Tyrion's suggestion to Dany

Dragon_Rider

All men must die.

This song of ice and fire is hopefully about the struggle of humankind and nature mixed with the forces of the gods. Perfect endgame for me would be Dany at Dragonstone, last human survivor, with her dragons. If we learn anything from the "Game of Thrones" the petty fights and battles of humans with no regard to the big picture of the endurance of the world is almost laughable.

Jon will learn this from the Knights King. Bran will learn it from the Tree, Arya will know it from the many-faced god. All men have to go.

Lots of foreshadowing on the show for this as well. The mad king tried to burn everyone to the ground. Littlefinger is said to be happy "even if he rules over all the ashes". Cersi even threatens something about burning everything to the ground.

Valar Morghulis.

If Daenerys has a baby with anyone it's going to be Jon. :P

Pretty much this.

Her having finally a living child will be very consequential and it'll probably happen at the end or towards the end of the series. Daario will be long gone by then.

There has also been a lot of buildup with Dany and Jon and all the parallel's they share. They are in many ways complimentary to each other.

Yeah,never got this hate for Jon/Dany...Especially considering they will be in opposite sides. AND the fact he will defeat her and prove he is Rhaegar's son.

I see them having a child,but Dany not making it through,putting Sansa as the surrogate mother to the kid.

That is soooooo....not the point.

1. Who wants to restart a line that dances around madness?

2. With so much inbreeding, should there be more shared Targ genes?

3, Not everything is about sex, Dany's progress has been very sexualised. Between Viserys, Drogo, Jorah and Daario they all have some level of sexual interest. Sex isn't bad but there are many relationships a woman can have with a man.

4. They've never met and from what we know won't meet until A Dream of Spring, 6/7th of the way through the story when the whole threat is coming to a head. That should be about payoff, not building something new.

All men must die.

This song of ice and fire is hopefully about the struggle of humankind and nature mixed with the forces of the gods. Perfect endgame for me would be Dany at Dragonstone, last human survivor, with her dragons. If we learn anything from the "Game of Thrones" the petty fights and battles of humans with no regard to the big picture of the endurance of the world is almost laughable.

Jon will learn this from the Knights King. Bran will learn it from the Tree, Arya will know it from the many-faced god. All men have to go.

Lots of foreshadowing on the show for this as well. The mad king tried to burn everyone to the ground. Littlefinger is said to be happy "even if he rules over all the ashes". Cersi even threatens something about burning everything to the ground.

Valar Morghulis.

Martin's description of the ending as "bittersweet" is quite vague and leaves a great deal of room for speculation. Not so much room, though, that your "perfect ending" is possible. That won't happen, pal. Give up on it.

A lot of destruction and devastation? Sure, that may well happen. "Last human survivor?" No way.

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting, GRRM has already written a bittesweet ending in TPATQ.

Yet Aegon's triumph would prove to be as short-lived as it was bittersweet. Rhaenyra was dead, but her cause had not died with her, and new "black" armies were on the march even as the king returned to the Red Keep.

I think we can expect something the same. Dany may die in the end, but her child will sit on the IT and Targaryen dinasty will be restored.

Jon, maybe. But I think some other secret Targaryen might be possible as well, or even another character?

I think the dragons are there to fight the others and the ones who will ride them (Jon, Tyrion and Dany) are destined to fight the others, not to rule. So neither of them will end up on the throne, but they will either be dead or leave it to someone with energy left, such as Sansa, or another character.

I think some lines in the show are just lines to set up catchy dialogue, leading up to something (in this case 'the wheel' speech), not to be taken to literally. In this case there was also a bit of revision for slow audience members. Who will support Dany, why isn't the smallfolk enough. But nothing serious. I mean, they even forgot to mention Dorne.

We know Tyrion is there to serve (and to get vengeance on his sister) and he has nothing but good intentions with Daenerys. And then the only house who might really support them he would forget? A bit unlikely since he had been confronted quite intensely with the Dornish and their appetite for revenge over the loss of their Elia and two children.

This specific part of the conversation was just lousy writing, building up to her wheel speech. You could also interpret it as Tyrion testing how motivated she is without really setting up a plan. They are testing each other, not making plans.

I absolutely loved the confrontation btw, I could see a lot of chemistry up there. They are so well fitted as a duo! He already putted her on her place when she started raving about Varys :D The brilliant point about those two is that they are exactly what the other need and appreciate each other for that. Dany will not kill or disapprove of Tyrion when he doesn't manage to keep his tongue: he already mentioned Jaime when she was still 'making her decision' and got away with it.

It was actually exactly how I imagined it would be. Tyrion half on trial in her big throne room and then offered a private audition where he is his honest self and it clicks. I loved how he referred to Shae/his fathers death, and how she warned him not to get drunk. Both seemed promises of an intimate friendship. Overall the whole thing was much better executed as I ever imagined (for the show, I expect much better from the books). What I really hated was that this was not a point of view chapter. I want to know what she thinks of him, or event more, what he thinks of her.

:agree:

It was one of my favorite scenes of the whole of the season.

Archived