GRRM doing a reading of The Winds of Winter this weekend at ConQuest

Yes, I will be reading a chapter from THE WINDS OF WINTER there, and yes, I'll talk about ICE AND FIRE and my other writing... but the emphasis at Conquest will be on my editing, especially the WILD CARDS series, and one of my two scheduled autograph sessions will be limited to the anthologies I've edited. Just sayin'.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/427974.html

Hopefully something new. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

This means some lucky people get to hear a new chapter. GRRM can't write 24/7. He deserves some fun time.

You think he's been writing 24/7 for the past four years? He just buckled down to get the book done in earnest late last year. Anyways, I'd prefer to have a book instead of "luckily" getting a chapter.

But GRRMs going to do what he wants to. Whenever he gets the book out, we know it'll be great. I guess that's more than we can ask of anyone.

If the "emphasis" of his appearance is meant to be about his editing work on Wildcards, then it seems unlikely he will read a new TWOW chapter there. That would surely take up all the attention.

Based on his blog post when the latest Sansa chapter was released, he didn't even want to release that, they had to 'twist his arm'. It doesn't seems like he wants to release any more TWOW material, period. So I'm not getting my hopes up with this appearance, or the chance of us getting a christmas gift either. Hopefully he just gets TWOW out before S6 of the show airs, that will be gift enough....

I love how people love to be the ones to call out other people for "bitching" solely for the satisfaction of being able to point a finger at someone else.

So will I stop "bitching"? No. Do I understand that GRRM cannot be expected to write 24/7? Yes. And I'm sure that he takes some satisfaction in the fact that he has people all around the world that dedicate a great part of their day on forums dissecting his work and will understand if some people wish he could stay at home pumping out some more great books.

But, I can't deny, you do a great job at bitching about bitching.

I love how Martin takes some time to be with his fans, and immediately people start bitching that he's not writing enough. Just shut up, please. The book will be done when it's done.

I'm curious to hear what he reads, it would be cool if it was another Bran chapter.

Well that would be fine if the show wasn't going to spoil the end. If the show did not exist, then I think many would be ok with waiting. There is also the thing that he pumped 3 books out in what 4 years, then 2 in 11 or so...

I love how people love to be the ones to call out other people for "bitching" solely for the satisfaction of being able to point a finger at someone else.

So will I stop "bitching"? No. Do I understand that GRRM cannot be expected to write 24/7? Yes. And I'm sure that he takes some satisfaction in the fact that he has people all around the world that dedicate a great part of their day on forums dissecting his work and will understand if some people wish he could stay at home pumping out some more great books.

Yep.

This is the kind of thing that is entirely okay to think but entirely NOT okay to share on public forums.

Yes that was kind of harsh, but I don't really believe in censorship of any kind.

Is this your way of telling me that there is a god? XD

I am Christian, but no that was my way of displaying to the forum that I am naive in this matter....

But anything is possible and he did claim to not attend things until he was done or close to it. And as far as I know, none of us really have any clue how far along in the writing process he is. For all we know, he could have been editing the entire manuscript since last year. All we can do is hope that if he is attending the con, that either he is near done or he just completed a binge writing session and needs a break. As I see it, either one is good for us, although I am sure everyone prefers the former.

Well that would be fine if the show wasn't going to spoil the end. If the show did not exist, then I think many would be ok with waiting. There is also the thing that he pumped 3 books out in what 4 years, then 2 in 11 or so...

Yep.

Yes that was kind of harsh, but I don't really believe in censorship of any kind.

The Show so diverges from the Books that we won't be spoiled.

Oh grow up, I didn't call you out specifically because I wasn't talking about you specifically. I get sick and tired of hearing people complain about how Martin doesn't write enough every time he does something that isn't writing.

I write and read on these forums because I like ASOIAF. I think its cool and fun. But at the end of the day, its just a fantasy book series and I'm not about to get my panties in a knot if a made up world isn't made up as fast as I would like it.

Whether you were talking to me specifically or not, my reply to you still stands. If your panties weren't in a bunch you wouldn't have wasted your time commenting. My advise, if you don't like people complaining about "just a fantasy book" then you should just ignore them. Not everyone has your patience, so deal with it. We come here to have our ideas and comments heard and we will defend ourselves when we feel like we are being unjustly criticized. It's the way it is and has nothing to do with "growing up".

The Show so diverges from the Books that we won't be spoiled.

Actually Martin's latest blog post, in response to Episode 6, dispells that hope. He says that while the Books and Show increasingly take different roads, the intention remains that they both end up at the same place in the end.

Hence the end will be spoiled for us, rest assured.

Archived