Did Coldhands feed them human flesh?

Skoboe

Apologies in advance is this is answered in the book, or if it's been asked before...I've only just started ADwD.

Coldhands goes out and kills 10 NW deserters (I assume they're the ones that killed the Old Bear?)

He then returns with meat...described as bright red meat that he says came from a sow.

African explorers in the 1800's were sometimes unwittingly fed human flesh by their guides, who called it long-pork.

Pork...domestic pork at least, is more a pale pink colour...and when Bran was in puppy-form there were lots of references to the smells...none of them were pig. Anyone who's been near a wild pig knows they have a definite and unique smell about them.

If he did fill their bellies with man-meat, what purpose could it have been for?

The mutineers had stolen pork at Craster's, it's not insane to think that maybe Coldhands took it from them when he dealt with them.

I think that's a strong possibility. Human flesh can drive a man mad.

And Coldhands says the meat is pork.. I´m sure both of them are super honest dudes.

Vargo hoat was fed with goat.

Um... Vargo is the goat... The Kindly Man had no need to feed Arya himan flesh. Coldhands was trying to keep Bran alive.

Archived