suffer from vertigo. She's got the basics of piloting a dragon down already.

What's the point of riding a dragon if you have no control over it? Dany plainly got no control over Drogon.

Ok?! she had no control whatsoever and ended up in Vaes Dothrak!

she didn't fall off. i'd count that as a pretty big success.

you can hardly expect her to start doing loop the loops and barrell rolls her first time.

You do realize that GRRM is a pacificist right? I'm pretty sure he does not agree with the above sentiment, and I think it even less likely he would try to incorporate as a moral in his books.

Also, there were tons of wars in Westeros while Targs ruled, it was hardly a nation of peace you claim it was that the noble dragons helped ensure.

she's only tried it once and she did ok.

I know, people expect a pro from the start, wheres the learning curve. Its like riding a bike, you may fall of a few times but once you learn you never forget, a fire breathing, four legged, flying bike.

You do realize that GRRM is a pacificist right? I'm pretty sure he does not agree with the above sentiment, and I think it even less likely he would try to incorporate as a moral in his books.

Also, there were tons of wars in Westeros while Targs ruled, it was hardly a nation of peace you claim it was that the noble dragons helped ensure.

What were these wars you speak of?

Archived