Your Plans for TWOW

BaelorTheBold

when the release date is announced I'll start reading the other books from the beginning in anticipation. I work alot so won't speed read it but it should only take me a week or so anyways, then I'll check out the forums.

Probably won't do midnight release but will pick it up on the first day.  Definitely staying away from the forums - already made that mistake with aDwD and the spoiling of Jon's 'death'.  And the first weekend after it's released, I am making sure I have nothing planned as I will binge-read that weekend.

The Harry Potter releases taught me much. If TWOW comes out in the near future, I'll definitely avoid social media for a week or so and pick up the book when I can. After marathoning it, I'll return to the internet. Unfortunately, I don't think avoiding potential spoilers will be as simple as it was during the early-mid 2000s. 

I am hoping I get it as a gift but as for reading it, I plan to do it like I did with ADWD and lock myself away from the world and read cover to cover.

I read ADWD in a little more than a day, straight reading the whole time so I probably can repeat that with TWOW

ha? what do you mean by that? source?

http://en.yibada.com/articles/46413/20150718/winds-winter-release-update-game-thrones-author-george-r-martin.htm

"The boys of summer better take heed -- winter is coming to Staten Island on August 8. And where there is winter, there are direwolves."

I am hoping that this is a TWOW announcement!

Isn't anyone planning to bake lemon cakes the day before, lay in some tasty, easy to eat meals, throw a few bottles of champagne and/or Arbor Gold in the fridge and some bottles of Arbor Red as a stand-by? This is going to be a major event. Let's celebrate with the right stuff. Hang our house banners, get out our action figures, drink out of our GOT mugs. Oh, and let's not forget our GOT' s wine glasses. Even if it comes at Christmas I'm putting out my stuff side by side with the Christmas decos. It will keep me from losing my mind the week before the book comes out.

I havent waited years like may of you, I read them all last fall. So from my perspective I'll re-read certain end chapters from feast and dance, buy the e-book (i find physical books too cumbersome now), and read it at whatever speed my schedule allows, should be finished well within a month, the only thing that might pressure me to do faster is if season 6 is already airing by then.

Like most I'll avoid all the internet that can be avoided, specially this board until I'm done.

I live in such a small place so chances are there isn't going to be a midnight release... So I'll probably pre-order it, anything to get my hands on it as soon as possible.

I can't see how there's a way to visit the forums and not get spoiled so I'll stay away from this place until after I've finished. Discussion can wait. When I read the book for the first time all I want is to enjoy the story and get carried away by it so I don't want to think too much about what's coming and I don't want to get other people's ideas inside my head... Plenty of time for that later.

I think I'll start rereading from Game the moment I hear about a release date. Three months or so should be just enough for me to finish with Dance, so I'll be warmed up for Winds... Once I start reading, I'll probably read like there's no tomorrow but I'll still start to enjoy the story as much as possible, knowing that with every page I turn I'm that much closer to the end... and another long wait. Depending on how much real life duties I have with exams and college papers and whatnot, I'll probably finish in three days. Possibly even faster. Cause there's no way that book is going to leave my hands before I'm done with it.

Hi All,

When TWOW is released, I'll probably pre-order it, or pick it up at the bookstore. if there is midnight release, I'll probably go to that too. I usually like to savor the experience of reading, so I will read it one chapter a day. And of course, stay off the forum and internet until I finish it :)

I'll start a reread of everything when they announce a release date.

Probably going to take at least a day off work to start it and should be done in about a week. Definitely going to avoid the forums until I'm completely finished too.

I'll start a reread of everything when they announce a release date.

Probably going to take at least a day off work to start it and should be done in about a week. Definitely going to avoid the forums until I'm completely finished too.

Ditto on the first.

I am not going to rush read it, though.  It takes 5 years for the next.  I think the last one I managed to hold out to a whole week and a half before I finished it.  I'll try to savor it at least that much and stay off Westeros.  

I was considering buying the hardcover when/if it comes out instead of waiting for the paperback, the way I did for a year or 2 with ADwD, after getting the first 4 paperbacks all at once, but by the time it gets released I'm wondering if the show won't have overtaken it to such an extent that there won't be any huge urgency.

I've never watched any of the show and have no near term plans to do so, but it's pretty hard to avoid tripping over any mention of what happens on it since people refer to it without warning on all sorts of forums. Probably be easier to avoid finding out who wins the next Superbowl for a month or 2 after it gets played.

Archived