[BOOK SPOILERS] Time to seriously discuss Sansa

I meant it in a figurative sense. Sansa might die if her identity is revealed to the wrong person.

why keep her around all this time then? Again, smart money is on her having an impact as opposed to having her head suddenly loped off by whoever's claim on the north she might infringe on before she has an impact on the story

LF`s guidance began in FFC, and we all agree she learnt most about game and she developed her skills in lying and playing the game. She didn`t have that before, she didn`t have someone to be taught from, except from her Septa, and later from her misery.

actually it started in KL

actually it started in KL

I mean true guidance, in KL he couldn`t care less for her. But, we could say she learnt valuable lessons on that ship of his and in his home.

why keep her around all this time then? Again, smart money is on her having an impact as opposed to having her head suddenly loped off by whoever's claim on the north she might infringe on before she has an impact on the story

Martin trolling us? Or sacrificing her to remind us none is safe? Or to avoid making all Stark kids successful? I don't think it will happen, but this isn't Disney and if you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention ( :P )

I will literally be so impressed with GRRM if this happens that I will fly to Santa Fe to shake his hand. It would be the best trolling ever, worthy of awards.

Sansa is just getting dumber as the seasons goes along. It's almost as if they have no idea how to write for her.

After Bran and Rickon of course. Show Margery and Sansa seem to have no idea what happened at Winterfell which makes her comments even dumber.

I think Show Margaery knows what happened. After all, we have the scene with Varys telling the QoT, "If Robb Stark falls, Sansa Stark is the key to the North." Tywin, Varys, and the QoT know that Sansa is a valuable pawn, I don't see why Marg wouldn't, given that she's portrayed as a mini-QoT. I just think Sansa didn't process the implications of Marg's comment

I think Show Margaery knows what happened. After all, we have the scene with Varys telling the QoT, "If Robb Stark falls, Sansa Stark is the key to the North." Tywin, Varys, and the QoT know that Sansa is a valuable pawn, I don't see why Marg wouldn't, given that she's portrayed as a mini-QoT. I just think Sansa didn't process the implications of Marg's comment

If you think Margaery knows of RW plans, you are wrong. In the books, no one but Tywin and Varys knew about it. Even Varys knew only about Bolton`s treason, not entire plot. Tyrells knew nothing about RW, and that is what makes this conversation weird.

I will literally be so impressed with GRRM if this happens that I will fly to Santa Fe to shake his hand. It would be the best trolling ever, worthy of awards.

I personally like what I read to amount to something. Quentyn Martell was bad enough.

Martin trolling us? Or sacrificing her to remind us none is safe? Or to avoid making all Stark kids successful? I don't think it will happen, but this isn't Disney and if you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention ( :P )

All Stark kids as successful as Robb you mean?

No one said anything about happy, just that her role will be significant. Martin is a master troll, but there are a lot of POV's invested in Sansa. I remember her being very high on a list of chapters I saw on here somewhere, that's a lot of emotion and time to troll out in a swoop.

I'm expecting him to receive that award with the death of Jon Snow.

I personally like what I read to amount to something. Quentyn Martell was bad enough.

Well, one could argue that Quentyn Martell's death will trigger Doran to support Aegon instead of Daenerys, so that Daenerys loses the one certain ally she thought she'd have in Westeros. The dragons are loose now. Who knows what impact his death could have.

But Sansa's death, at this point at least, wouldn't mean much .. No one (ha!) knows she's there in the Vale, so her death won't do Littlefinger much harm. Crush his plans, yes, but this is Littlefinger, he trives because of chaos, and I don't think it will impact him much. As far as the North is concerned, she is on the run because of Joffrey's death, so they wouldn't know she'd died as Alayne Stone in the Vale. It will not impact the rest of the Starks, or anyone in the Kingdoms. It would have zero impact. At least that's what I'm thinking, I'm not the genius GRRM is. Now, if she would be revealed and did something with Littlefinger, her death could have an impact or cause some trouble in the North. Ned Stark's girl, you know.

I'm expecting him to receive that award with the death of Jon Snow.

Yeah, but Jon Snow did quite a lot, whereas Sansa hasnt yet. Sansa just has potential at this point.

Also, I don't doubt for a second that Jon will survive, one way or another.

Yeah, but Jon Snow did quite a lot, whereas Sansa hasnt yet. Sansa just has potential at this point.

Also, I don't doubt for a second that Jon will survive, one way or another.

jon would be a gut punch to more people though. I'd say he has a bigger following than sansa most likely.

If you think Margaery knows of RW plans, you are wrong. In the books, no one but Tywin and Varys knew about it. Even Varys knew only about Bolton`s treason, not entire plot. Tyrells knew nothing about RW, and that is what makes this conversation weird.

I don't think Marg knows of the RW plans nor do I claim that, I'm just saying that it's not unfeasible that the Tyrells know of Bran and Rickon's disappearance and probable death, and of Robb Stark's woes in battle. In terms of numbers, Robb was already at a disadvantage, now with Stannis defeated and the Tyrell army backing the Lannisters, I think the Tyrells just assume Robb would lose, RW or not.

Archived