US Politics - Why we can't have even mediocre things

Larry of the Lawn

On the high school kid who was treated like a terrorist for making a clock -- the town it happened in has been on the forefront of "SHARIA LAW!!!!" scaremongering. Their mayor has gotten a lot of media exposure on extrapolating a looming Muslim takeover from a nearby mosque offering voluntary, non-binding mediation on civil disputes between its members.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20150319-dispute-on-islam-roils-irving.ece

I actually liked that response from Paul about weed policy, and bonus points for bringing up the poor and minority victimization of drug laws.

And Jeb Bush cops to smoking it in high school. We've come a long way from Bill Clinton's "didn't inhale" dodge.

You are a smart guy, but sometimes I think you let your passion go past what people are saying.

No one is saying the accusation is smart.  In this situation it is very stupid.

What is being said, is that this statement, taken in a vacuum, is probably utter by anyone who is caught with some kind of contraband and that it isn't proof either way.

No dude, I'm the one thinking it through here by pointing out that this statement is also what anyone who is completely innocent would say too. Which is why it's a bunch of bullshit to say it means anything and I think you should know that already.

But more importantly, no one should be acting like it doesn't prove anything either way because that presupposes that this accusation has any validity at all when it's based on literally nothing.

It's like accusing a random person off the street of being a murder and when they deny it saying "Well, that's why a guilty person would say too, so we don't know either way!". It's a bullshit stance to take in this situation.

I cannot believe how bad Jeb Bush is in these debate.  It's like he's a has-been 1% vote-getter who is only getting more time because he was once the presumed front-runner. 

I cannot believe how bad Jeb Bush is in these debate.  It's like he's a has-been 1% vote-getter who is only getting more time because he was once the presumed front-runner. 

Oh come on, he looks Presidential. In that he's had relatives who were presidents. Most sickening part of debate has been the constant handjobbing of Reagan. Guy was a douche.

"Mr. Trump, as President, you would have control over the Centers for Disease Control and the National Institutes of Health..."

I just broke out in a cold sweat.

Definitely one of the more ridiculous moments watching Trump lecture a former neurosurgeon on the myth that vaccines cause autism.

Definitely one of the more ridiculous moments watching Trump lecture a former neurosurgeon on the myth that vaccines cause autism.

Excsept he's an everyman who knows someone who got an autism shot, He'd solve that by stretching out the vaccine schedule.

Eta: and does Walker realize he ran his state into the ground?

Realize it? He's practically running on it

Touche. I think Huckabee, Christie, Paul are all done within the month or sooner. Walker and Cruz seemed awful but I know some people love that angle. Jeb was more or less a no-show at best. Kasich blew it. It's Trump, Fiorina, and Rubio. Jeb will hang in there because he's a Bush bjt that's it.

What was with Jebs bizzare Margaret Thatcher answer? Jesus, at least pick an American. If he couldn't think of something he should've just bandwagoned on the Rosa Parks train.

My preference from this crew has got to be Kasich , Carson, and Paul. Maybe Fiorina. I've got no plans to vote republican, but I certainly hope that one of the saner ones makes it through, just in case. Jeb also seems rational, but another Bush turns the stomach a but if it came to that.

I think Trump toned it down a notch, even though he did manage a few Trumpisms. Unfortunately I think he will be in there for a major chunk of the process.

Archived