How does Edmure feel about having a Frey wife?

Very, very conflicted. She's a lovely girl, and under better circumstances, they could have fallen in love. But what he currently feels isn't love but some mixture of dependency, isolation, hatred, disgust and fondness all mixed up.

The girl is very much to blame and would be sentenced for aiding and abetting in mass murder in any modern court.

If I were Edmure I would feel like S...t with her.

I honestly don't know how love can be found in that relationship. He was a prisoner from the moment he bedded her. His kin and armies were ruthlessly massacred by her family and it was done during an event for him. Also, I think he should know that he's a walking dead man as soon as she gives birth to a proper heir.

He's probably fond of her, but I don't know about love.

I honestly don't know how love can be found in that relationship. He was a prisoner from the moment he bedded her. His kin and armies were ruthlessly massacred by her family and it was done during an event for him. Also, I think he should know that he's a walking dead man as soon as she gives birth to a proper heir.

He's probably fond of her, but I don't know about love.

He wasn't her prisoner. I imagine it's the same way Theon and Robb became friends. Edmure and Roslin seem to love each other, despite the terrible circumstances of their marriage.

He wasn't her prisoner. I imagine it's the same way Theon and Robb became friends. Edmure and Roslin seem to love each other, despite the terrible circumstances of their marriage.

Well, "love" might be taking it a bit too far. He basically saw her once before the wedding, then they had sex, and then he was practically taken to the gallows. I do think they have the potential to get to love each other, under the right circumstances (not as hostages in Casterly Rock)

In the event that Edmure is restored to power, I do think there will be a reckoning for the Freys (if Stoneheart leaves some of them unhanged by then, that is). Even if Edmure opposes for some reason, the Freys turned against many other houses as well and are oath breakers. They don't lack for enemies. I think the women and children will be pardoned but disinherited of the Twins, so Edmure's child could be the sole heir. Well, that's what I'd do anyway

Edmure loves her but hates her family. I believe Edmures going to end up as Lord of Riverrun at the end so for plot reasons I think Roslin will die somewhere along the way. Whether that's through child birth or Lady Stoneheart remains to be seen.

If Edmure is restored, his wife will be made to denounce her own family, but nothing more. Edmure's second son will probably inherit the Twins thanks to his Frey connection.

I think so too. A Tully-Frey marriage can go both ways after all...

Archived