Will Oath-Keeper or Widows-Wail return to House Stark?

As of now the greatsword of House Stark Ice was melted down into 2 new valryian steel blades by order of Tywin Lannister. One was Oathkeeper which was given to Jaime, the other was Widows-Wail for Joffery which passed to Tommen after his death. Do you guys think the Starks will get their blade back or is it lost to them forever?To be honest i see Jon having Oathkeeper by the end of the books, probably will pass to Rickon though because i dont think Jon will survive the series. I think Widows-Wail might be lost for good for the Starks IMO.

As much as I'd like to see Ice restored to the Starks as close to its original form as possible, I don't think it's Martin's style to allow such neat endings. The truth is probably going to be complicated, messy, and unsatisfactory for those who are hardcore Stark fans. As you've suggested, I can see Oathkeeper returning to the Stark fold, but it's harder to envision Widow's Wail working its way back North. Who knows, if there is another legendary weapon that will come into play in the battle with the Others, it may end up in Stark or Northern hands as well. It's a pretty open question.

Well, Catelyn has the Oathkeeper now, right? Or she returned it to Brienne? As for Widows wail, I imagine somehow it`ll find its way back to Winterfell, where they`ll reforge it back into Ice.

Hmm just made me think Widows-Wail could go to Rickon but that would be to ironic, Rickon would change the already horrid name to something even more blasphemous to the sword, something like "Shiny Sword". Joffery never could choose good sword names lol

Haha in a ASOIAF mod in Warcraft III, Ice will be reforged if Gendry gets both widows wail and Oathkeeper. I find it an interesting idea :P

And as i record he is with BwB and if they got Brienne and she got Oathkeeper. Who knows, the guys who made the mod might be right.

Jon already has Valyrian steel.

Though the Long Claw might be turned into blade of Lord Commander.

Oathkeeper is, strictly speaking, already in Stark-Tully possession

Widow's Wail will end in possession of Lord Bronn of Stokeworth, Rosby and King's Landing :P

The only way that Oath Keeper and Widow's Wail should return to the Starks is if it is reforged into Ice.

IIRC, the original Ice was lost and so if that was found, it would be much handier than reforging Oath Keeper and Widow's Wail into Ice once more. Also, the Stark's would then have three Valyrian steel swords, although I think they would rename Widow's Wail.

I believe Widow's Wail is gone forever. I think it will end up being the sword of House Tyrell an it's name will be changed to Long Thorne, I believe Loras already has it. I don't see any way that it ends up back in the North, it belongs to Highgarden now.

As for Oathkeeper, BWB currently has it so it is entirely possible that it could end up back in the hands of the North I could see several options happening with Oathkeeper: A) it is kept by House Stark B ) It is given to House Manderly C) it is given to House Tully D) It is given to one of the other noble houses in the North.

I however think that the Starks will get a new "Ice" one that has spells from the CotF, one that isn't made of Valyrian steel but something entirely different.

It would be nice if Ice was reforged, but what are the chances of that happening?

Haha in a ASOIAF mod in Warcraft III, Ice will be reforged if Gendry gets both widows wail and Oathkeeper. I find it an interesting idea :P

And as i record he is with BwB and if they got Brienne and she got Oathkeeper. Who knows, the guys who made the mod might be right.

There`s an ASOIAF mod in Warcraft 3? I haven`t played that game in years

Widow's Wail is at the Red Keep waiting for Tommen to grow up. It was a jeweled sword that he gave to Loras. If he had given him the sword he inherited from Joffrey, we'd know because Cersei would have thrown a fit.

I don't know. Melting down Ice was a desecration, but the new sword have potential. For one the resist the new coloring, appearing instead as if stained with Ned's blood and they seem destined to avenge him. Their names sound ominous and fatefull.

Widow's Wail was given as a wedding gift and the owner died during that wedding with his mother being the widow that wailed.

Ironically Oathkeeper was given as a gift to the most notorious oathbreaker in the realm. He, in turn, gave it to Brienne so that she could keep his oath for him. The sword stood as proof of her betaryal and she chose it so that she could prove her loyalty. Oathkeeper really seems to keep its wielder to his or her word to the bitter end.

They stand as monuments to the descration that should not be forgotten (although the tacky hilts should be replaced).

Also, it makes room for the original Ice to be unearthed.

I feel like it will absolutely go back to house Stark and will be re-forged. The Starks have "unfinished business" with the Lannister remnants and the Twincesters and their bastard pretenders to the Iron Throne.

Could you put a download link for that mod? It sounds like fun and I wouldn't mind playing it.

Do you guys think the Starks will get their blade back or is it lost to them forever?

Gendry very probably knows how to colour and rework Valyrian steel, as his master could do both. Jon Snow had a dream he's armoured in black ice. I have this idea that Gendry might end up reworking WW/OK into a helmet (like the one he made in GoT) for Jon, and colouring it black. Armoured in black Ice. It would be shaped like a Direwolf head.

This is a 'c'mon please' theory.

Archived