Trant is Syrio...

liamnoel99

Not really. If he is a faceless man he would be Jaqen H'ghar. FM are too rare and unique to be living in such close quarters at the same time and what would his mission be if he were to live as Trant for years?

:agree: Exactly. FM are as rare as secret Targs and wargs.

Well...no, I mean, considering that Trant and Syrio were alive in the same castle/city at the same time. That would be a little hard. Unless Syrio manages to magicaly slip into Trants body during the attempted arrest of Arya and fight with one another. Or if Syrio instead just took Trant's armour or something, those two look incredibly different: Syrio was bald, sharp nose and skinny, Trant has a red beard and slanted eyes, and I assume more bulkier. Would be tricky to pull off, and have Syrio get away with it, with such differences. And how would the switch happen unnotice with other soliders or knights present at the arrest?

And you know, Meryn Trant also beats Sansa up, then brings Sansa to the forced wedding with Tyrion, then falsely testifies against Tyrion at trial.

Not only time conflicts, but that seems very unlike Syrio to me :dunno: and unnecessary. Doesn't fit into any "plans".

He obviously became one of the wounded Lannister soldiers, then assassinated Varys before assuming his identity. As ham fisted as that previous sentence was at the very least it would be having a big impact on the story for such a powerful individual.

Him becoming Trant then languishing on for years with this identity really accomplishes nothing. In all likelihood though Syrio is dead, with the alternative being an already crackpot concept of him being Jaquen (I hate names with apostrophes).

Archived