Do you view Daenerys as a dishonorable character?

Guard of the Rainking

She tortured to innocent girls, crucified 163 people without knowing if they were slavers, and has used slaves, seriously this is not nasty to you?

Oh an Astapor.

You may view it as nasty as many people on the board do. But what I said was

I very seriously doubt GRRM will take her in this direction. Especially after what Robb did to Karstark. I don't think the idea is to develop her into a character that the reader is meant to see as truly nasty.

Whether I see it as nasty or not is irrelevant. I said that I do not think GRRM meant or means to make her a truly nasty character. DO you think that is the direction he has in mind for her? Do you think he intended to portray her as a monster? That is not the vibe I get from her chapters or of those around her (i.e. that they see her as such).

ROFL!!!!

And here I wasn't even taking a position (also, last two sentences are contradictory).

Umm...that was kind of the point. I guess I should also add LOLOL as that should make what I say more convincing.

ETA: What is the contradiction?

Theres a problem with being proud of where you come from? When i speak of honor, i speak of personal honor. (and its quite sacred to me.) You are talking about the outdated sense of honor. Chivalry shouldnt be gendered just as honor shouldnt have to be status quo. Lying is dishonorable. Killing in cold blood is dishonorable. Respect is honorable. And yes, breaking oaths is dishonorable, but a person should not make an oath they cannot keep. ;) Opening a door for an elderly man is chivalrous. Donating to charities is both chivalrous and honorable. Your view is too extreme and narrow. And extremely gendered. |:[

See this is what I mean when I say I have a hard time explaining this.

By "societal pride", I meant how one appears to the society at large. Ned for instance insists on not following Renly's plan because it is not honourable to "drag frightened children from their beds". This is not a question of morality.

Hoster forced an abortion on Lysa and married her to Jon A to preserve her honour and Jon A resented her because his honour was touched at wedding a non-virgin. Robb married Jeyne for honour too, yet none of these were the moral choices.

Also, "heh" on my view being outdated-it's the view I grew up with. People are still murdered for honour in my country.

LOLOL pointing out the obvious, oh you.

As to your question, read your previous post again and find out.

LOLOLOLOL

I just did. It said

Wow. I stand corrected. Clearly your position is right (whatever it is).

What is the contradiction.

Because Dany doesn't allow shit. The Dothraki are a race of pillagers, rapist, and murders. Drogo has hundred of bells in his hair, meaning he's won hundreds of battles. He raped, pillaged and sold slaves long before Dany. All Dany supplied was a direction for what to do with the money they got. Blaming Dany for Drogo's actions is about as straw man as you can get.

Drogo wanted to pillage lands east(around the jade sea specifically ))

If you were one of those Lhazareen, you can totally blame what happened to you partially because of Dany.

So if she starts nailing up random Lannisters to posts in retaliation for Elia, Aegon and Rhaenys, you'll be OK with that because Dany finds those murders morally repugnant and will want someone to pay for them?

And "I only do awful things because the other guy did too" stopped working as an excuse for disgusting behavior in grade school.

:agree:

Why on earth would Meerenes actually send Dany their leaders?

We don't know how the selection happened, but we know Dany knew who they were, she sent their remains to their wives.

Are you seriously suggesting the Great Masters dressed up slaves as themselves or something?

Dany is too fickle and passionate to be considered honourable I think. She might start of with the idea of doing the honourable thing, but once her inner dragon gets channeled (or she sees someone with bright blue eyes ) there's no real telling what she's capable of I think, honourable or not.

Why on earth would Meerenes actually send Dany their leaders?

There is text stating that three of the maestars crucified were from a leading family.

“You have no lack of enemies, Your Grace. You can see their pyramids from your terrace. Zhak, Hazkar, Ghazeen, Merreq, Loraq, all the old slaving families. Pahl. Pahl, most of all. A house of women now. Bitter old women with a taste for blood. Women do not forget. Women do not forgive.” No, Dany thought, and the Usurper’s dogs will learn that, when I return to Westeros. It was true that there was blood between her and the House of Pahl. Oznak zo Pahl had been cut down by Strong Belwas in single combat. His father, commander of Meereen’s city watch, had died defending the gates when Joso’s Cock smashed them into splinters. Three uncles had been among the hundred sixty-three

on the plaza.

Archived