Lord Yohn Royce cast.

TheNorthReigns

According the fansite Winter is Coming, they cast Rupert Vansittart in the role. Never heard of him, but he is a British actor who has played in numerous things like Doctor Who, Mr. Bean and Four Weddings and a Funeral. Didn't think he showed up in ASoS, but I guess they're going to be filming from material from AFFC.

Great to see his character but...I remember this guy from Heartbeat and I just can't see him in the role described in the books. Of course, they can change his character around a bit, but if they try and portray him as a battle-hardened warrior...it'll take a lot to convince me. I don't know, maybe I'm just in a bad mood, because I'm usually very positive about all the castings!

This is awesome! I am so stoked to see his interactions with LF. I am nervous, however, because the rate at which they are filming, they are gonna catch up with GRRM by either Season 5 or 6.

Yeah season 5 should be winds of winter material for Bran and Sansa. But they are probably gonna create fake subplots.

Also your signature is hilarious.

Yeah season 5 should be winds of winter material for Bran and Sansa. But they are probably gonna create fake subplots.

Bran, most likely, given how little material there is. For Sansa they may try to rework the Lords Declarant/Sansa & Littlefinger stuff into a season-long story.

Great to see his character but...I remember this guy from Heartbeat and I just can't see him in the role described in the books. Of course, they can change his character around a bit, but if they try and portray him as a battle-hardened warrior...it'll take a lot to convince me. I don't know, maybe I'm just in a bad mood, because I'm usually very positive about all the castings!

I expect they'll combine his character with Nestor Royce, who is rather less than impressive.

Interesting. IIRC Bronze Yohn doesn't reappear before the first Alayne chapter in AFFC.

This is awesome! I am so stoked to see his interactions with LF. I am nervous, however, because the rate at which they are filming, they are gonna catch up with GRRM by either Season 5 or 6.

IMO they are going to catch up with GRRM most likely by season 6. Maybe even sooner for some characters don't have enough material left.

I expect they'll combine his character with Nestor Royce, who is rather less than impressive.

That would be kind of difficult. Nestor's main purpose is to be Littlefinger's bought man, and assuming they retain the Gates of the Moon (which would really be the main purpose of having Nestor Royce), that would be totally incompatible with Yohn Royce's role in the story.

Interesting. IIRC Bronze Yohn doesn't reappear before the first Alayne chapter in AFFC.

That's right. I expect we'll get a more formal Lysa/Littlefinger wedding at the Eyrie with lords in attendance.

Possibly they'll have some scene of Royce and Littlefinger clashing in episode 1 or 2, which would be a good way to misdirect people about with Littlefinger is up to this season. If he's completely offscreen prior to the Purple Wedding, it'll be a lot more obvious that he's behind it.

He plays condescending and unreasonably angry very well. I assume putting him in armor and giving him long hair/facial hair will make him look more a warrior. Although he could easily just play an over-the-hill warrior like most older men his age would be anyways.

Interesting. Not whom I would have pictured. I know the actor mainly as Mr. Hurst from the 1995 Pride and Prejudice miniseries and as that boorish fellow from Four Weddings and a Funeral (someone said on another site that he's made a career out playing posh jerks...ha!).

I can't think of the actor without hearing this bit from Four Weddings and a Funeral of the actor's character doing a reading from the Bible at the wedding:

[Rupert Vansittart/Yohn Royce's actor's character]: "If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels but have not love, I am as a sounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Gareth (deadpan): Good point.

Vansittart's pompous delivery makes it really funny for some reason.

I'm excited about this. I don't recall the actor in anything in particular, but Bronze Yohn is one of my favorite minor/background characters.

I think it's getting to the point that we should just accept the fact that the show is going to pass the books. Sad but likely true, IMHO.

I'm excited about this. I don't recall the actor in anything in particular, but Bronze Yohn is one of my favorite minor/background characters.

I think it's getting to the point that we should just accept the fact that the show is going to pass the books. Sad but likely true, IMHO.

I still think that GRRM *can* finish WOW before the show is out of material. They will most likely use the material they have to make three more seasons and substitute content were they run out of story lines. 5 years should be enough to finish a book. Feast took ~5, Dance ~6, maybe GRRM speeds up a little this time ;)

I still think that GRRM *can* finish WOW before the show is out of material. They will most likely use the material they have to make three more seasons and substitute content were they run out of story lines. 5 years should be enough to finish a book. Feast took ~5, Dance ~6, maybe GRRM speeds up a little this time ;)

GRRM might be able to finish WoW before the show really gets deep into the sixth book. But IMHO, there is no way that he can finish Dream of Spring before the show ends.

Also, I kind of tend to think that the show will be through AFFC and DWD by the end of season 5 (so two seasons instead of three).

Yeah, he's not finishing ADoS in time. The show will be over in four years, maybe five tops. TWoW is due next year, but that's dubious. He'll need another four to at the least to finish ADos. So, only if the stars align can Martin finish ADoS before the last season. That's if he writing exepctionally fast, and if the show adds another season.

He plays condescending and unreasonably angry very well. I assume putting him in armor and giving him long hair/facial hair will make him look more a warrior. Although he could easily just play an over-the-hill warrior like most older men his age would be anyways.

I remember seeing him in Braveheart, where he was wearing a bit of chainmail and has a beard.

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1995_Braveheart/big/fhd995BHT_Rupert_Vansittart_002.jpg

Archived