Is Cersei pregnant?

King Bobby B

I was re-reading the books and came across some interesting tidbits:

In ASOS, Jaime VII, when Cersei and Jaime "reunite" over Joffrey's corpse:

One hand slid up her thigh and undermeath her smallclothes. When he tore them away, he saw that her moon's blood was on her, but it made no difference.

Now, I won't say I'm an expert on pregnancy, but it is possible to get pregnant while your "moon's blood" is on you. Also, during this family reunion, Jaime doesn't pull out one bit. So there's that.

Now, I know, according to Maggy the Frog, she'll only have three children, which she's already had. But, in AFFC, Cersei III:

To break her fast the queen sent to the kitchens for two boiled eggs, a loaf of bread, and a pot of honey. But when she cracked the first egg and found a bloody half-formed chick inside, her stomach roiled.

I think this is foreshadowing for some sort of miscarriage scenario. I don't know how it will play into the story exactly, or if it will at all, but with Cersei's mental state so damaged, I think an unborn child could possibly be the thing to drive her over the edge (although she's already very close).

Also, there's the whole bit about her dresses being very tight and not fitting properly. Of course, this could be attributed to old age and/or heavy drinking (both of which Cersei experiences in AFFC), but it could also mean she's preggers.

Apologies if this has been brought up before, the search function is currently not working. Thoughts?

I think the bloody chick could foreshadow dangers to her existing "chicks," Tommen and Myrcella, and not necessarily a "new" one.

I know a lot of people think Cersei having trouble fitting into her dresses is evidence of pregancy, but I think it's just her getting fat and being in denial. The joke being, she always looked down on Robert for letting himself go and now she is, too.

Don`t you think she would mention it in her POV? And I don`t think anyone ever thought of this. Simply, there is no way she is either pregnant or miscarried without mentioning it in her POV.

Am I pregnant? Are you pregnant? What is pregnancy anyway? Does it actually exist? Is time pregnant? Is pregnancy the right term for what we are trying to think about? Are there any right terms for what we are trying to talk about? How can A be pregnant if B =/= C, but also how can C be pregnant if B < C? These are all relevant questions, and the answer to some of them is yes, whilst the answer to others is no. I hope that clears things up for you.

Don`t you think she would mention it in her POV? And I don`t think anyone ever thought of this? Simply, there is no way she is either pregnant or miscarried without mentioning it in her POV.

Yeah, I think she'd know if she had missed her period. Dany doesn't notice that she's missed hers, but she also thinks she's infertile so doesn't have much reason to pay attention to it.

I dont think she was for the reasons everyone else said.

The joke being, she always looked down on Robert for letting himself go and now she is, too.

Yup, this is very ironic indeed. She may not be aware of it (Or maybe doesnt want to acknowledge it), but she is similar to Bobert in a lot of ways.

God I hope not, there are enough characters already, and given the circumstances it could grow up to channel Joffrey or somehow turn into another hidden Targ. I already have to keep a little note card with names on it so I don't get lost if the i-net is down.

Well, that's me outsmarted. I should have posted that this was a mostly crakpotty theory, just an interesting idea that popped into my head.

Actually it's a scarily possible thing in this world, that's why I said I hope not.

I think it's a result of her drinking too much, she acts like Robert in bed and soon she will look like him.

It's particularly amusing when she scolds her washerwoman for "shrinking her clothes" and wonders why a shift she hadn't worn since Joffrey was king is now oddly tight around her middle.

Alcohol is high energy food and it makes you fat. Cersei would likely be drinking Moon Tea after each of her affairs due to the fact that a pregnancy out of wedlock would undo her reign. Not that it matters any more. :P

also, it is probably impossible to get pregnant while on your period, unless you have a 10 day cycle, and that is something so out of the ordinary i believe she might have mentioned it.

though it is strange that she hasn't gotten pregnant a bunch of times before with all the sex she has. pp(s) must be right, she must drink a lot of moon tea. wonder why that's never mentioned in her pov (or is it?)

also, it is probably impossible to get pregnant while on your period, unless you have a 10 day cycle, and that is something so out of the ordinary i believe she might have mentioned it.

though it is strange that she hasn't gotten pregnant a bunch of times before with all the sex she has. pp(s) must be right, she must drink a lot of moon tea. wonder why that's never mentioned in her pov (or is it?)

As far as I am aware it is rare, but you can get pregnant while on your period.

However the last man in her bed was one of the Kettlebacks, wasn't it?

She does not think about being preggers, because she is a tiny little bit preoccupied during her time in jail.

I personally do not think she is pregnant, but she could be. It would be the last straw for Jaime.

It's particularly amusing when she scolds her washerwoman for "shrinking her clothes" and wonders why a shift she hadn't worn since Joffrey was king is now oddly tight around her middle.

Alcohol is high energy food and it makes you fat. Cersei would likely be drinking Moon Tea after each of her affairs due to the fact that a pregnancy out of wedlock would undo her reign. Not that it matters any more. :P

She more than scolds them, she practically makes them destitute with the fines she imposes on them.

Though this is another example of the narrators not being very reliable. It is hard to trust many of our narrators.

She made sure that Lancel did not finish inside her. Other than that, she was made pregnant three times by Jaime, and went to a lot of trouble to ensure that Robert did not make her pregnant. I think she's only had sex a couple of times with Kettleblack.

Archived