TTTNE 428 : The RhaenysBalerion Appreciation Thread

N/A

No , Helena. Larissa is the old head nurse whom I bribe with goodies and charm to keep me informed . She's not really "old" she's like 34 :lol:

The new nurse is called Yara apparently .

;)

Ye gawds son!! Do not mention old and 34 in the same sentence.... Zar is sensitive about that :D

LadyQ - have fun :cheers: and take lots of pics!!!

My King - kudos for bringing some :leer: to the thread :) We always need more :leer:

My Queen - I would also love to see the highlights! They sound pretty :) Id love to see the crown tatt if you ever get one. That's just awesome.

Hi everyone! Nothing much going on in my little bitty life other than the usual. Just counting down the days til I'm off for the summer and no longer have to commute :commie:

I made strawberry shortcake so I will leave some for yoots.

Evening thread.

Adventures in dating. This woman came on to me -- - Excerpt from the okcupid profile

I also find today that there are a lot of feminine men out there, and masculine women. The roles have be switched which I believe is the downfall of a lot of marriages and relationships. Men are no longer taking charge, and women are taking over that power. I like a man to be in charge and have certain expectations of me. I want him to also appreciate the things I do to please him even the subtle ones.

You know what i would appreciate? If she appreciated the things SHE did. And told me to take 'em or leave 'em. Felt almost 1990ish -- pre Murphy Brown. Needless to say, I wasn't interested in a date with someone that wanted me to take control over their life. Not that sharing thing we like to do these days.

I was raised in a house where my father retired earlier than mom and did all the cooking and cleaning.

Damn. I wish my husband would cook or clean. Anything. Even the car. :p

Nah, considering, he does the best he can :)

The last time I actively dated (8 years ago?) I found that many men were afraid that if they opened a door I would get offended. I was always more offended that a man didn't know to pull out a chair for a lady, let her order first, hold a door, etc.

I suppose I'm old fashioned though. Mutual respect and humor were high in my book.

Evening thread.

Adventures in dating. This woman came on to me -- - Excerpt from the okcupid profile

I also find today that there are a lot of feminine men out there, and masculine women. The roles have be switched which I believe is the downfall of a lot of marriages and relationships. Men are no longer taking charge, and women are taking over that power. I like a man to be in charge and have certain expectations of me. I want him to also appreciate the things I do to please him even the subtle ones.

You know what i would appreciate? If she appreciated the things SHE did. And told me to take 'em or leave 'em. Felt almost 1990ish -- pre Murphy Brown. Needless to say, I wasn't interested in a date with someone that wanted me to take control over their life. Not that sharing thing we like to do these days.

I was raised in a house where my father retired earlier than mom and did all the cooking and cleaning.

You sound like my kind of man :wub: shame that I'm already taken... and that tiny little detail that I live on the other side of the pond.

Hello spammies :grouphug:

The tiny Spud is born !!! :commie: :commie: :commie: 3.2 kilos of starch called Ivan :wub:

My sisters is exhausted but I've never seen her happier. Thanks guys :grouphug:

Nurses are cool ! Actually Larissa is kinda brilliant , that's why she made it so far so quick .

@ Lady O says the woman who's about to tag me as a 40 year old :bawl:

Hang in there Nero .

Oh, I'm sure Cat can more than fill our hugging gap !

Ye gawds son!! Do not mention old and 34 in the same sentence.... Zar is sensitive about that :D

I'm twenty-ten years old, I don't know what you're talking about, unless you are my sister and trying to hide your age, case in which, depending on the circumstances, I will declare mine and say she's 6 years older :devil:

Morning my lovelies :kiss:

Karate was exactly what I needed last night!

Had fun in karate class last night sparring with a couple of the teenagers while the instructors were busy with the people who are testing next week. Only downside was Miss Teenaged Angst has a problem with distancing....as in she tries to kick when her opponent is too close. This resulted in many knees to my mid-section. The whole point of me getting in really close was so she couldn't kick me :P She is great at kicking, but her punches are rather sucky. I can only be grateful that those were not intentional knee strikes or I would be in a world of hurt today :lol: (more like me running into her knees) As it is I do have some slightly sore ribs and a big bruise on my upper arm (most likely from a kick :P )

She got really upset twice when people were correcting her. Luckily I was able to talk reasonably to here about her need to work on distancing. (Oh how I hate the "I shouldn't do this, I suck at it" thing!!!!) Actually, she is quite good at sparring, and I told her so, but she needs to work on the distancing, and that is not something she can practice on her own. (she used to totally kick my ass, until I figured out how to get around her...by limiting her ability to kick me) Also told her I kicked a guy in the balls once, to show her we all have to learn things.

Evening thread.

OH MY! I din't even know where to begin with that!

I just noticed that Kit Harrington is doing a voice for How to train your dragon 2.. I hope it isn't distracting :P

How cool!

Hello spammies
The tiny Spud is born !!! :commie: 3.2 kilos of starch called Ivan :wub:

Congrats to your sister!

I know a lot of you don't read the fitness thread, so I am going to post this here too (because it makes me so happy!!!!!!!!)

Progress update, this time from the measuring tape:

Chest: -4 inches (10cm) (mostly in the back fat!)

Upper arms: -1.5 inches (3.8cm)

waist: -8 inches (20.32cm)

hips: -6 inches (15.24cm)

thighs: -2 inches (5cm)

calves: -.5 inches (1.27cm)

For a total of 26 inches (66cm) of fat gone

I only have waist and hip specific goals: 30 inch waist (6 more inches) and 38 inch hips (4 more inches)

For the arms and thighs, I just want less jiggly fat on them. Hard to say how much that would be as I am developing muscles as I lose fat. If I had to guess, I'd say about 1 inch on the arms and 3 or 4 inches on the thighs.

For the chest, just less back fat, still have 1-1.5 inches I can pinch back there.

My calves are (according to one of the young guys in my karate class) "solid concrete" :lol: so not much needs to be lost on them

I'm having mood swings today. :crying: / :cool4:

:grouphug:

Good Morning guys!!!

I finally got my boyfriend hooked on GoT,we watched 4 episodes last night :smug:

So we were watching s01e07 and he asked me who Joffrey is :bang: damn Unsullied

I'm looking forward to seeing his face when they behead Ned

I love unsullied for that very reason. They're like me when I'm watching (almost)any other show than GoT :lol:

The tiny Spud is born !!! :commie: 3.2 kilos of starch called Ivan :wub:

Congrats! :cheers:

Hello spammies :grouphug

The tiny Spud is born !!! :commie: :comme: commie: 3.2 kilos of starch called Ivan :wub:

Nurses are cool ! Actually Larissa is kinda brilliant , that's why she made it so far so quick .

@ Lady O says the woman who's about to tag me as a 40 year old

Hang in there Nero .

Oh, I'm sure Cat can more than fill our hugging gap !

Congrats Nuncle Taters! :commie: :commie :grouphug: I hope your sister is ok.

Ivan is a gorgeous name :wub Your sister has good taste!

:grouphug: to Nero. Its all part of puberty. I know I have been through some terrible mood swings like that (not made any better by depression but meh). Hang in there :grouphug:

Congrats Lany, you are so inspirational :cheers: :love:

What do you mean too many emoticons! I say we start a protest:

END THE MINDLESS SLAUGHTER OF POOR, INNOCENT EMOTICONS!!!!

Tates! Congrats!!! That's fantastic (your post snuck in just as I hit "reply" on the multi post bar). IVAN - love the name!

Hi NOG!!!

After being lethargic for half a day, the spam is coming alive as I type this. ;)

we wouldn't have lived through the first three months without a lot of help, now it mostly feels like a 3 ring circus

hullo the spam!

Sounds like awesome mayhem to me.

We have a length limit on names? I have never heard of such thing.

I am actually surprised that we have not ran out of possible names already.

Buck, I have a question for you about mixing "serious literature" and fantasy. It involves Mrs.Chicken.

Mrs.Chicken is an old fashion reader. Goes to the library every couple of weeks to get the latest - she even sells books for a living (at a college bookstore). She deeply believes that the best authors give one insights into life not gotten elsewhere. So she'll often use this sentence fragment on me (or variations): "You wouldn't understand because you don't read fiction."

SO - you read both, right? The "serious" fiction and the fantasy. I feel like Martin and other fantasy writers put plenty of wisdom and insight into their writing, you just have more fun along the way.

How do you feel about that as someone who reads both Austen and Martin?

We do have a limit on name length

You would know. How DID you sneak that long name of yours in and is that why no spaces?

Hey, (it's BrandonWeirtreetheDragon btw, I had a change of name...)

I'm out on pass again until Friday evening. I would usually be here over the weekend, but my parents are going away for the weekend for their anniversary so I came home last night instead.

I saw two red squirrels while I was in hospital this week. My reaction

Today is cloudy, dull, grey, and a little drizzly. So I'm very bored.

Going to go shopping tomorrow as I need some new clothes. Ugh, I hate shopping...mostly because I don't like spending my money. I refuse to spend anything over £18 for a pair of shoes for example...

Hope everyone is well,

Sorry Bran. I slaughtered your emotes. Nice to see you here.

Red squirrels are always fun. They're like nature's Loki.

We used to live in a pine woods and we had a mast year - a bumper crop - of pine cones. The red squirrel population exploded. They hid cones everywhere in the spare room over our garage. My old boots were filled. Below there was plastic stapled up between the rafters as a moisture barrier. The reds over filled that space till the staples gave way and I opened the garage door to find a pile of cones stretching from one side of the garage to the other.

And they'd get into scraps with the grey squirrels. A red squirrel here is about 1/4 the size of the grey. No matter.

I was sitting at breakfast one morning by the picture window watching a grey squirrel under the bird feeder. A red squirrel appeared and launched itself - literally - through the air at the grey. For a second or two it was like one of those cartoon fights - a cloud of dust with here and there an arm or a tail sticking out. Then the red came flying out of the scrum like he'd been punted. Landed in the snow. Shook himself off and stalked away.

Hello Spamland

h_C, happy (very) belated anniversary

Hi Adara! Thanks, it was a nice one!

And to celebrate I joined an online poker tournament(for free since I'm new to the site) and out of 18000 players I finished in place 462!

And happy anniversary for HC!

Congrats on the finish!

Thanks!

I can't recall if I ever said, but that baby pic of you with the dog that you posted a while back was one of if not the nicest baby pic I've ever seen.

HC my father is 56 . You are 7 years older than him ,no ?

I'm 61, so 5 years, but yeah. There truly is a big difference between 56 and 61. It's not a dramatic change from year to year - just a steady decline.

Happy belated anniversary, HC!

Sad to be missing out on ConCarolinas but there was just no way to make it work with my current injuries. Sigh. I was really looking forward to it.

I did, however, get my hair cut the other day and had my girl add in TARDIS blue highlights. Right now they're hard to see in my dark hair, but as they fade they'll brighten up. Had to do something fun to cheer myself up. I've also been constructing a nerdy charm bracelet (as an early birthday present) - got myself a cute little crown for it to commemorate my reign (it'll have to do until I find a spot for a small crown tattoo). It's the little things...

Thanks Maid!

Dang! The Tardis is blue? I wrote a lie last night over on the Outrageous thread that had the Doctor and Tardis in it, but I had it being red (embarrassed blush).

Maid, I'm so sorry about all your injuries. I hope there's light at the end of the PT tunnel for you! :hugs:

Hello The Spam!

I have journeyed across America today and am now in a cab on my way to the hilton where concarolinas starts this evening. I expect to meet up with Lily in a few minutes, then Be later tonight. I'm missing Lany and maid already :-(. And I need to figure out how to add emoticons from my iPhone. Is it even possible?

Give lots of big spammy hugs to Lily.

No , Helena. Larissa is the old head nurse whom I bribe with goodies and charm to keep me informed . She's not really "old" she's like 34 :lol:
The new nurse is called Yara apparently .

This is so funny.

I love when teenagers refer to thirty somethings as old. I laugh. Oh, how I laugh.

Evening thread.

You, sir, have your head screwed on straight (imo). Would that more people saw things that way.

Damn. I wish my husband would cook or clean. Anything. Even the car.

Nah, considering, he does the best he can

The last time I actively dated (8 years ago?) I found that many men were afraid that if they opened a door I would get offended. I was always more offended that a man didn't know to pull out a chair for a lady, let her order first, hold a door, etc.

I suppose I'm old fashioned though. Mutual respect and humor were high in my book.

Hodor deals with a lot - and so do you. It sounds to me like you do an awesome job under the circumstances as so does he.

But . . . .

Your hubby doesn't clean the car?? Has his California citizenship not been revoked? I've never seen a place where the Saturday morning car washing is such a ritual as Cali. The water usage from 9 to noon Saturday has to be triple the norm.

I hear this from time to time about the door opening thing. I still do it and have not gotten any crap about it which is notable in this town given the high alert feminism here. But that means women will hold doors for me and I try to accept gracefully as well.

I just noticed that Kit Harrington is doing a voice for How to train your dragon 2.. I hope it isn't distracting

I'm looking forward to that. I love Toothless - he looks just like our cat (if you hold her ears down).

Good Morning guys!!!

I finally got my boyfriend hooked on GoT,we watched 4 episodes last night

So we were watching s01e07 and he asked me who Joffrey is. damn Unsullied

I'm looking forward to seeing his face when they behead Ned

After seeing "the slap", he still forgets who Joffrey is?? =o . Sorry dear. This man may not be a keeper. :D

Lany,

Those measurements - I'm old enough to remember when a woman's measurements were enough to make a man salivate. Guys would write down the 3 numbers of their favorite bombshell and have them committed to memory.

Pre-feminism, of course. I'm surprised anybody still pays attention today.

More telling was that you look great in your more recent pics and I can tell you're healthier based on your karate classes.

Lany,

Those measurements - I'm old enough to remember when a woman's measurements were enough to make a man salivate. Guys would write down the 3 numbers of their favorite bombshell and have them committed to memory.

Pre-feminism, of course. I'm surprised anybody still pays attention today.

More telling was that you look great in your more recent pics and I can tell you're healthier based on your karate classes.

I can remember that too. :lol: 36-26-36 was supposed to be "perfect" at one time (it was what always came up in the "old" movies)

Thank you :love:

As a person who is weightlifting and gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat, (such a gross picture, but one of my favories) the tape measure can be a better indicator of fat loss than the scale. My weight plateaued for a bit, even though I lost a couple of inches on the waist and hips.

Archived