Stubby

GoT Actors in Other Stuff - Part 2

550 posts in this topic

The place to discuss performances by GoT actors in other roles. Carry on as before. :)

Cheers for resuscitating this.

Incredible. Maybe she wouldn't have had a better chance at seducing his horse?

Edited by Dragonstoned

Think the smackhead in Sherlock who Watson incapacitates is Black Walder Frey? Some nice meta-comeuppance if so.

Edited by Dragonstoned

Think the smackhead in Sherlock who Watson incapacitates is Black Walder Frey? Some nice meta-comeuppance if so.

It is. Didn't read any of the first thread but Ripper Street is almost exclusively cast with GOT actors.

In Harry Brown, Davos Seaworth's nephew kills Michael Caine's best friend, Walder Frey, and Jorah Mormont's in charge of the police.

Julian Glover played Scaroth in the Doctor Who Story "City of Death".

Anyone excited for Kit Harrington in Pompeii?

Not just because he's shirtless, either. ;)

Apparently Sean Bean was in some other fantasy series.

Jupiter Ascending

Anyone excited for Kit Harrington in Pompeii?

Not just because he's shirtless, either. ;)

That movie has a pretty big budget, some $100 mil. I hope it doesn't fail at the box office

That movie has a pretty big budget, some $100 mil. I hope it doesn't fail at the box office

I have a feeling it will flop, though i wish Kit best wishes.

I have such a huge respect for Natalie Dormer after binging through The Tudors during the last couple of weeks. She was fantastic as Anne Boelyn.

I spotted Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Iain Glen the other day while watching Kingdom of Heaven. I wondered how Glen was able to be a part of both Downton Abbey and Thrones since they run concurrently. I got a special kick out of seeing Stephen Dillane in Zero Dark Thirty as a presidential advisor along with James Gandolfini as Leon Panetta. Stannis Baratheon and Tony Soprano together in the same room! Another actor I've seen in recent work is Nonso Anozie, who played Xaro, in the trailer for Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. I thought Oona Chaplin did an amazing job as Talisa and hope to see her again in future television and film roles.

I'd like to see Oona Chaplin in a private film I have in mind, lol.

I have such a huge respect for Natalie Dormer after binging through The Tudors during the last couple of weeks. She was fantastic as Anne Boelyn.

I know. What happened?

I blame poor writing on this show.

I know. What happened?

I blame poor writing on this show.

She's not so bad as Margaery. A bit sidelined, but the best is yet to come. It'll be interesting when she starts getting openly hostile towards Cersei.

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but Mackenzie Crook (Orell the wildling) can be found on Almost Human as Rudy the wacky lab guy. It's a good roll for him.

Also, recently listened to the BBC Radio adaptation of Neil Gaimen's Neverwhere, featuring among other talents Natalie Dormer as Lady Door.

I got a kick out of seeing Jorah Mormont as a mad scientist who turns into an uber-zombie.

Even after his monstrous transformation, while standing he still leans on his right hip the same way Jorah does. It's almost cute.

Edited by Red Raven

Iain Glen (Mormont) was in Spooks (series 9), as was the guy who played Edmure (series 8; forgotten the actor's name, sorry). Liam Cunningham was in a great, indie movie called "The Numbers Station". Stephan Dillane was in the awful "King Arthur", too.

Edited by Elliemental

Haven't read through the whole of the last thread, so this might already have been mentioned, but Aidan Gillen plays Stuart (one of the main characters) in the UK "Queer as Folk" series.