FIRE AND BLOOD!

Michael Seswatha Jordan

Well, I can't argue with that. :)

I know, we keep forgetting that we're reading a story. Forget Illyrio, anything Dany has Martin gave her and he can give her anything he likes. In a release about TWOIAF Martin made fun of us all saying for those who like fake history...

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

Interesting interpretation with the Quentyn as the sun coming from the west and dying in the east, the Dothraki Sea as going dry, and the destruction of the pyramids as mountains reduced to dust and ash. Dany then has her period while out there, and then a Khal returned to her.

That has never occurred to me before, though I'm not sure whether this is and actual prophecy or just Mirri Maz Duur's way of saying 'when hell freezes over'. Though perhaps it can be foreshadowing for Dany, once again, being at the head of a great Khalasar.

When I started this thread it was my intent to show that day is due a break. I mean come on.....no one see's that she has had a very hard road. Firstly, and most important her brother was viserys. Ladies any of you out there would that be a nice brother to have? Then she was sold for a army, luckily this made her a stronger person. Then she loses her sun and stars and is left with a ragtag group of dothraki. She had no choice but to cross the red waste or she would have been killed or taking to vaes dothrak. I mean yes dany has been a naive and virtually worthless ruler in mereen. But, what I'm saying is, as per MMD and quaithe I think much and more has come to pass and she has found herself, who she truly is and that is the truth. GRRM has stated we will never go to asshai, so she'll find no truth there(though I do believe there are targs there, quaithe being one). I don't really care for dany, I just think she will have a rout of the yunkai and that will allow her plot to move forward. Doesn't matter who is left to rule mereen she will move in to westeros.

I do think that Dany and Drogon will murder the f*ck out of the khal and take over the khalasar. I also think that the khalasar will be important in the coming Battle for Meereen. After that, it's hard to say. I think the TV guys would like her to, at some point, become the unifier of all the Dothraki, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (like Genghis Khan, if you assume the Dothraki=Mongols parralel) but I'm not sure at all that this is what GRRM has in mind. I think that the Dothraki contribution to Dany's eventual trip to Westeros will be significant, important, crucial to victory, and die a lot.

I know, we keep forgetting that we're reading a story. Forget Illyrio, anything Dany has Martin gave her and he can give her anything he likes. In a release about TWOIAF Martin made fun of us all saying for those who like fake history...

Can I get a amen? Exactly this is a STORY and it don't matter what are theories are or what we believe or who septa lemore is. GRRM will make those choices. It is Hus story.

Though perhaps it can be foreshadowing for Dany, once again, being at the head of a great Khalasar.

I think we will see that as the following from her visit to the HotU is still waiting to be fulfilled:

"Beneath the Mother of Mountains, a line of naked crones crept from a great lake and knelt shivering before her, their grey heads bowed."

And I would agree that she has embraced FIRE and BLOOD by the end of ADWD and that the Dothraki will submit to her as the head of the Great Khalasar. She may make it back to Meereen for the battle.

I don't think she will make it to Westeros in the next book. Instead, I think she will conquer much of Essos.

Once the Yunkai are defeated, I think she will lay waste to most of slaver's bay. I expect that Yunkai and Astapor will be reduced to ruins and that any City-State that sent Yunkai support should be worried. Dany has some debts to pay and I think she'll take a lesson from Astapor and Yunkai that she should not leave behind enemies embolden to plot against her. The choice she'll offer is "bend the knee" or destruction. A side trip to Qarth might be a possibility, but I think she will lead her forces down the Demon Road to Mantarys and then Volantis.

Dany sent envoys to Mantarys in ADWD and they sent her back their pickled heads in a box. The Dany striving to plant olives and grow a peace let it slide, but the Dany who embraces her inner dragon will need to teach them a lesson. I think there has been too much foreshadowing about her coming to Volantis for that not to happen and the Demon Road is the path from Meereen with Mantarys a stop along the way.

And Barristan has made a promise in her name to the Tattered Prince concerning Pentos. All this will take some time, but I expect it to move at a faster pace than her time in Meereen.

I think we'll need to wait for book seven before the conquer of Essos heads to Westeros with her dragon(s). By that time, fAegon may have a dragon of his own, it will be Winter, a greyscale plague will be underway and The Others will be heading south. It should be fun...

I think we will see that as the following from her visit to the HotU is still waiting to be fulfilled:

And I would agree that she has embraced FIRE and BLOOD by the end of ADWD and that the Dothraki will submit to her as the head of the Great Khalasar. She may make it back to Meereen for the battle.

I don't think she will make it to Westeros in the next book. Instead, I think she will conquer much of Essos.

Once the Yunkai are defeated, I think she will lay waste to most of slaver's bay. I expect that Yunkai and Astapor will be reduced to ruins and that any City-State that sent Yunkai support should be worried. Dany has some debts to pay and I think she'll take a lesson from Astapor and Yunkai that she should not leave behind enemies embolden to plot against her. The choice she'll offer is "bend the knee" or destruction. A side trip to Qarth might be a possibility, but I think she will lead her forces down the Demon Road to Mantarys and then Volantis.

Dany sent envoys to Mantarys in ADWD and they sent her back their pickled heads in a box. The Dany striving to plant olives and grow a peace let it slide, but the Dany who embraces her inner dragon will need to teach them a lesson. I think there has been too much foreshadowing about her coming to Volantis for that not to happen and the Demon Road is the path from Meereen with Mantarys a stop along the way.

And Barristan has made a promise in her name to the Tattered Prince concerning Pentos. All this will take some time, but I expect it to move at a faster pace than her time in Meereen.

I think we'll need to wait for book seven before the conquer of Essos heads to Westeros with her dragon(s). By that time, fAegon may have a dragon of his own, it will be Winter, a greyscale plague will be underway and The Others will be heading south. It should be fun...

Fuck the haters. I SO WANT THIS.

Archived